Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Audax / Re: Wild Atlantic Way Audax 2200km in 2024
« Last post by finchface on Today at 05:16:30 pm »
I'm still dithering as to whether I want to / am able to do this ride (I think I will make a decision after the Bryan Chapman this weekend, gulp). Has anyone committed to it already? 
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by jiberjaber on Today at 05:06:01 pm »
Walnut Tree @ Broads Green this week - who's in ?

1. Joergen
2. psyclist
3. Josser
6. ??

OK - shall we aim for 20:00ish?
For PPP222:

I don't understand the difference here https://www.pedalution.co.uk/events/pauline-porter-populaire-222/ :

"9.3-10.3kph is the overall speed for the Arrivée opening times. Daily times are based on 12.5-25kph for each days’ latest start. "

Does the 9.3-10.3 mean anything in practice if the control times are based on 12.5-25?

i think it means if you included the sleep time that they suggest (restarting each day at 7-ish) then your overall speed would be 9.3
but if you just treat each day as separate and starting at 7am, finishing at 1am then the speed for each day is 12.5

For example, the first day is 225km.   Average speed for the 24h between the start at 7am and leaving for the second day at 7am over 225km is 9.375kph
The Knowledge / Re: Tyre width
« Last post by Hot Flatus on Today at 04:45:22 pm »
Yes. They are called tubeless. ;)
For PPP222:

I don't understand the difference here https://www.pedalution.co.uk/events/pauline-porter-populaire-222/ :

"9.3-10.3kph is the overall speed for the Arrivée opening times. Daily times are based on 12.5-25kph for each days’ latest start. "

Does the 9.3-10.3 mean anything in practice if the control times are based on 12.5-25?

Audax / Re: Extended Calendar Events; A Marriage made in Heaven?
« Last post by sparklyfish on Today at 04:41:26 pm »
Hello, sorry if this is answered elsewhere - haven't managed to find an answer through the medium of Google.

Are Extended Permanent Events a thing? I vaguely recall something like EPE being put as a motion to the AUK board. But I can't remember any more than that, and there's no info on the extensive audax.uk FAQs.

Asking because, assuming I successfully manage the 600km Gospel Pass in July, I need a Herts 200km for my Herts SR.  :thumbsup:

Yes they are. Bit of a minority interest as it's usually easier and cheaper to do the whole thing as a DIY. I did a couple during lockdown as 2 of the Essex Winter Series calendar events were cancelled but made available as perms and I wanted the badge!

Although there's currently no way to enter one as all ECEs work from the "ECE this event" button.

Other than sending me the route, perm details and £4 PayPal.

Brill, thanks GdS! I will do that in a few weeks. I'd like to do Phil's Greenways 100km, to get an annoying square I missed in Hemel Hempstead try out all those fun old railway routes! That's my June audax sorted.  :thumbsup:
The Pub / Re: The best of ai LLM
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 04:40:35 pm »
yebbut Norway has one of the lowest grid factors going
Had to cancel.  This cold I have isn't going away.  It was worse today than last weekend.  Bummer
The Knowledge / Re: Smart trainer
« Last post by ravenbait on Today at 04:12:11 pm »
Zwift of course, and I use FulGaz for VR rides.  You can stream them but I found downloading them more reliable.

What else would I need to be able to use zwift ?

J
I used to run it on my smartphone and mirror screen on Chromecast. Tacx Flux has native BT, so it worked fine (apart from aforementioned lag due to router distance), although I really hated the animated cartoon style of it.

Sam
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 04:09:32 pm »
U Can't Touch This - M C Hammer
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10