Author Topic: PBP 2023 - Rulz  (Read 20088 times)

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
Re: PBP 2023 - Rulz
« Reply #150 on: 29 August, 2023, 12:09:57 pm »
I called into the Medical Centre at Fougères on the way out, and told them I had a sore neck. I asked for a medical exemption certificate. Cunning eh.

They offered me a medical exemption certificate but said that I would be disqualified if I used it. I'm not sure they understood what a medical exemption certificate is for. Not so cunning after all. Also, in all the rush to get a hat before the ride, it turns out I got the fit wrong. I'm really disappointed in the last minuteness of the change, giving me no time to prepare. Anyway, what's done is done. I'll get a better fit for 2027 - meanwhile back to the joy of caps.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: PBP 2023 - Rulz
« Reply #151 on: 29 August, 2023, 12:22:33 pm »
I read the Penalty List again - it says something like "noone can be stopped from riding" for any penalty (although this is contradicted for lights  :facepalm: )
So you should always be able to finish the brevet.

I haven't completely confirmed Ricki Goode's protest ride yet. He told me he would register - to get a wristband for stuffs - then start solo (no lid!) and thus on a Private Excursion, before the 90h groups. He has no times on the tracker, and I heard he abandoned quite early.

Top man  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles