Author Topic: Essex pub NIGHT RIDE  (Read 59549 times)

Re: Essex pub NIGHT RIDE
« Reply #25 on: 15 April, 2008, 08:54:36 am »
You're going to have to stop burning them down though.

yes, sorry about that.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #26 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:49:14 am »
I now, unexpectedly, find myself free that evening.  :D

I still have to go to the IoW the next day though.  :-\

Mrs. FB might think it's too much drinking cycling.  :-\
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

« Reply #27 on: 15 April, 2008, 10:57:42 am »
Hurdlers is good for me, less than 10 miles each way  :thumbsup:

Even though I'll have to go up and over Col du Danbury twice....
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #28 on: 15 April, 2008, 11:19:27 am »

It will be a lovely evening. Bring her on the tandem!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #29 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:07:15 pm »
Hmm. 

45 miles each way...  Meet at 9, carbo-load for an hour or so, leave at 10.30, home by 1.30...   

I'll see what the weather forecast is like and how works going, but I'm a possible for this one.  OD, where will you be leaving from?  I could meet you on the way!

I will be leaving from home in Witham, probably about 1930 hours.  I will go from Witham, to Hatfield Peveral, then Little Baddow and to Woodham Mortimer via the A414.  If you want to swing by my house PM me and I will send you our address.

« Reply #30 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:13:48 pm »
Maybe I could swing by your place too Oscars? (I'll be coming from Chelmsford)  Get a bit of a group ride going rather than all turning up from different directions!

I think I saw you in Witham a few months ago on Newland Street. There can't be too many blokes in Witham who ride tandem with their kiddie as stoker!  ;D

annie

« Reply #31 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:17:16 pm »
Maybe I could swing by your place too Oscars? (I'll be coming from Chelmsford)  Get a bit of a group ride going rather than all turning up from different directions!

I think I saw you in Witham a few months ago on Newland Street. There can't be too many blokes in Witham who ride tandem with their kiddie as stoker!  ;D

Was he by the side of the road trying to read a  map?  If so then that would be Oscar's Dad.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #32 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:17:28 pm »

It will be a lovely evening. Bring her on the tandem!

Does this mean that perhaps you and Mrs Wow might be attending?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #33 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:19:25 pm »
It's a nice 20 miles for me. I might consider doing a little more after closing time and arriving home in the very wee small hours.

I had thought of doing the IoW, but we've just had a nice break, are off to Wales at the end of May, and there's the High Easter 100k to do on the tandem.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #34 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:20:23 pm »

That was perhaps me and Twinkle Toes.  Our tandem is silver with red forks.  But it could have been RR also of this and the acf parish.  He also has an Orbit tandem that is all silver.  He transports his offspring on it too.  Next time you see us please stop for a chat.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #35 on: 16 April, 2008, 05:21:59 pm »

Was he by the side of the road trying to read a  map?  If so then that would be Oscar's Dad.

You madam, are very cheeky!  I shall be getting a GPS very soon but won't need it to get from my house to the centre of Witham.

rr

« Reply #36 on: 17 April, 2008, 11:36:27 am »

That was perhaps me and Twinkle Toes.  Our tandem is silver with red forks.  But it could have been RR also of this and the acf parish.  He also has an Orbit tandem that is all silver.  He transports his offspring on it too.  Next time you see us please stop for a chat.

If it was me I usually have micro on the tamdem and mini on her Islabike, but sometimes only one of them on the tandem. My girls have dark hair and pink helmets, ODs I think is blonde. Our tandem has blue forks. Also stop for a chat.

« Reply #37 on: 22 April, 2008, 04:15:10 pm »
I was going to go to Bristol, but I can't let the local crew down - count me in.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #38 on: 22 April, 2008, 04:29:26 pm »
I was going to go to Bristol, but I can't let the local crew down - count me in.

Excellent!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #39 on: 28 April, 2008, 11:55:09 am »
For those of you interested in this ride the following info might be useful ...

Based on there being no other suggestions it would appear that The Hurdlemakers Arms, Post Office Road, Woodham Mortimer, CM9 6ST is the venue.  CLICK HERE for the pub's website

Post Office Road can be easily missed.  It is a left turn off the B1010 which is about 0.5 miles east of the A414 roundabout.

I shall be in the pub from about 2100 hrs onwards.  If anyone would like my mobile number please PM me.

Look forward to seeing you!

« Reply #40 on: 28 April, 2008, 12:10:54 pm »
I think I'm going to struggle to get there in time as Friday is my last day at work for a week and it'd mean leaving at 5 on the dot... Will see how the week goes.

« Reply #41 on: 29 April, 2008, 03:53:09 pm »
I will be leaving from home in Witham, probably about 1930 hours.

I shall be in the pub from about 2100 hrs onwards.  If anyone would like my mobile number please PM me.

It doesn't take an hour and a half to get from Witham to Woodham Mortimer!! 

Might do on the way back after a few jars  ;D

Oscar's dad

« Reply #42 on: 29 April, 2008, 03:55:02 pm »
Bear in mind there are several pubs between Witham and The Hurdlemakers!

« Reply #43 on: 29 April, 2008, 03:56:58 pm »
What's the plan bobb? do you want to go from Chelmsford to Woodham Mortimer via Witham?

« Reply #44 on: 29 April, 2008, 03:59:29 pm »
What's the plan bobb? do you want to go from Chelmsford to Woodham Mortimer via Witham?

Yes. I shall leave work in Witham on time and then ride back there to call in at Oscars Dad's.

I suggest we leave as early as possible as there are plenty of pubs between Chelmsford and witham too  :P

Edit: Could ride in and meet you from Braintree after work and get some dinner in a Witham boozer. But don't you bugger off really early on a Friday? I'll be at work until 4.59 and 59 seconds....

« Reply #45 on: 29 April, 2008, 04:01:36 pm »
This will be fun to here about after the ride.
bobb, TOKaMaK and Oscars Dad on a ride together. Any bets on who'll get lost first?  ;)

« Reply #46 on: 29 April, 2008, 04:03:12 pm »
I suggest we leave as early as possible as there are plenty of pubs between Chelmsford and witham too  :P
This is to allow plenty of time to work up the courage to ask strangers the way to go?  ;D

« Reply #47 on: 29 April, 2008, 04:04:39 pm »
Right-o. My route for the day then will be Chelmsford-Braintree-Chelmsford-Witham-Woodham Mortimer-Chelmsford, super!

« Reply #48 on: 29 April, 2008, 04:08:45 pm »
...and what is 'the plan' that OD and Wow have hatched? I bet it involves skinny-dipping.

« Reply #49 on: 29 April, 2008, 04:09:44 pm »
Right-o. My route for the day then will be Chelmsford-Braintree-(hic)Chelmsford-Witham-(hic, burp)Woodham (Walter????) Mortimer-(hic, chunder)Chelmsford, super! Am I home yet?