Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1625474 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #3125 on: 21 March, 2013, 03:22:16 pm »
The weather was fine by the end of March.  What the hell is going on this year?  >:(

Karmic retribution for March 2012:

On that ride I was wearing sandals, and paddled in the Bournbrook.

« Reply #3126 on: 21 March, 2013, 03:44:56 pm »
I'm feeling really sorry for Kim.  I know she's put a lot of hard work into this.

^This.
Thanks for all your hard work and excellent prep, Kim. Hopefully for the 3rd attempt the universe can provide Brummies and clement weather in abundance.

« Reply #3127 on: 21 March, 2013, 04:02:00 pm »
In 1974 it snowed in the middle and end of March. I remember it well because we came back to the UK for a holiday, I was 7 and it was the first time I remember seeing snow. As I woz a crip wearing fibreglass crip-legs (and shorts), I was not allowed to play in the snow. 7-year-old me was Very Cross.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3128 on: 21 March, 2013, 04:35:24 pm »
I'm sure I have some phone pictures of thick SNO in London on April 8 one year but can't remember year or location of pictures...

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3129 on: 21 March, 2013, 05:56:02 pm »
You can get the year from the EXIF info in one of the JPEGs, via http://regex.info/exif.cgi if not your image viewer.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3130 on: 21 March, 2013, 05:59:18 pm »
Yebbut I don't know where the picture file is.
It's probably on my other laptop and the file name would give the date anyway.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3131 on: 21 March, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »
Ah   :facepalm:

Like Biggsy, I assumed you meant 'location' in the geotagging sense.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3132 on: 21 March, 2013, 07:43:44 pm »
Ah   :facepalm:

Like Biggsy, I assumed you meant 'location' in the geotagging sense.

Hardly. I took photo through glazed kitchen door chez moi!

Then I remembered I'd put it on Flickr (and realised the date wasn't quite right).

It was 6 April 2008.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3133 on: 21 March, 2013, 08:05:22 pm »
Broadband is down.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3134 on: 21 March, 2013, 08:16:29 pm »
No doubt your string is wet or frozen. Isn't technology great?

« Reply #3135 on: 21 March, 2013, 09:22:40 pm »
In 1974 it snowed in the middle and end of March.
And at the beginning of June 1975. I woke early because I was bloody freezing, & saw the snow on the Chilterns from my bedroom window.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3136 on: 22 March, 2013, 09:59:28 am »
For some reason HMRC have removed my tax relief on my HPC fees and BAOT subscriptions from my tax code. In fact, they removed it in November and I didn't know until I got my new tax code yesterday.

This is a grumble and not a rant because I rang them and they sorted it straight away without me having to send in a written claim.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #3137 on: 22 March, 2013, 10:20:18 am »
I achieve the impossible and get Brummies to (mostly) agree on a date for something, and the weather has to go and ruin it...  >:(
I'm feeling really sorry for Kim.  I know she's put a lot of hard work into this.
I'm old enough to remember the '63 winter.  It was horrendous and extremely cold.  But only in the WINTER.  The weather was fine by the end of March.  What the hell is going on this year?  >:(

Glomate warmange? 

Or would that be clibal chaning?

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #3138 on: 22 March, 2013, 10:30:05 am »
Nah.  Government cutbacks, innit?
Last year they abolished summer and we went straight from spring to autumn.

This year we go straight from winter to autumn.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #3139 on: 22 March, 2013, 10:51:56 am »
HMRC have changed my tax code to yoink money I don't think they're entitled to yoink, too chicken to use the court system they use a system I can't challenge legally at all. I am in the process of suing the fuckers for disability discrimination but that's slow and tedious and I'm not sure I'll recoup my losses caused by their accessfail.  Lawyering is SO boring! (grumble grumble)

Work was the usual half arsed gritting effort in the snow.  Some paths but not others.  Our road/paths at disability services are beautifully gritted, shame the pavements to GET TO US are useless and have piles of snow blocking access to the nice gritted bits.  The ramped routes between disabled parking and disabled accesses are FAAAAIL.   So bored of this stupidity!

« Reply #3140 on: 23 March, 2013, 05:14:18 pm »
I appear to have lost my GPS. >:( I'll have no hope of navigating on tomorrow's audax without it, so it had better make itself known soon! I know it's around here somewhere...

« Reply #3141 on: 24 March, 2013, 05:40:58 pm »
Drivers who sit in the middle lane and ignore the left-hand lane; just don't. Tossers.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3142 on: 24 March, 2013, 09:43:09 pm »
More Royal Fail.  "Welcome to your handy price guide".  Yeah, I'm sure it's handy if you've got an A3 printer or the eyes of a bionic man.

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/files/RoyalMail_OurPrices_April2013b.pdf

Anyway, more changes to familiarise yourselves with there.  Standard Parcels is being scrapped.  Packets are being replaced with Small Parcels and Medium Parcels.  No Large Parcels.

http://www.royalmail.com/parcels-made-easy

http://www.seajays.org.uk/postage/index.cfm
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #3143 on: 24 March, 2013, 10:46:30 pm »
Gah, driving back from the bike shop today, 60mph limit, admittedly some snow had fallen but not really, none on the roads, verges and hedges dusted but still >90% green/brown rather than white. None falling at the time, roads not even wet, can maybe see sense in doing 50mph or so rather than sitting on the limit.

So I've no idea why the person in front felt that 30mph was too fast and jumped on the brakes everytime they reached it  :facepalm: And then of course they still stayed at 30mph through the 30 limit sections. Odd.

And no, I wasn't tailgating and therefore inducing the braking, I was a good distance back.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

fuzzy

« Reply #3144 on: 25 March, 2013, 12:09:56 pm »
Office Slob.

As a result of having to put up with you spending yesterday morning coating the office with the lining of your lungs, I and at least one of my colleagues have developed a tickly cough.

Tosser >:(

Update:

Tickly cough progressed that day to a runny nose, thick head and chills. Cue going to bed at 9:30 Wednesday evening, an hour and a half after dinner, where I stayed, at varying levels of conciousness, with the shivers, the sweats, the achey joints, the open mouth breathing, the feeling like complete and itter shite, until 10:30 Friday morning. no food, no fluids, no animation just solid staying in bed.

Really fucked up my wall demolition and brick recycling schedule >:(

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3145 on: 25 March, 2013, 02:43:49 pm »
I hate my guts  :(

« Reply #3146 on: 26 March, 2013, 08:45:00 am »
There are at least twenty empty, forward facing rows of seats on this train, do you HAVE to sit there?

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #3147 on: 26 March, 2013, 09:18:28 am »
Local bakery, as in next to the bus stop for the local tube station.  I don't buy much there, but thought I'd pick up a croissant or two on my way in to the office this morning.  But I couldn't as they don't open until 08:00.  ???  The mind boggles at all the passing trade they're missing.  Even if they opened at 07:30 it would be worth their while.

At least they're not like a fishmonger near where I lived in Leyton - open M-F, 9-5.  ::-)
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

LindaG

« Reply #3148 on: 27 March, 2013, 08:24:47 am »
Went to work this morning. Because I got my rota mixed up. So now I'm at home again. And will miss the pubbe run tomorrow. Because I'm working.

Arse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #3149 on: 27 March, 2013, 08:57:58 am »
Our stupid unergonomic inadequate storage lockers are so horrid that this morning my favourite mug, which says Queen of F*cking Everything on it, jumped out and sustained a severe disability (smashing of the handle into 4 pieces). I am devastated. And so is the mug.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.