Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1625320 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #6025 on: 20 February, 2015, 09:14:26 am »
When people with the job title "Cost Transformation Analyst" start asking you to explain how your job works it's not a good sign...... :-(

Probably a lean systems bod looking at cutting out non added value activities, eleminating duplication etc. Not necessarily something to be unduly concerned about. Customer interface is usually a key area with service organisations.

I expect that sentence makes sense to someone.

You probably have to be a Cost Transformation Analyst to appreciate it.

My team has gone well beyond "Lean", more like bloody anorexic..... >:(

Eliminating duplication ?   There were 2 of the buggers!

Shakespeare got it wrong.   The first thing we do, let's kill all the bean counters....

Some Bean Counters at the BigCo were seriously looking at reducing the Vista Operations team from three to two.  To provide 24/7 cover.  What, some of you actually go on holibobs?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #6026 on: 20 February, 2015, 12:51:56 pm »
Fell over while trying to sit down today.

How come I'm so clumsy?   >:(

Take care, Ruthie!
Quote from: tiermat
that's not science, it's semantics.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #6027 on: 20 February, 2015, 04:23:56 pm »
Cuppa required by Ruthie.   :-*

My grumble.  I should be in the comfort by my own log burner near Maesycrugiau, but I'm not.
Mrs B had a dream about her dad and decided she needed to go up to Co Durham to see him.  So she phoned the other day, told me that she was driving with the dog up to Brum and that I needed to (I needed?) get on line and buy her train tickets.
So instead of being all comfy and warm, I'm freezing my bollocks off dog sitting out side the Country Girl.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6028 on: 20 February, 2015, 06:57:18 pm »
I have a headache, and every time I cough it feels as though I have been assaulted by a Faithful Companion wielding a clicky-ba.

And I sat on my reading glasses >:(

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #6029 on: 22 February, 2015, 11:38:41 pm »
Hmm, my 11 year old Vauxhall Astra has started making a mayonnaise-like emulsion in the oil tank. Looks like it's off to the garage tomorrow.  :(

I'm in Bangernomics territory with this car now, so my leisurely look through the market for a new car might  become rather more urgent.

In other grumbles - I'd love to know where my rear left pannier has gone hiding over the winter. I need it in a couple weeks
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #6030 on: 23 February, 2015, 04:58:27 pm »
I've just spent ten minutes scrabbling on the cold, wet path, picking up the garden-stored bikes, putting the cover back over them, and then the tricky part - reattaching the bungees that hold the cover down. First time they've blown over this winter, so I think the new arrangements are an improvement.

Ironically, the 'project' I'm meant to be working on now is about a wind farm.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #6031 on: 24 February, 2015, 08:42:11 am »
Yesterday I rode to work & strode into the office with my flies undone.
Today I showered, shaved & left the flat without brushing my teeth.
I need a holiday or something......
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6032 on: 24 February, 2015, 08:47:57 am »
I had a tremendous rant on the uselessness of the webby SCIENCE of a local medical practice lined up on the grid, but then the phone rang and by the end of the conversation the forum/SMF/the fondleslab slab had eaten it.

Bah!

I still can't find the opening times of their blood testing service either.  May the chupacabra do Terrible Things to their goats!

« Reply #6033 on: 24 February, 2015, 03:14:31 pm »
Someone threw my lunch in the bin :(

The only reason this isn't a rant is that the lid was still on so, once I eventually found it, I was able to rinse off the tub and still eat it.

Gits.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #6034 on: 24 February, 2015, 04:43:28 pm »
Just had eye operated on so missus is cooking my steak just now. Had a bloody awful lunch and couldn't say a word.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6035 on: 24 February, 2015, 06:23:47 pm »
I'm sure that when my anbaric distascope gets its input from the aerial it used to be happy to transmit its audio down the HDMI cable to the A/V receiver and thus, by the miracle of SCIENCE, to the squeakers.  Now it remains stubbornly silent, though sound may still be had via the distascope's poxy internal squeakers.  Video and, indeed, audio signals are happy to head the other way.  Arse.

This is making me rather cross.  I would try the optical wossname, but the only bit of fibre-optic string I own is about a foot too short.  Double arse, with a Marmite and dead dog sauce >:(

Any experts out there?

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #6036 on: 24 February, 2015, 10:40:35 pm »
Cuppa required by Ruthie.   :-*

My grumble.  I should be in the comfort by my own log burner near Maesycrugiau, but I'm not.
Mrs B had a dream about her dad and decided she needed to go up to Co Durham to see him.  So she phoned the other day, told me that she was driving with the dog up to Brum and that I needed to (I needed?) get on line and buy her train tickets.
So instead of being all comfy and warm, I'm freezing my bollocks off dog sitting out side the Country Girl.

It get worse.  Seems that I also "need" to allow #1 son to use my credit card details for a flight from BHX to Newark.  And back.  ::-)

Oh well, at least he asked.

Think I need to start looking for an evening job.  :facepalm:
The Offie?
The petrol station?
Back of Rackham's?  :o

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6037 on: 24 February, 2015, 11:21:32 pm »
Any bar staff vacancies at the Country Girl, Basil ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #6038 on: 24 February, 2015, 11:28:46 pm »
Any bar staff vacancies at the Country Girl, Basil ;D

If Basil gets an evening job, they'll be laying them off...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6039 on: 24 February, 2015, 11:49:56 pm »
Klutz would appear to have dropped house key attached to hire cycle key at sports centre tonight.
Living with a klutz ain't cheap and he thinks stopping the Boris bike key would be too hasty.
It's on MY credit card.

« Reply #6040 on: 24 February, 2015, 11:52:51 pm »
The hire bike folk do, I believe, have form for returning keys to the rightful owner.

'Course, that depends on them getting hold of the (hire bike key+house key) bundle ... I'd try the leisure centre.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6041 on: 24 February, 2015, 11:58:10 pm »
He will, eventually. Maybe I will phone them as I get up earlier and he doesn't like phones.
He seldom emerges before 11.30...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #6042 on: 25 February, 2015, 12:22:46 am »
My online cycle hire account has been suspended as I have not accessed it for a year. GGGRRRR....

ian

« Reply #6043 on: 25 February, 2015, 10:56:49 am »
I'm sure that when my anbaric distascope gets its input from the aerial it used to be happy to transmit its audio down the HDMI cable to the A/V receiver and thus, by the miracle of SCIENCE, to the squeakers.  Now it remains stubbornly silent, though sound may still be had via the distascope's poxy internal squeakers.  Video and, indeed, audio signals are happy to head the other way.  Arse.

This is making me rather cross.  I would try the optical wossname, but the only bit of fibre-optic string I own is about a foot too short.  Double arse, with a Marmite and dead dog sauce >:(

Any experts out there?

There's usually an option to found wandering lost in the submenu labyrinth for 'sound out via HDMI' or analogous terminology. My magic box has that.

On other grumbly matters, on removing the parts of the coffeebot from the dishwasher last night I noticed the pot's hollow handle had filled with trapped soapy detergent. I emptied it in the sink and rinsed. Put on the pot and went to bed.

This morning there's a huge brown stain on the hardwood worktop by the sink that smells of dishwasher detergent. Arse.

« Reply #6044 on: 25 February, 2015, 11:06:36 am »
Gah!  Radio 4 between 6 and 6:30.  How much cliche bullshit can people spout at that time of the morning. 

And whilst I'm on the subject:  Why do people try to make themselves sound more learned by beginning everything they say with, So...?

I must have banged my bonce and died on Sunday and now my consciousness lives in a parallel world of bullshit. 

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6045 on: 25 February, 2015, 11:17:18 am »
There's usually an option to found wandering lost in the submenu labyrinth for 'sound out via HDMI' or analogous terminology. My magic box has that.

The distascope is set up to use "Audio system" by default, rather than "TV speakers".  Even a full-fat reset has failed to persuade it to behave itself.  I may have to lower myself to joining Another Forum to seek Advices ???

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #6046 on: 25 February, 2015, 11:28:31 am »

And whilst I'm on the subject:  Why do people try to make themselves sound more learned by beginning everything they say with, So...?

And why do all sports people begin every answer with "Yeah, no"  or sometimes "No, yeah"?

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #6047 on: 25 February, 2015, 11:30:22 am »
So, I think it gives them time to try to work out what they are supposed to be talking about. ;D

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #6048 on: 25 February, 2015, 12:23:12 pm »
So, I think it gives them time to try to work out what they are supposed to be talking about. ;D

When I rule the world, sentences like the one above will elicit swift, severe and painful punishment.   >:(

Nothing personal, mcshroom, but it's the only sensible response.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #6049 on: 25 February, 2015, 12:31:28 pm »
;D