Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 146841 times)

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #950 on: 04 August, 2023, 08:00:20 pm »
Anyhoo, rather than wait over the weekend for DHL to do their emailing back and forth, I thought I'd pop in to the service point and explain the situation and see what they could do.

Apparently the parcel had arrived a few days before it said it had ion the DHL tracking... And was about to get sent back... ???

So goodness knows what the retailer was saying when they said they shipped it out on Wednesday the 2nd for delivery on Thursday.

Main thing is the service point gave me the packet on proof of ID and my showing my messages back and forth between myself and DHL customer service Facebook.

Even more odd a Facebook message from the DHL customer service agent saying that the service point couldn't find my parcel and that I should contact the retailer...

Bizarre situation all round...

Pedaldog.

• Heedlessly impulsive, reckless, rash.
  • The Madcap!
« Reply #951 on: 17 August, 2023, 01:06:41 am »
EVRI! :sick:
We delivered your item at 16-24 today. I was sat, 15ft away from the door, with my sister. No attempt was made, no bell or knock, and I queried it with their Chat-bot. here is evidence, they said, showing a photo' of a package, no details in sight, sitting on the passenger seat of a delivery van. it took me 2 days to get a response from a named person, that only after I stated that the complaint, and record of their emails to me, would be forwarded to their CEO. I was called, asked if I would give them 48 hours to contact their, self employed, courier. I agreed to this, reluctantly, on Thursday of last week. It is now Thursday of this week and I have had Zero Contact. I will print the conversation, the emails, the "Stock Photograph" at the end of this day. I'll email them all to the CEO, plus mail a hard copy also. I will enclose a SAE for the result to be sent to me, I'll also have a copy to Post online in as many places as I can think of, warning people Not to Use these Useless Twats! Anything I buy online will only be purchased from a seller that I confirm does NOT use EVRE/Hermes.
You touch my Coffee and I'll slap you so hard, even Google won't be able to find you!

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #952 on: 17 August, 2023, 01:11:22 am »

I'm honestly surprised anyone still uses them. They are so shit, you'd think the reputational damage would be too great.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #953 on: 17 August, 2023, 07:57:43 am »
Not defending Hermes/EVRI - BUT my experience with sending stuff by them (usually dropping off at the Tesco lockers) is that, in probably 50 transactions over a couple of years, I've only had one issue and that was a bloke that lived in a cottage on a remote farm.    I wonder if it's the packages from big online suppliers that suffer as the price they pay per package is driven down to pence, and presumably reflected in the fee the last-mile delivery person gets?

On a positive note I've been using Senditnow for parcels recently - two very simple options: 1 will it go in a hatchback car or 2 will it need a van . .  no weight measure, generous size limits and collection from your door at a very low price.  It's a Parcelforce brand.   I've sent 3 or 4 items in the last month, all without issue and delivered ahead of the target time.

« Reply #954 on: 17 August, 2023, 08:12:23 am »
In the interests of balance regarding Evri, I bought an item from Wiggle on Monday night. Selected the standard delivery option which indicated delivery on 17/08. Got a text from Evri saying delivery would be yesterday 11am to 1pm, got a second text a little later indicating a delay to between 1 - 3pm, item duly delivered at 2pm.

So it feels a bit 'Ryanair' - when it works its ok, when it doesn't its a proper balls up

A

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #955 on: 17 August, 2023, 10:58:33 am »
At least when Royal Snail showed up with my latest consignment of Drugs from Lloyds they were in a sensibly-sized box rather than a sort of cardboard Portakabin.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

rr

« Reply #956 on: 18 August, 2023, 09:46:37 am »
DPD my package from John Pye Auctions has been awaiting collection since 31st July, get your fingers out

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #957 on: 30 August, 2023, 06:22:04 pm »
DPD have lost 4 new car tyres costing £450.  Delivered to the fitters last week, apparently, but the fitters don't have them.  The "proof of delivery" photo is a real classic.

The fitters have confirmed no-one there is even allowed to wear shorts on the job.

0025_20326_211_3600_1_001_0_1 by rogerzilla, on Flickr
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #958 on: 08 September, 2023, 12:25:04 am »
I clicked a button on Amazon for a new PSU for my computer.  It seemed good value, It was Amazon Marketplace and required a postage charge. It said three days.  The next day I got  a message saying ten days.  It actually took nine.  The problem was that I have been on holiday in Devon.  As soon as I had the tracking number for FedEx I could see the package travelling across Germany.  I wanted to advise them not to deliver on Wednesday, try Friday. When clicked on delivery options it said none available. I thought perhaps I could  have some options once the parcel reached the UK.  I still had no options. 

On Tuesday the parcel is delivered and signed by me.  Really.  So I looked it up and found the delivery note.  The signature area was blank.

Thursday night I arrive home. On the floor with other mail was a card saying Sorry we missed you the parcel is behind a flower pot in the front garden.  Moderately secure, could not be seen casually. Thankfully the weather gods have been very kind this week and I got my parcel in good condition.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #959 on: 08 September, 2023, 12:33:40 am »
Was in our Cope on Tuesday evening, two members of staff going through the parcel bin and one customer looking on.

“They said it had left the depot and is here.”
“Well it isn't here. Evri do this a lot, I’m afraid.”
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #960 on: 08 September, 2023, 03:34:53 pm »
Roger, did your tyres ever roll in?

That is pretty classy, not being able to deliver to a business.

I'm grumbly because Evri can't make up their mind. Click on 'TRACK' and the page says "Out for delivery today". Click on Details, and is says "Parcel is on it's way".

Chances are 'out for delivery' means it has been handed over to the local courier's in Inverness, and it is currently in a van about to board the ferry in Ullapool.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #961 on: 09 September, 2023, 09:29:28 pm »
EVRI! :sick:
We delivered your item at 16-24 today. I was sat, 15ft away from the door, with my sister. No attempt was made, no bell or knock, and I queried it with their Chat-bot. here is evidence, they said, showing a photo' of a package, no details in sight, sitting on the passenger seat of a delivery van. it took me 2 days to get a response from a named person, that only after I stated that the complaint, and record of their emails to me, would be forwarded to their CEO. I was called, asked if I would give them 48 hours to contact their, self employed, courier. I agreed to this, reluctantly, on Thursday of last week. It is now Thursday of this week and I have had Zero Contact. I will print the conversation, the emails, the "Stock Photograph" at the end of this day. I'll email them all to the CEO, plus mail a hard copy also. I will enclose a SAE for the result to be sent to me, I'll also have a copy to Post online in as many places as I can think of, warning people Not to Use these Useless Twats! Anything I buy online will only be purchased from a seller that I confirm does NOT use EVRE/Hermes.

I think you have to be the sender to make a complaint, as the receiver is not Evri's customer.

« Reply #962 on: 08 October, 2023, 02:10:51 pm »
DPD: You are an utter shower of twunts. My heart sank when I saw you were my phone provider's courier of choice and for good reason. As I missed your first attempt, I reluctantly paid you a tenner to deliver it this morning to avoid taking a day off. Did you deliver it, did you fuck! So now a day's leave will be wasted as you offer no other alternative to home delivery. Bastards!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #963 on: 08 October, 2023, 04:54:23 pm »
DPD: You are an utter shower of twunts. My heart sank when I saw you were my phone provider's courier of choice and for good reason. As I missed your first attempt, I reluctantly paid you a tenner to deliver it this morning to avoid taking a day off. Did you deliver it, did you fuck! So now a day's leave will be wasted as you offer no other alternative to home delivery. Bastards!

Unless you're desperate just not be there and let them keep trying until they send the parcel back to the sender - but notify the sender of the situation in the meantime.

« Reply #964 on: 09 October, 2023, 07:25:21 am »
That's what happened the last time DPD let me down and it didn't really matter, but this is a work phone, so I don't have that option. No doubt the refund of my tenner won't be automatic...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #965 on: 09 October, 2023, 09:34:26 am »
I have a parcel delivery box in our front garden which is also used by the milkman.

Every time I arrive at my front door I check it because deliveries just "happen".  This was once again the case on Saturday at around tea time.  I am still to receive the email or text proclaiming the delivery.   I am wondering how long to leave it before sending an enquiry to the courier ...

More seriously, the worst service we have had is from Hermes / Evri.  On more than one occasion they have claimed to have delivered parcels which they have not.  One never showed but one did appear in the late evening a few days later.  It had been opened.

« Reply #966 on: 16 October, 2023, 12:36:09 pm »
I'm at the back of the house doing stuff. My Ring doorbell camera alerts me to a Fedex delivery
man. By the time I get to the front door he has gone, having posted a "sorry to have missed you,
we will try tomorrow" card through the letterbox.

On viewing the footage, the package in his hand is small enough to fit through my letterbox!

I still can't understand why some courier companies insist on having a picture
of a person accepting it, even when the package is small enough to fit through a letterbox.

This is clearly an inefficient delivery practice which is annoying. It's reasonable
to expect a more common-sense approach to delivering small packages that don't
require physical interaction. This is a lack of flexibility in the courier's approach,
and adds to their delivery schedule.

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #967 on: 16 October, 2023, 02:09:13 pm »
When my neighbours are out our local Evri man leaves their packages on my doorstep instead of theirs in accordance with their instructions to 'leave the package with a neighbour'.
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

« Reply #968 on: 16 October, 2023, 02:25:05 pm »
I contacted their online customer services, who gave me a fedex email address and told me
to instruct them that a photograph/signature is not required and for them to post the parcel
through the letterbox. I await the response.

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #969 on: 16 October, 2023, 05:54:01 pm »
Nevri, Argos is not shut on a Saturday (unless incident). I must ask about that when I collect the parcel - it could have affected a lot of deliveries.
Also, Nevri, don't e-mail me a picture of 'my' package when the background isn't on my property and, so far as I know, isn't even in the village.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #970 on: 16 October, 2023, 05:58:37 pm »

Yodel - parcel delivered.........
Good job I'm well known in my village found 200 yards away.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #971 on: 20 October, 2023, 11:46:20 am »
Royal Snail, your tracking sucks the lumpy vomit of syphilitic hyenas through those tubes used for the artificial insemination of bees.

Sorry, there was a problem, please try again

Not helpful.  Where’s my parcel, ye keech-flecked hoors and brabazons?

EDIT: oh look!  If you install Royal Snail's app the tracking thing miraculously works!  Shame it says the item should be delivered between 10:31 an…

[FX: Doorbell]

Bloody postie, spoiling my rant >:(
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #972 on: 28 October, 2023, 07:33:36 pm »
Partner's wine delivery is showing up as "delivered" by Yodel today. I was in at the time it was alleged to have been delivered, and it most definitely was not. No photo on the tracking, have checked the various "safe places" couriers sometimes use (electricity meter cupboards, mainly). Nothing. ???

« Reply #973 on: 08 November, 2023, 08:21:20 pm »
BIG sign on office door saying if closed please leave parcels with Newsagent three doors up, (they are also an EVRI (delivery is a f**k-up) agent).
EVRI try to deliver whilst the office is shut & take the parcel away rather than leave it with the Newsagent!
Parcel has a part for a boiler, customer is without a working boiler for another day all due to supplier not sending when they said they would & then EVRI being unable to follow simple instructions.   :(
EVRI "customer services" is a Chatbot that wants to know the colour, size & brand of the item, WHY? What does that have to do with anything?
Big A, Little a, Bouncing B.

« Reply #974 on: 10 November, 2023, 10:42:21 pm »
A few small bits and bobs ordered Tuesday for next day delivery. Evri’s tracker last updated Wednesday with a “sorry, it won’t be delivered today, we will update once it’s out for delivery” message.  Not a squeak since and no sign of the package by this morning so chase supplier.  Within minutes, Evri email me to say they hope to deliver within the next 48 hours.  So that would be 5 days, not next day, only Evri don’t seem to deliver Sunday and charge extra for a Saturday delivery so I suspect that 48 hours will be more like two working days.  Parcel was ordered so I could complete a diy job during my week off, I will be back at work by Monday. Clowns!