Author Topic: 90hrs  (Read 10155 times)

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: 90hrs
« Reply #50 on: 29 March, 2019, 07:35:50 pm »
Just reading the comments about trouble finding your bike when leaving controls, has given me a thought. The other week, on returning to my bike locked up in the city centre, someone had helpfully added brightly coloured saddle covers advertising a local restaurant to all the bikes in the rack. I didn't think anything of it and shoved it in my bag, but it weighs next to nothing and could easily go in my top tube bag. Might be a useful addition to make my bike stand out in the PBP bike parks.

Good point  :thumbsup:

If you have a Brooks saddle, these freebie covers squeeze securely up into the nose of the saddle until you need them.  I have a scruffy black one that conveniently disguises my Brooks when bike left around town.  The rest of the time, the cover's stuffed between the rails in the nose somewhere  :thumbsup:
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

simonp

« Reply #51 on: 29 March, 2019, 08:10:07 pm »
In last two PBPs I found my bike easy to find by the small crowd of locals pointing at the fixed gear drivetrain.  ;D

« Reply #52 on: 29 March, 2019, 11:27:05 pm »
In last two PBPs I found my bike easy to find by the small crowd of locals pointing at the fixed gear drivetrain.  ;D

No-one noticed mine, so I suspect it wasn't the drivetrain that caught their attention.  What on earth were you wearing??