Author Topic: The Good News Thread  (Read 1109529 times)

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
Re: The Good News Thread
« Reply #75 on: 24 April, 2008, 09:51:23 am »
I've just come back from Physio and the physiotherapist was pleased with the muscle development in my gammy arm. She used the phrase, "impressive bulk". Considering I have always had the physique of a piece of string I was quite chuffed.  :)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #76 on: 24 April, 2008, 10:11:04 am »
I have two holidays booked now!!!!

Xmas in Oz and August next year in Portugal....

YEAH!!!!!!!!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #77 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:26:16 pm »
My son doesn't like Wiggle sweets apparently they're "too chewy to eat" :D

« Reply #78 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:40:21 pm »
 i've GOT soMe vArif0cal GlaSSes 8)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #79 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:48:58 pm »
I have an appointment to have an impression taken of my ear tomorrow, in preparation for my old git device hearing aid fitting....

Maybe I'll hear my wife now when she's having a go....Oh hold on a minute, this is the GOOD news thread isn't it? :)

YAY!!!!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #80 on: 24 April, 2008, 01:53:32 pm »
The nearest showers to the locker room at work are being closed for 8 weeks.

It's good news because they're replacing the two badly sited showers with 6 new ones with proper wet room facilities. No more queuing for a shower at 8.30am.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

steveB

« Reply #81 on: 24 April, 2008, 02:19:26 pm »
i've GOT soMe vArif0cal GlaSSes 8)

They take some getting used to, I've worn them for years.  Walking down a slippery coastal path needs extra care.  And you need a double jointed neck to rewire a ceiling rose.

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #82 on: 24 April, 2008, 02:20:35 pm »
I have an appointment to have an impression taken of my ear tomorrow, in preparation for my old git device hearing aid fitting....

Maybe I'll hear my wife now when she's having a go....Oh hold on a minute, this is the GOOD news thread isn't it? :)

YAY!!!!

<spin> The good news is that it will have an 'Off' switch

GillP

« Reply #83 on: 24 April, 2008, 09:26:39 pm »
I'm in Wales for the weekend and I have Internet access.  :D

For anyone thinking about 3 mobile broadband .... don't do it  >:(

« Reply #84 on: 26 April, 2008, 09:13:10 am »
I've been in a team doing an EESW (http://www.eesw.org.uk/) project over the past 6 months or so. Last Friday we went to Llandudno to present our project - we won an award for the best use of mechanical engineering :). We're all really pleased - should hopefully help us loads with uni applications etc.

If anyone's interested, we built this anenometer in conjunction with e.on - all machined, from scratch, from billet aluminium :).

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #85 on: 01 May, 2008, 09:57:53 pm »
An Argentinian educational magazine has used a photo of mine and sent me a copy.

et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #86 on: 01 May, 2008, 10:20:25 pm »
If anyone's interested, we built this anenometer in conjunction with e.on - all machined, from scratch, from billet aluminium :).

I hope that you spelt it anemometer.  ;)

Unless you didn't want to be recognised in which case it would be an anonemometer.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #87 on: 02 May, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
Part 1: I have finally terminated my relationship with my old company. It is far too complex to go into here but take it from me, this is good news. I can now concentrate on my new role as Project Manager for a big software development. Off to a meeting this morning to really get started.  :thumbsup:

Part 2: This is our last weekend in Wales. Monday will see us both permanently resident in Lancashire. Mixed feelings but on balance I think it qualifies as good news.  :-\

Elleigh

« Reply #88 on: 03 May, 2008, 07:46:52 am »
Part 1: I have finally terminated my relationship with my old company. It is far too complex to go into here but take it from me, this is good news. I can now concentrate on my new role as Project Manager for a big software development. Off to a meeting this morning to really get started.  :thumbsup:

Part 2: This is our last weekend in Wales. Monday will see us both permanently resident in Lancashire. Mixed feelings but on balance I think it qualifies as good news.  :-\

Good luck :)

annie

« Reply #89 on: 03 May, 2008, 07:53:48 am »

Excellent news :)

GillP

« Reply #90 on: 03 May, 2008, 09:26:42 am »

Thanks for your good wishes Elleigh and Annie. It is excellent news and I won't have to live on my own during the week any more, four weeks is too long.

Getting our furniture in will hopefully make the flat feel like home but I fear it is going to be a quart into a pint pot!  :o

« Reply #91 on: 03 May, 2008, 11:28:30 pm »
Good luck tkps!

My good news is that I was on skates today for the first time - such fun! (Thanks again BentMikey for the great lesson!).

Elleigh

« Reply #92 on: 04 May, 2008, 07:58:26 am »
I received a koloa bear in the post.... it was just like the koloa bear that was my favourite toy as a kid.  I also went on a very 'interesting' date last night!

Jezza

« Reply #93 on: 04 May, 2008, 09:01:57 am »
I'm home.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #94 on: 04 May, 2008, 06:32:10 pm »
Peli is back did 50miles today and she did very well :)

Ok not as fit as last year but well fit, I'm not looking forward to the summer as it will be hard work keeping up with her since she have found her cycling legs again :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Elleigh

« Reply #95 on: 04 May, 2008, 08:38:06 pm »

Ok not as fit as last year but well fit, I'm not looking forward to the summer as it will be hard work keeping up with her since she have found her cycling legs again :)

:D :D Go Peli  :D :D

« Reply #96 on: 04 May, 2008, 08:41:18 pm »

Now that IS good news.   ;D

toekneep

• Its got my name on it.
    • Blog
« Reply #97 on: 05 May, 2008, 05:54:30 am »
Thanks Elleigh, Annie and Peli and congrats to Peli on getting the cycling legs back. We are all waiting for more on that 'date' Elleigh.  ;)

This is TKP saying farewell from Wales and looking forward to checking back in from Lancashire soon. Have a nice BHM everybody.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #98 on: 05 May, 2008, 06:51:02 am »

That is good news. As they say, form is temporary, class is permanent. :thumbsup:
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #99 on: 05 May, 2008, 09:44:58 am »
I've bought a new Tandem. :D
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.