Author Topic: Bunbury World  (Read 1711 times)

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
Re: Bunbury World
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2018, 06:08:57 pm »
So the roads really ARE paved with cheese!?
Pieter

Graeme

• Priest, Preacher and Prophet
  • @FatherHilarious
    • BalancingOnTwoWheels
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2018, 09:47:08 pm »
The landing itself was fast and hard, into a thunderstorm.  I'm beginning to think I might be the reincarnation of Thor given how the thunder is following me round the world - does that work in Viking theology? 

I'm now taking a day in Miami while my bike gets a new BB and trued wheels in a local shop.  The shop was my second call off the plane yesterday, after a diner where I found that saying "Hello I've  got a really plummy English accent and I'm cycling round the world" is a good way of getting free food.  When I've did get to the shop I ran into a local club meeting where I became the impromptu guest speaker and got invited to someone's home for two nights.  No cycling so far, but pretty good so the same.

Gosh that was a hard landing then.
37. Because travel is the finest educational system of all; and cycling the cheapest, easiest, and most educational means of travel - Kuklos' 39 Articles

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2018, 03:10:21 pm »
The landing itself was fast and hard, into a thunderstorm.  I'm beginning to think I might be the reincarnation of Thor given how the thunder is following me round the world - does that work in Viking theology? 

Not AFAIK but it does in H2G2.

You are Rob McKenna AICMFP...
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 07:49:39 pm »
Glad you're ok after the everglade escapade!   :o
"an inordinate fondness for beetles"

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - a Pacific bike ride
« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 09:39:09 pm »
Aah, you mean the alligator incident

I'm chalking it up next to Deano's tiger episode, with the difference that this one was totally avoidable and involved lots of silliness and general bunburying.