Author Topic: Holiday insurance for family ski trip  (Read 813 times)

Holiday insurance for family ski trip
« on: 10 September, 2018, 03:07:46 pm »
Who do you use for insuring a ski trip. Two adults and a 6 year old. Downhill, x country and other winter activities.

Re: Holiday insurance for family ski trip
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2018, 05:48:38 pm »
Travel insurance from my bank account (Lloyds Premier) includes winter sports (up to 60 days per year, and includes children).

Haven't bought an independent travel insurance policy for years. I used to use Columbus Direct though, but I was single then so not sure about family cover.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #2 on: 11 September, 2018, 02:27:59 pm »
The cheapest, once I've ticked the winter sports button. Read the small print, check it covers injuries, emergency transport including helicopter and extended stays in hospital.

Some might cover hotel stays for dependants as well. My mother in law had one hell of a fight when my SiS broke her leg some years ago to recoup the hotel and lost flight because she stayed to hold her hand. I'm not sure if they cover this or not but it's a question worth asking.

Don't ski off-piste. If you do ski off-piste don't hurt yourself because I've not found an insurer that covers this and I'm not good enough at skiing to ski off-piste without hurting myself.

Caveat, we don't have children so do approximately half of the above things to check.
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #3 on: 20 September, 2018, 11:46:37 am »
[quote author=trekker12 link=topic=109486.msg2323143#msg2323143 date=1536672479

Don't ski off-piste. If you do ski off-piste don't hurt yourself because I've not found an insurer that covers this and I'm not good enough at skiing to ski off-piste without hurting myself
[/quote]

Lots of insurers cover off-piste, though it does cost a bit more than piste only cover. For cheap cover of almost all mountain activities joining the Austrian Alpine Club is pretty good value.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances