Author Topic: Not enough beers and ciders... ? Scam  (Read 1384 times)

Not enough beers and ciders... ? Scam
« on: 10 October, 2018, 06:29:26 pm »
Just been in Witherspoon’s who have a beer festival.. it is a small pub

Couple came in and ordered a beer and a cider

Lass behind bar explains that not all the beers are available

Couple go ballistic and demand to see manager ... apparently they really thought that every pub had all the beers and ciders

Then came what I felt to be a scam.. they were demanding pints of the beer the pub did have as compensation for their disappointment and the attitude of the staff

nicknack

• Hornblower
Re: Not enough beers and ciders... ? Scam
« Reply #1 on: 10 October, 2018, 06:37:52 pm »
Were they told to fuck right off?
There's no vibrations, but wait.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #2 on: 10 October, 2018, 07:22:37 pm »
A Performance Art version of the chain's owners politics per chance?
Would have worked better if they'd ordered cake and complained when the plate was empty...

« Reply #3 on: 10 October, 2018, 08:56:25 pm »
Were they told to fuck right off?

Very politely ... but firmly

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #4 on: 11 October, 2018, 09:09:11 am »
My 'local' (Malt Shovel Tavern, Northampton - 8 mile walk!) has had 40 or so on, but a lot of those were on a rack in the bar. Wetherspoons wouldn't have room - and the customers would indulge in 'self-service'.
I was in The Cordwainer on Tuesday - he day before the festival started - and my CAMRA voucher was refused. Apparently there's a 10p/pint reduction for the festival and it had been put on the systems a day early (the manager didn't know why - he'd found out that morning). Due to this the till would apply only 40p discount, so waiting until yesterday might have restored the full amount - he wasn't sure!
I might see what's in - MK has a good selection - but he Shovel has several good 'uns atm and the quality is excellent (W in MK is pretty good, actuallY).
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #5 on: 11 October, 2018, 05:44:09 pm »
One day I'm going to go into a Spoons and ask for a massive plate of gammon.  If I'm lucky, I'll get Tim Martin's head.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #6 on: 11 October, 2018, 08:17:44 pm »
Ah witherspoons, where else can you continue drinking from 6 in the morning and be in company.

Martin has been ranting about brexit, changing from beer getting cheaper...then claiming to change to british breweries supplying beer.

I frequent witherspoons to steal electricity, wireless and the bottomless coffees.  Best bit is it is italian coffee from a german machine....

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #7 on: 12 October, 2018, 01:10:53 pm »
Ah witherspoons, where else can you continue drinking from 6 in the morning and be in company.

According to a Scottish Paul, with whom I was incarcerated in the Gulag, Glasgow.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime