Author Topic: Drum & Bass On The Bike  (Read 1705 times)

Drum & Bass On The Bike
« on: 17 June, 2021, 07:23:37 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoULsBN9xH4

Is this now a thing?  No idea what's going on but it looks as though everyone is having a lot of fun.
They laughed when I said I was going to be a stand-up comedian. They're not laughing now.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Drum & Bass On The Bike
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2021, 03:43:03 pm »
Depends what you mean by "this" but generally I think yes. I've no idea who long that DJ has been velodeejaying, or how many others do bike-based music podcasts and youtubes and the like, but the beat-box equipped Deliveroo-ist is a common sound and way back before recording there was Daisy. Rides en masse must go back a long way too and I'm sure music has been a feature of Critical Mass since their beginning. I'm not aware of any cycling bands (playing instruments while riding) but I'll be eating my cycling cap if there hasn't been at least one.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #2 on: 18 June, 2021, 06:11:54 pm »
Depends what you mean by "this" but generally I think yes. I've no idea who long that DJ has been velodeejaying, or how many others do bike-based music podcasts and youtubes and the like, but the beat-box equipped Deliveroo-ist is a common sound and way back before recording there was Daisy. Rides en masse must go back a long way too and I'm sure music has been a feature of Critical Mass since their beginning. I'm not aware of any cycling bands (playing instruments while riding) but I'll be eating my cycling cap if there hasn't been at least one.

Your cycle cap (and digestive system) is safe!

:-D :-D :-D

Daz (Former marching band member and instructor!)
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #3 on: 18 June, 2021, 06:32:26 pm »
 :thumbsup:

(I'm sure my digestive system has coped with far worse!)
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #4 on: 19 June, 2021, 07:31:47 pm »
I'm not aware of any cycling bands (playing instruments while riding) but I'll be eating my cycling cap if there hasn't been at least one.
I've followed a chap playing a upright piano whilst cycling. It wasn't the best at going up any gradient shall we say.
The Tile Collector

« Reply #5 on: 21 June, 2021, 10:56:34 pm »
Paging Beatrix, Sam and Beatrix to the acoustic booth wall phone, please.

Actually, there must be some footage of Beatrix in action, anyone?