Author Topic: 2007 PBP jersey up for grabs  (Read 2065 times)

2007 PBP jersey up for grabs
« on: 21 July, 2011, 04:00:56 pm »
Hi all,

I abandoned PBP in 2007, but got the rather nice jersey as part of the entry package.
I've never worn it. I just don't feel comfortable about wearing something that I feel I don't deserve.

I had planned to ride this year, but work pressures put an end to that ambition. Had I ridden it sucessfully, I'd be less uncomfortable about wearing the 2007 jersey I guess.

Anyway. It's sitting in its packaging in the cupboard.
If any of the 2007 ancien who are riding this year would like it, let me know and I'll send it to you.
Size is a typical UK medium.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
Re: 2007 PBP jersey up for grabs
« Reply #1 on: 21 July, 2011, 04:44:04 pm »
Have seen a few people riding to work this week wearing the hooped rainbow world champion jersey, but i'm sure none was the real Thor (as he's riding in TDF), but I understand why you don't feel comfortable wearing it. Personally, I don't wear mine much as I don't wish to be reminded of the awful weather, and not finishing that ride.
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2011, 05:13:09 pm »
They have a handy little zip pocket for car keys.
Events I am running: 5th September 2021, the unseasonal Wellesden Reliability; HOPEFULLY Early April 2022, 3 Down London - New Forest 300K Audax;

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 42 up
« Reply #3 on: 24 July, 2011, 09:16:23 pm »
I still have not worn my 2007 Jersey ( I did finish on Trike); may be because it is not full zip; may be because I do not want to spoil it in a slip; may be because I have plenty of other jerseys (local Club?) that deserve to be worn out first.  Strange, now I check my drawer/wardrobe several PBP jerseys and continental Sportif jerseys (only worn for event), remind me of rides gone by.

Now the 2011 series, AUK and PBP are full zip (about time), so I may even wear these. Just hope I qualify to wear them.
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100.