Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526407 times)

Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2575 on: 05 July, 2017, 04:48:55 pm »
650B wheels are with DPD and should be with me tomorrow......woohooo. I had decided that I will do LEL on the 700C but considering that the replacement rim is still outstanding I suspect I should get Cosy with the 650B. Now the question is Tubeless or not....lets see how these WTB tyres go and if there is even room for Guards around the 47mm of tan wall goodness.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2576 on: 06 July, 2017, 08:22:32 am »
Discussed with a few last night, I am planning to do a test ride (too early for a helpers' ride) of my Essex R&R 215km route for August this coming Saturday.
The route here
I have purchased my virtual brevet and will enter the DIY by GPS later.  If anyone in addition to Grey Sheep and BFC would like to join me the plan is to start at the Labour Hall in Witham at 8am and trundle round on an 11 hour-ish schedule, possibly visiting Wibblers brewery in Southminster for a late morning refreshment.  Lunch is traditionally taken in Maldon on this ride but we'll see how we go.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2577 on: 06 July, 2017, 08:24:33 am »
650B wheels are with DPD and should be with me tomorrow......woohooo. I had decided that I will do LEL on the 700C but considering that the replacement rim is still outstanding I suspect I should get Cosy with the 650B. Now the question is Tubeless or not....lets see how these WTB tyres go and if there is even room for Guards around the 47mm of tan wall goodness.

Interesting!  I'd like to see this set up and some point.

« Reply #2578 on: 07 July, 2017, 10:58:14 am »

Must find the boxes with tools and spares. Might ride this for Hereward if the weather looks half decent.

« Reply #2579 on: 07 July, 2017, 11:22:04 am »
Looks very good Tippers. I'm sure that'll be a joy to ride.

Difficult to tell in the photo, but is the black valve cap missing on the front wheel ...

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2580 on: 07 July, 2017, 12:16:13 pm »

Difficult to tell in the photo, but is the black valve cap missing on the front wheel ...

Mate, get yourself to Specsavers if you think that's all that's missing   ;D

« Reply #2581 on: 07 July, 2017, 12:29:02 pm »

You are correct....I was holding that for the picture to decide if I was going with or without.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2582 on: 07 July, 2017, 12:43:58 pm »

You are correct....I was holding that for the picture to decide if I was going with or without.

Standards are clearly slipping in the ACME peloton. huggy is still riding round with untrained and uncapped mudguard stays.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2583 on: 07 July, 2017, 01:03:51 pm »

Standards are clearly slipping in the ACME peloton. huggy is still riding round with untrained and uncapped mudguard stays.
Only on the front, the back is now regulation.

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #2584 on: 07 July, 2017, 01:06:21 pm »

Must find the boxes with tools and spares. Might ride this for Hereward if the weather looks half decent.

Chain's a bit...
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2585 on: 07 July, 2017, 01:25:04 pm »
Chain's a bit...
...lightweight and aero pedals...

« Reply #2586 on: 11 July, 2017, 04:57:02 pm »
I had a short ride on the Croix last night with the WTB Horizons on it to 'brake' in the new pads and rotors. Luckily there is a perfect little hill right by the house for this kind of activity now (which you will all see when I invite you around after our Garden is sorted in August). I had put the sealant in but not done much spinning to get it distributed so there was  a bit of leakage which I did not take care of before riding. The tryes felt a little sluggish but not too bad once moving and they handled pretty well. I checked the pressure when I got home with the digital gauge and they were running at about 21 PSI front and 23 PSI rear  :o

Can't wait to have them out at the 40 - 50 I plan to run them at, I might well take the bike in tomorrow and ride them for the MEMWNS ride although it will be weather dependant. Fenders are currently en-route to be fitted hopefully before the weekend so I don't have to hide my bike from Tomsk before the start of Hereward  ;D

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2587 on: 11 July, 2017, 06:22:53 pm »
I set off on tour with 60 psi in the front which was 40 psi when I got home... the cobbles got more pleasant as I progressed through the days :D  I've not checked the rear pressure yet... but iirc that was 70psi at the start.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2588 on: 12 July, 2017, 08:54:56 am »
Feckin rain....I was looking at the bike this morning wondering if it was really raining or not...glad I opted for the fixed with guards though.

« Reply #2589 on: 20 July, 2017, 05:37:49 pm »
I'm now in the market for an ACME jersey, probably medium, are there any left?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2590 on: 20 July, 2017, 10:28:20 pm »
I'm now in the market for an ACME jersey, probably medium, are there any left?

Get in touch with Tomsk, he is Keeper of the Jerseys.

« Reply #2591 on: 27 July, 2017, 09:45:03 am »
My monthly ride  :'( took me to the Monkey again last night - just like four weeks ago.  I was late in arriving and found Tomsk, Jiber, the Pharaoh, Captain Jack, the Hustler and Sub-Lieutenant Leslie Philips off of the Navy Lark all sitting there enjoying Captain Bob by Mighty Oak (the Quaffers' Choice).

There is a limited selection at the Monkey so Leslie soon moved onto his favoured alcopops, opening with an interesting Kiwi flavoured cider. The rest of us stuck with the good Captain Bob.

Our intrepid duo; Tomsk and Jiber both looked in fine fettle for their little adventure next week - Scotland somewhere I think.  Jiber looked annoyingly trim as he smugly purchased a smaller size of ACME jersey and fitted into it better than I do  :o  Meanwhile Leslie regaled us with his latest recipe ideas.  Apparently he has agreed to produce a picnic next week for some folks on a cycling excursion, as he put it himself "I say, what jolly fun".

The discourse moved from Jiber's new bivvy bag to the state of his arse and his favoured form of treatments for said posterior.  Fortunately it was some time since we had eaten. On hearing that Jiber had lost his latest tube of ointment somewhere in his bed, Leslie was heard to mutter "ding dong".

There was just enough time for Leslie to squeeze in a Ginger Beer before we saddled up and headed off into the, surprisingly chilly and windy, night.  How long ago the balmy light nights of June seem.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2592 on: 27 July, 2017, 09:55:23 am »

Chin Chin chaps!!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2593 on: 27 July, 2017, 10:07:58 am »
 :thumbsup:  ;D
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2594 on: 27 July, 2017, 12:20:37 pm »
Wibblers Brewery - Be a Brewer for the Day
This has been mentioned in passing and was again last night.  I have spoken to the nice people at Wibblers and they will do an event for us if we have a suitable sized group, on Saturday 18th November. The group size needs to be 4 to 8.

The cost is £100 out of which you get:
Quote from: Wibblers
Participants get fully hands-on with brewing a beer throughout the day.
All in all a truly great gift idea for the beer enthusiast or loved one in your life.
The full days programme will involve hot liquor treatment, mashing in, hop additions and
much more behind the scenes testing and yeast viability checking.

Lunch will be provided, along with ales from the Taproom bar.

There will also be a 17 pint mini pin of the beer you made available for collection one week after your experience day, collection can be arranged for weekends.

Unlike other many other Brewery Experiences you can have an input into the beer you brew!
The brewery is close to Southminster train station so there are possibilities of cycle/train transport.

So, who's up for it?
Would like to get at least 4 people committing in the next week so I can confirm the booking.

Attendees:
huggy
OD
jibers
psyclist
Oaky

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2595 on: 27 July, 2017, 01:29:26 pm »
Yes.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2596 on: 27 July, 2017, 02:14:23 pm »
Yes  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2597 on: 27 July, 2017, 02:18:03 pm »
Yes  :)

Does anybody have a bike trailer ... could be used the following week for collection/delivery duties.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2598 on: 27 July, 2017, 02:19:46 pm »
Does anybody have a bike trailer ... could be used the following week for collection/delivery duties.
I can go over in the ACME Team Van(c) and collect our brewed master pieces  :thumbsup:
However, Tomsk has a bike trailer  :D

« Reply #2599 on: 27 July, 2017, 02:37:01 pm »
I can go over in the ACME Team Van(c) and collect our brewed master pieces  :thumbsup:
However, Tomsk has a bike trailer  :D

Cool. I have a 200km route that goes via Southminster, so I had a crazy idea that I could pickup and deliver to folks on the way back. In the cold light of day that idea might not get very far ... not sure if it might shake the beer up a bit!