Author Topic: Anyone making custom bike luggage?  (Read 1413 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Anyone making custom bike luggage?
« on: 10 October, 2021, 05:48:11 pm »
Basically, I'd like an existing front bag (nylon, blue, quite old) copied in black cotton duck.  Does anyone do such things?
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
Re: Anyone making custom bike luggage?
« Reply #1 on: 10 October, 2021, 06:06:28 pm »
Restrap do various custom options, it might be worth asking them?  Otherwise, have a look around Etsy, there are dozens of people on there making their own small-time bike bags who would probably run you something up.

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #2 on: 10 October, 2021, 06:25:11 pm »
This guy might fit the bill https://www.mackworkshop.com/ and instagram link https://www.instagram.com/mackworkshop/. He rode the 100km I organised a couple of years back and left a bunch of business cards. I do know someone who had a bag made by him which he was pleased with.

« Reply #3 on: 10 October, 2021, 06:54:05 pm »
Alpkit can do custom bags.

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #4 on: 10 October, 2021, 07:11:07 pm »
Jean Michel over in The Netherlands does. Don't own any of his stuff, but am tempted after seeing the rando bag he made for forum member Slugbait.

« Reply #5 on: 10 October, 2021, 08:58:16 pm »
Wizard Works?

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #6 on: 11 October, 2021, 07:10:21 pm »
Thanks all.  Jon at Mackworkshop is going to fo me a copy in Carradice material.  The existing bag was made by the old chap who sold me the front rack.  He must be a genius (unless "homemade" means his wife was the genius).  It has a pocket in the base to slip over the rack so it only needs two discreet straps at the rear.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #7 on: 11 October, 2021, 11:09:13 pm »
Thanks all.  Jon at Mackworkshop is going to fo me a copy in Carradice material.  The existing bag was made by the old chap who sold me the front rack.  He must be a genius (unless "homemade" means his wife was the genius).  It has a pocket in the base to slip over the rack so it only needs two discreet straps at the rear.

Do report back. I liked his website

Mike

« Reply #8 on: 14 October, 2021, 02:06:03 pm »

C. Brenn Cyclotouring Bags (@cbrennbags) only on Instagram as far as I know? Made an amazing ventile jacket for me, for less than off the peg offerings.

Not cheap, but his stuff is tailored to your needs and sizing. He may make some bags more cheaply if from stock patterns?

« Reply #9 on: 14 October, 2021, 09:43:36 pm »
Have a look at Ridgeway Works. Great kit (I have the Barbury bar bag) and he's a friend. And he's local to you.

https://www.ridgewayworks.com/

« Reply #10 on: 14 October, 2021, 09:44:44 pm »
Ah, just saw that he's closed at the moment. You should be able to find some examples of his stuff on Facebook.