Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 437179 times)

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #4350 on: 17 April, 2024, 10:21:52 am »
I'd say the drunken other guest is by far the greatest threat. The minimum wage employee might pilfer some cash, the secret agent might clone your passport, but you'll come back to find the drunk asleep in your bed having thrown up all over the bathroom floor.

Sounds like the voice of experience...
He was the drunken other guest.  :demon:

I have been that drunken other guest, in Indonesia, arriving back from offshore via Block M (look it up) to be given a room key only to find it already occupied (room, not key). Much confusion ensued, reception consulted, new key obtained.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #4351 on: Yesterday at 07:37:28 am »
Fortunately, it seems I may not need to resort to destruction: checking back through thousands of cat photos on my phone, I realised that I had the sense to take a photo of the key when I first got it, so a replacement is now on order from Kryptonite.

On second thoughts, I'm not confident of getting this any time soon: looking back at my Kryptonite account, I can see that I ordered a spare for my New York lock, having lost one (but, crucially, not all!), in February 2023. It's been so long that I'd forgotten I'd even ordered it; needless to say, no key has arrived. :-\

If similar wait times are to be expected, I might need that angle grinder after all...

EDIT: Looking through their Facebook page, reports of their customer service are...not good. Think I may have to write off the $20 I've paid for replacement keys and go and spend £25 on an angle grinder from Lidl! The combined cost will be more than I paid for the bike in the first place. :(

« Reply #4352 on: Yesterday at 03:15:03 pm »
Fortunately, it seems I may not need to resort to destruction: checking back through thousands of cat photos on my phone, I realised that I had the sense to take a photo of the key when I first got it, so a replacement is now on order from Kryptonite.

On second thoughts, I'm not confident of getting this any time soon: looking back at my Kryptonite account, I can see that I ordered a spare for my New York lock, having lost one (but, crucially, not all!), in February 2023. It's been so long that I'd forgotten I'd even ordered it; needless to say, no key has arrived. :-\

If similar wait times are to be expected, I might need that angle grinder after all...

EDIT: Looking through their Facebook page, reports of their customer service are...not good. Think I may have to write off the $20 I've paid for replacement keys and go and spend £25 on an angle grinder from Lidl! The combined cost will be more than I paid for the bike in the first place. :(

I don't own an angle grinder, but you could borrow one from the Edinburgh Tool Library. Not cost-effective unless you're already a member, though, if you can buy a new one from Lidl for £25 - I think annual membership is £30.

« Reply #4353 on: Yesterday at 03:51:27 pm »
Watch a few Lockpicking Lawyer videos & buy some picks ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark