Online quizzes / Re: Squaredle
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 01:52:16 pm »
I played https://squaredle.com 04/30:
*28/28 words (+3 bonus words)
🎯 In the top 8% by accuracy
🔥 Solve streak: 33
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by Lightning Phil on Today at 01:51:30 pm »
Morbihan seems to be doing strange things - maybe a navigation issue?

My guess is they dropped something... And went back to get it...

J

Seems the case, maybe something left at a hotel or sleep stop? Back on track now anyway.
OT Gallery / Re: Sunrises and Sunsets
« Last post by Salvatore on Today at 01:49:59 pm »
The Pub / Re: Is This The End Of Retail?
« Last post by MikeFromLFE on Today at 01:49:42 pm »
Getr were pioneers in the use of electric mopeds for delivery. I think they used 'dark stores' to source their delivery items rather than physical shops. We tried to use them a couple of times towards the end of lockdown but they had supply issues even then.
Won't be missed.

Probably better, because banana skins should not be discarded to decompose in the wild even though many cyclists do, but apple cores are essentially native and no problems returning to the soil.

I agree, after finishing long and hard rides I've sometimes thought to myself that some of the other cyclists in the room look as though they have started to decompose ...

You should speak to organisers at the finish.  We see the complete spectrum of rider states at the finish.  Some who at first glance look okay, if tired, need help with basic stuff.  Not all dictated by arrival time. Some arrive full value in pretty good shape, and go get a pint first, cool as a cat, some arrive somewhat earlier but wasted and needing a few moments before interacting. The fun part it matching up how I usually feel and must look at the end of events I ride to what I see in front of me.
We can only dream ACP issues a similar memo about minimum distance / route integrity. Though AUK would find a way to ignore it.

notwithstanding that volunteers should not be required to operate controls for extra time to facilitate this

Providing facilities / card stamping at controls for the full duration has always been optional AFAIK, as long as there's some other PoP method available.

for the full duration of the event, or the full duration of the control window?

We can only dream ACP issues a similar memo about minimum distance / route integrity. Though AUK would find a way to ignore it.

Unfortunately there are too many AUK riders who think the official routes are "boring" and will push back against mandatory routing so that they can ride on dual carriageways instead of the specified route. forcing the rest of us to ride over distance.
The Pub / Re: Is This The End Of Retail?
« Last post by Jaded on Today at 01:12:00 pm »
Neverheardofit.
The Pub / Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 01:10:50 pm »
Did a night shift last night so hoped to sleep till mid afternoon. Woken by a courier who had left by time I realised what was going on and got up

My house number and neighbours are sequential so 1,2,3,4,5..... rather then odds and even. Said parcel was with neighbour one side of me so all excited about my delayed birthday present went and knocked. No parcel for me. Its for the neighbour other side of me the yodel numpty had knocked and carded wrong door
Freewheeling / Re: Forumite spotting
« Last post by mr ben on Today at 01:01:01 pm »
Watched the start of that (to spot them)...is it as terrifying as it looks?  And what is the knob thing that the rider pulls after starting?
OT Knowledge / Re: Underfloor heating pros / cons
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 01:00:10 pm »
The future for pianos is carbon fibre.
D’s Kawai is part carbon fibre & part wood.
Piano keys stick less now humidity has been reduced, on the tuner’s advice.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10