Author Topic: new fixie rider  (Read 5638 times)

Re: new fixie rider
« Reply #25 on: 19 February, 2015, 11:54:36 am »
Moved up to 16T yesterday. Haven't ridden fixed since xmas but a) I'm feeling stronger than pre xmas and b) last few rides were feeling decidely spinny and c) I hope pushing a bigger gear will help me get strong for Flanders!

Really looking forward to trying it out!
Steve

« Reply #26 on: 28 May, 2015, 10:28:39 pm »
I'm considering buying a 2015 Genesis Flyer.  I would use it to get to work (20k-ish each way, a bit hilly, but nothing too desperate) and maybe some easier audaxes.  I don't think my knees are up to heroics without gears.  The blurb states that it has mounts for rack and guards, it's about 9.5kg, looks the right sort of shape, 46/18 teeth.  All seems suitable.  The saddle and pedals might not suit, but I guess that's the same for all bikes.  Is there something I am missing, or is this a perfectly sensible bike for the purposes stated?

« Reply #27 on: 29 May, 2015, 05:44:01 pm »
Didn't realise the 2015 had rack mounts - that's the one thing missing on my 2014 model. Very happy with mine and it's a perfectly sensible bike. :)

« Reply #28 on: 15 June, 2015, 09:54:02 pm »
I'm considering buying a 2015 Genesis Flyer.  I would use it to get to work (20k-ish each way, a bit hilly, but nothing too desperate) and maybe some easier audaxes.  I don't think my knees are up to heroics without gears.  The blurb states that it has mounts for rack and guards, it's about 9.5kg, looks the right sort of shape, 46/18 teeth.  All seems suitable.  The saddle and pedals might not suit, but I guess that's the same for all bikes.  Is there something I am missing, or is this a perfectly sensible bike for the purposes stated?

I have a Flier, its my commuter and winter bike, its a lovely bit of kit, I'm very pleased with it. If you are going to fit mudguards to it beware its tight under the brake bridge on the rear, you may have to come down to 25 tyres, also if you are fitting a carrier pick the carrier with care, its possible to end up with one that stands a bit tall and you may have to bend fittings to make it fit.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/i-love-it-when.175780/

« Reply #29 on: 28 June, 2015, 09:37:09 pm »
Bugger, bugger, bugger.  I like riding this Flyer so much, I am tempted to take it on the French ride.