Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 2960024 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: The RANT thread...
« Reply #75 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:25:12 am »
Scriptwriters of the National Geographic channel: if hydro-electric power stations really "convert water into electricity", why in the name of Einstein do we bother with this oil stuff?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

richie

• Just sleeping...
« Reply #76 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:25:55 am »
Stay-at-home wives.  What the hell do you do exactly whilst i'm at work web-surfingslaving away.  Having your hair done/round your mates/picking kids up from school still leaves you with several hours to fill.  So why can't you tidy-up  just a bit so i don't have to spend 90 minutes every evening after a 12 hour shift clearing a f_cking bomb-site.

And no, you can't have a frickin' cat.......

Oh, - ;)  just in case the missus reads it.
Sheep we're off again.

ian

« Reply #77 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:26:44 am »
Cat owners: When somebody complains about your cat s***ing in their garden, do not tell them that the best way to avoid this is to get a cat of their own. If they wanted a cat crapping everywhere then they wouldn't be complaining, would they?  ::-)

To be fair, it's difficult to reason with a cat. Believe me, I've tried to get ours to use next door's garden.

« Reply #78 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:42:20 am »
Stay-at-home wives.  What the hell do you do exactly whilst i'm at work

They meet me for lunch and nookie  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #79 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:53:38 am »
George W. Bush!  It's pronounced "nuclear", not "nucular".
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

annie

« Reply #80 on: 20 June, 2008, 11:59:17 am »
Stay-at-home wives.  What the hell do you do exactly whilst i'm at work web-surfingslaving away.  Having your hair done/round your mates/picking kids up from school still leaves you with several hours to fill.  So why can't you tidy-up  just a bit so i don't have to spend 90 minutes every evening after a 12 hour shift clearing a f_cking bomb-site.

And no, you can't have a frickin' cat.......

Oh, - ;)  just in case the missus reads it.

They, cook, hoover, wash, iron, tidy up (or not), pay the milkman (hopefully with money), post the mail, clean out the fridge and the oven, do more washing, grab a quick coffee between cleaning the loo or in some cases 3 loos, walk the dogs, garden, nip to the loo, answer the door and phone more times than is necessary, feed the kids, fill in forms for school trips, look for your missing socks, make the beds, strip the beds, wash and iron again, shop for food, organise birthday cards and presents for all the relatives and friends as men don't do that sort of thing, wash the floor, change the fuses in the plugs, tile the bathroom, grout the floor in the conservatory, write more letters.................. shall I carry on? ;)  Oh and meet Bobb for lunch and nookie :-*

Elleigh

« Reply #81 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:02:10 pm »
  Oh and meet Bobb for lunch and nookie :-*

Lucky you.  The closest I have come to that recently is eating cookies.

rogerzilla

« Reply #82 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:07:54 pm »
Bobb!  Elleigh!  Get a room!

annie

« Reply #83 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:09:24 pm »

Me too I am afraid, cookies and milk only.

richie

• Just sleeping...
« Reply #84 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:16:52 pm »
, look for your missing socks, make the beds

Tesco 5-pack 'easy-pair' socks.  Would it not be an even better idea to make all 10 socks exactly the same as each other.  Then after a few weeks i wouldn't be in the daft position of having 5 individual socks each with a seperate pattern.

Stupid Twunts.
Sheep we're off again.

« Reply #85 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:20:18 pm »
I shall be in The Albert in exactly 40 minutes for any house wives who are interested  :P
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #86 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:23:49 pm »

Tesco 5-pack 'easy-pair' socks.  Would it not be an even better idea to make all 10 socks exactly the same as each other.  Then after a few weeks i wouldn't be in the daft position of having 5 individual socks each with a seperate pattern.

Quite often, after discovering that I have been wearing odd socks all day, I discover another pair just like them at home.

The old Legion hand told the recruit, "When things are bad, bleu, try not to make them worse, because it is very likely that they are bad enough already." -- Robert Ruark

« Reply #87 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:29:20 pm »

Me too I am afraid, cookies and milk only.

English speakers: Please remember that the flat baked snack food often called a 'cookie' is in fact called a biscuit!  >:(

;)
Life is too important to be taken seriously.

Elleigh

« Reply #88 on: 20 June, 2008, 12:38:17 pm »
I shall be in The Albert in exactly 40 minutes for any house wives who are interested  :P

I'm not a house or a wife

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #89 on: 20 June, 2008, 01:00:20 pm »
Putting a used plate, cutlery and mug next to the sink does not constitute washing up.
Ohh the number of rants I've had about the kitchen!

It really gets my goat when I have to empty every other gits washing up which has been piled up to the rim of the sink just so I can fill the kettle to get my tea fix! There's a bloody dishwasher right beside you for dog's sake!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #90 on: 20 June, 2008, 01:13:45 pm »
Stupid Cisco VPN client for blue screening my PC at an inopportune moment. I really don't care about your IRQ conflicts and quite frankly would prefer you keep your petty little disputes to yourself. What am I, the bloody IT UN?

And more so, for not just losing my work, but for comprehensive fucking up any attempt to subsequently connect via wireless, so I have to spend my morning restarting XP, switching routers on and off, and reinstalling the VPN client before giving up and using the Mac. How the fuck can such a 'business critical' piece of software (that's you, VPN client) be so comprehensively and utterly shit. I mean, it's intended for home users, those who don't have direct access to IT support, and might not be expected to be diy IT guru. So what do they do? Invent some grim Windows 95-style user-hostile interface to a piece of software that delights in fatally crashing Windows. And not just crashing it in the wussily having to ctrl-alt-del or perhaps restart fashion. Oh no, instead it rampages like Godzilla on a Friday night Yates-fuelled booze binge through the rest of the computer's network settings. I'm kicking your DHCP connection in the head with my giant mutant lizard feet.

And thanks also to our IT department, who will happily look at the problem for me, if I log a remedy ticket. On the helpdesk system. Which is only accessible via the VPN. Genius.

I guess I'll fix the sodding thing myself. And then hunt down everyone responsible and kill them.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #91 on: 20 June, 2008, 01:27:25 pm »
Delivery of ice cream for ian ;D
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #92 on: 20 June, 2008, 02:03:21 pm »
remedy ticket

Ah. ARS. I have the scars...
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #93 on: 20 June, 2008, 02:04:07 pm »
Mobile phone users, at lunchtime.

When I go to buy my lunch I am normally pretty hungry, most likely a bit ratty as well. It's busy. If you want to chat to your mates on your mobile phone, go outside and do it. Don't stand in front of the selection of sandwiches idly talking on your phone and aimlessly picking up sandwiches with the other.

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE CEREBRAL CAPACITY TO DO BOTH OF THESE THINGS AT ONCE. YOU'RE IN THE BLOODY WAY OF ME AND EVERY OTHER SENTIENT BEING.

If it wasn't that I don't want to get my hands all icky, that phone would be going where the sun don't shine.
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #94 on: 20 June, 2008, 02:41:41 pm »
George W. Bush!  It's pronounced "nuclear", not "nucular".

And, George, however you pronounce it, you're not allowed to play with it.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Wascally Weasel

• Slayer of Dragons and killer of threads.
« Reply #95 on: 20 June, 2008, 03:10:15 pm »
Also at lunchtime - God botherers, chuggers and every other tosser standing in the street with your fucking hand out - I'm trying to buy a sandwich in peace in the limited time I have available.   Please stay out of my bloody way and allow me to complete this simple transaction.   I niether wish to go all happy clappy, save the gay whale or contribute to your alcohol problem (can barely afford my own you gits).

Then when I get to the sandwich counter, there's an angry and hungry man inserting a mobile phone into the rectum of the person in front for some reason  ;D

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #96 on: 20 June, 2008, 03:13:26 pm »
If you can't win your case without deliberately misleading and hectoring my client, you shouldn't be trying to win it, you useless, clapped-out excuse for a human being with a stiffy for Nazi policy. >:(

Do you think shouting at a man who doesn't even understand your language is helpful?  Or that it makes you look big and hard?  I tell you what. Children laugh at you behind your back.  Oh yes they do.

Tosser.

Tiger

« Reply #97 on: 20 June, 2008, 06:33:02 pm »
Designers - if I want initials or a name on my clothes, spectacles, or other things I buy the only name or initials should be mine. Why on earth would I want your name on my things?

rogerzilla

« Reply #98 on: 20 June, 2008, 06:39:39 pm »
Walkers!  That big bicycle painted on the path is not a new advertising initiative by Halfords.   It means something else.

Tiger

« Reply #99 on: 20 June, 2008, 06:51:13 pm »
Car Owners with babies - I really don't give a shit that you have a Baby on Board.  In fact I don't give a shit that you have a baby. They are not that rare you know.