Author Topic: Women’s Tour de France 2022  (Read 6079 times)

Re: Women’s Tour de France 2022
« Reply #25 on: 25 July, 2022, 03:34:12 pm »
Marianne Voss wins stage and takes yellow jersey. I missed it! Fr3 coverage continuing with interviews, analyses etc. Their commentary en course seemed quite good, much the same team as for the men's tour.

« Reply #26 on: 25 July, 2022, 05:33:49 pm »
Great finish. :)
Terrible commentary!
Agreed. The commentator that, erm, Eurosport and GC, ah, N, employ for the women's, eh, races is absolut-erm- ly hope-ah-less.  ::-)

And, missing out the, erm, pauses. a typical few seconds sounds like, "mariannevoskasianiewiadomacecliieuttrupludwiggracebrownelisalongoborghinielisabalsamo..." :facepalm:

« Reply #27 on: 25 July, 2022, 05:50:39 pm »
I gave up on Eurosport/GCN on the men's tour.  The commentary is plain awful much of the time.  Kirby is just not as funny as he thinks he is.  Kelly spends most of his slots stating the bleedin' obvious, and then you have the live moto links from Bradley (nothing proved) Wiggins.  And the GCN crew think they're are making cycling "cool"  ::-)

ITV4 ls just leagues ahead.  Gary Imlach (whom I've had the pleasure of chatting with about cycling) has a deep interest in and passion for the sport, way beyond the Eurosport presenters, and David Millar actually gives you meaningful insights into how the pro peloton operate and is enthusiastic without waffling.  It's a shame they don't cover more events.
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #28 on: 25 July, 2022, 06:03:15 pm »
As an aside, Toontra (I agree with your assessment and have thoroughly enjoyed ITV's tour), have you read Gary's book about his dad, was a pro-footballer in my youth?  GI is obviously a born communicator, although I think he could could try saying "we'll take a break" as a separate sentence, next year!

« Reply #29 on: 26 July, 2022, 05:30:15 pm »
Cecilie Uttrup Ludwig is just the best interviewee by far.  I'd like to see Ineos try to media train her :-)

« Reply #30 on: 26 July, 2022, 05:38:30 pm »

« Reply #31 on: 26 July, 2022, 05:53:30 pm »

« Reply #33 on: 31 July, 2022, 10:28:39 am »
AVV is just astonishing.
I loved the way that in her interview afterwards she was very clear that she wasn't criticising her competitors, just explaining why her experience means that volume is something that she can do.
I thought it curious that Elisa Longo Borghini spent so long riding on her own only a minute ahead of the group with Niewiadoma- it felt like she was burning her matches and was going to get caught (Vollering is different because she climbed so well with AVV that she was many minutes ahead).
I guess this is why so many powerful teams seemed to be stage hunting in the first few days instead of trying to put time into AVV - this was always possible.

« Reply #34 on: 07 August, 2022, 07:50:01 pm »
Finally caught up with this.

That final stage was brutal compared to rolling along drinking champagne. And that final few metres, where the media moto lost traction and ended up dropping it, was insane. Shame they didn't finish in Paris, but that was a great finale.