Author Topic: Toast racks - securing bikes  (Read 579 times)

Toast racks - securing bikes
« on: 20 February, 2024, 10:00:13 am »
I live in an apartment block where there are toast racks for bike storage. Useless wheelbender floor racks which you could cut with boltcutters. My two bikes are hanging from front wheels on wall mounted racks.
I have several chain locks and a U-lock securing them.
Short of getting proper ground anchors or Sheffield stands are there good ideas on security?

Re: Toast racks - securing bikes
« Reply #1 on: 20 February, 2024, 10:12:43 am »
I live in an apartment block where there are toast racks for bike storage. Useless wheelbender floor racks which you could cut with boltcutters. My two bikes are hanging from front wheels on wall mounted racks.
I have several chain locks and a U-lock securing them.
Short of getting proper ground anchors or Sheffield stands are there good ideas on security?
I would've thought that putting in a call to the partner of the late Doc Squid, formerly OTP, would be a good starting point. I've spoken with him before and found him both affable and helpful. The company name is Pragmasis. His name is Stephen, and he was using DS's account on here shortly after her death, but it's a few years since he's been active on here.
My personal view is that max security for least buck would probably be in the shape of a floor anchor.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Re: Toast racks - securing bikes
« Reply #2 on: 20 February, 2024, 10:33:19 am »
I second the above.

Over the years, I've bought hundreds of pounds worth of excellent chains & ground anchors from his company.

https://securityforbikes.com/
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein