Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2464471 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #13675 on: 31 July, 2012, 03:14:47 pm »
Looking at, and considering buying, a townhouse or apartment in Spain.

Realising contractors get paid more than permies.....

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #13676 on: 31 July, 2012, 03:27:22 pm »
Reading #thingsbetterthanRiley69.

Rileyy_69 is someone on twitter who has posted some very nasty stuff about Tom Daley today - his dad would be ashamed of him, Rileyy_69 is going to drown him, that sort of stuff. Then he got the huff when it made the news, threatened to sue Sky News for saying stuff about him, and is now having the piss ripped out of him by #thingsbetterthanRiley69. Current suggestions for #thingsbetterthanRiley69 include masturbating with a cheese grater, Jedward duetting with Timmy Mallett, crocs, being the middle person in a human centipede, being masturbated by Edward Scissorhands, and comic sans.

According to our local news Rileyy_69 has been arrested - or at least someone's been arrested for comments about Tom Daley on twitter

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #13677 on: 31 July, 2012, 03:29:51 pm »
Looking at, and considering buying, a townhouse or apartment in Spain.

Realising contractors get paid more than permies.....

Well, yes, BUT also one of the Spanish banks has just dumped all it's repo properties, so there are metric shitload available, a lot around Alicante.  A search I did, which restricted it to <€40k brought up 995 properties!!!!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #13678 on: 31 July, 2012, 03:35:14 pm »
Trying to get my heartbeat back under control after a very exciting Eventing individual final!  Phew!

« Reply #13679 on: 31 July, 2012, 03:52:55 pm »
I'm not doing nothing, God my life is so boring and tomorrow highlight is going to the doctors

« Reply #13680 on: 31 July, 2012, 04:57:28 pm »
Mind your own business!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #13681 on: 31 July, 2012, 07:42:07 pm »
Bored.  :(
So I'm gonna watch the footingball.

Luckily, I won't have to watch more footingball tomorrow as it's quiz night.  :thumbsup:
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #13682 on: 31 July, 2012, 07:51:08 pm »
I say!  It seems to be going rather well already.  :D

« Reply #13683 on: 31 July, 2012, 09:55:43 pm »
Fretting: my bike is now on its way to Paris, but I don't leave for another 12 hours.

:o I would find that massively stressful. Hope it's there waiting for you in fine fettle!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #13684 on: 31 July, 2012, 11:04:41 pm »
Haircut!  :'(

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #13685 on: 01 August, 2012, 07:30:30 am »

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #13686 on: 01 August, 2012, 11:14:03 am »
I'm on a train, heading out to torture myself by watching people ride bikes,.which I can't.

It would be a damn sight easier if I could, mind.  Train late, slow, and stopping between stations.  And this is not even the train heading out towards the course!

Not expecting much, so anything's a bonus.
Getting there...

« Reply #13687 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:14:31 pm »
Haircut!  :'(
Pics?

(I had about 10" taken off mine)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #13688 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:22:10 pm »
Calm down, I've only had a couple of inches off to tidy up the scraggy ends and stop it catching in the rear wheel.  I'm not small and cute enough to get away with a buzzcut like Sinead O'Connor, and my hair is insufferably high maintenance at anything less than chin length.

It's still traumatic, though.  Never quite recovered from that time when I was about 8 and the hairdresser drew blood...

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #13689 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:25:04 pm »
sitting in an airport avoiding the telly and news websites, saving the TT for later and thinking I will have to make some bread when I get home.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #13690 on: 01 August, 2012, 04:27:34 pm »
Also, feeling peckish & trying to avoid scoffing the salty penguins I bought at duty free.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #13691 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:27:15 pm »
Laminating an audax route sheet

Basil

• Help me!
« Reply #13692 on: 01 August, 2012, 05:38:54 pm »
Just got home and am wondering how long it will would be until I hear the tired old "buses" joke (re the two gold medals today)
Bloody hell, R4 came out with it as I was typing this.  :facepalm:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #13693 on: 01 August, 2012, 06:36:21 pm »
Being nibbled on by beasties.

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #13694 on: 01 August, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »
Just got home and am wondering how long it will would be until I hear the tired old "buses" joke (re the two gold medals today)
Bloody hell, R4 came out with it as I was typing this.  :facepalm:
Working out which bits of Eastern Europe are in the EU.  If the United States of Europe existed, it would be top of the Medal table.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #13695 on: 02 August, 2012, 12:13:27 am »
Simon and I have finished packing panniers with tent and stuff for our trip to the Semaine Federale. Tomorrow we have a 100 mile ride to Portsmsouth followed by a night ferry crossing to St Malo. On Friday we are riding a DIY 200k audax to a campsite somewhere random in France, then on Saturday we have another 70 miles ish to get to Niort where we join the rest of Bristol CTC many of whom are going via EasyJet  :facepalm:
What with 300 miles there, 300 miles back and a lot of riding while there this should be a high mileage trip  :D

« Reply #13696 on: 02 August, 2012, 08:45:40 am »
Hurting.

I'm quite fed up of this, really. It's now 4 months since I feckless fell down the stairs, and I'm still suffering.
Apart from anything else, the drug of choice is codeine, and I'm sick of the side effects.
Serves me right for riding for hours last night, I s'pose.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #13697 on: 02 August, 2012, 08:51:01 am »
Hugs, you robust bitch, you.  Things are improving, even if slowly.  I do empathise.
Getting there...

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #13698 on: 02 August, 2012, 08:52:24 am »
It gets better, promise.  The Elbow niggles a bit on occasion, but it has steadily continued to improve and I haven't been anything like as well-behaved as you about the physio and stuff.  And you are back to riding frankly silly distances remarkably quickly, y'know?  But you have my sympathy, because it is just so dull when it hurts, isn't it?

« Reply #13699 on: 02 August, 2012, 08:56:08 am »
It's very wearing. It makes me grumpy & short tempered (and I wasn't exactly long tempered before) and tired, and lethargic, and depressed, and well. You both know what I'm talking about.

Sigh.