Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2464458 times)

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #9175 on: 02 July, 2011, 08:26:18 pm »
Feeling a bit lost, as apart from tomorrow's ride, I haven't got any other epic rides of my own planned for this year.  :-\

I'll have to get my thinking head on.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #9176 on: 02 July, 2011, 08:44:11 pm »
Sat on the sofa avoiding going out to a friends birthday party or a hawian pub crawl

Fun fun fun

gerwinium

• Occasional smug folding bastard
« Reply #9177 on: 02 July, 2011, 08:47:43 pm »
Reading up on the rigging of Dutch windmills on WIkipedia. My Saturday nights are very exciting.

« Reply #9178 on: 02 July, 2011, 11:09:17 pm »
Sniggering at Nicholas Witchell on the news just now:

"A firm grip and a smooth action, and two shovel-loads were deposited..."
:o

He was referring to Prince William planting a tree.  ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #9179 on: 03 July, 2011, 01:28:38 am »
Being hot in bed.
It is simpler than it looks.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #9180 on: 03 July, 2011, 07:13:13 am »
Not getting ready to go audaxing with the Cub  :(

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #9181 on: 03 July, 2011, 08:49:15 am »
Wondering where pingu is. No updates for hours.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #9182 on: 03 July, 2011, 10:25:12 am »

Oh dear.

I'm trying to decide between a 10 and 12l hydration pack. At this rate colour will be the deciding factor.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #9183 on: 03 July, 2011, 10:36:07 am »

Oh dear.
It was a sensible choice - I just couldn't face anything last night, let alone getting us and our stuff ready for a 50 and organising transport for him there and everything.  And it's roasting out there - I have morethan enough sunburn for one weekend!

I'm trying to decide between a 10 and 12l hydration pack. At this rate colour will be the deciding factor.
Having totally run out of water on Fiday/Saturday's ride, I'd say get the big'un!

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #9184 on: 03 July, 2011, 10:48:36 am »
Looking for my hat.
If SWMBO follows through on her promise that she'll be coming to York (probably one of the signs of the Apocalypse, but there you go) then I'm going to need some kind of fabric-based protection for my head - showering this morning was an, erm, interesting experience  :o

« Reply #9185 on: 03 July, 2011, 11:33:35 am »

Oh dear.
It was a sensible choice - I just couldn't face anything last night, let alone getting us and our stuff ready for a 50 and organising transport for him there and everything.  And it's roasting out there - I have morethan enough sunburn for one weekend!

Having had a lie in I think I may wait until a bit later to get a ride in. Then I can blame sticky tarmac for my slowness.

Having totally run out of water on Fiday/Saturday's ride, I'd say get the big'un!

I'll have 3l of water space either way - I'm not sure I'm capable of drinking 10l between stops without doing a passable impression of a 3 year old needing a wee.  :o 
The question is really whether I'm likely to fill the extra 2l with unnecessary and heavy junk or something vital that would otherwise involve yet another bag.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9186 on: 03 July, 2011, 07:11:14 pm »
Feeling surprisingly knackered.  I only did 30km at pootle pace!

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #9187 on: 03 July, 2011, 08:59:49 pm »
Watching a hot-air balloon getting closer and closer to the train I'm on in Market Harborough.

I think we'll get away though.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9188 on: 03 July, 2011, 09:01:47 pm »
Suffering the digestive aftermath of advanced sleep deprivation and large doses of diclofenac and codeine.  Probably explains the previous post...

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #9189 on: 04 July, 2011, 09:55:52 am »
Eating an absolutely enormous breakfast outside the Granary in Hay.
I'll never eat it all.   Where's Teethgrinder when you need him?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #9190 on: 04 July, 2011, 01:36:00 pm »
Recovering form my first bit of work since March! I taught a Catalan woman English, although why she's spending £3K on a week at a private school when the money would be better spent on learning the basics is beyond me. Still, keeps me off the streets...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #9191 on: 04 July, 2011, 07:23:58 pm »
Sitting on a wall in front of school, in a nice shady spot, eating ice lollies with the SmallestCub while we wait for big'un to finish his karate class.

essexian

« Reply #9192 on: 04 July, 2011, 07:43:52 pm »
There is a song from the 1970's which goes something like: "Thinking it right, doing it wrong, its easier from an armchair..." (bet no one knows who did it!) well that's me at the moment... planning but knowing I won't actually do it!

The plan...the C2C over 2 days in September. Why won't I do it.... because I hate hills and never actually complete what I plan. Sigh.

Bit of a waste of time planning, but its good to dream eh.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #9193 on: 04 July, 2011, 07:46:25 pm »
There is a song from the 1970's which goes something like: "Thinking it right, doing it wrong, its easier from an armchair..." (bet no one knows who did it!) well that's me at the moment... planning but knowing I won't actually do it!
Tenement Funster. It's a Queen song, written and sung by Roger Taylor. Waves of alternatives wash at my sleepiness, have my eggs poached for breakfast, I guess...
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9194 on: 04 July, 2011, 07:49:40 pm »
Discussing whether lightsabres radiate heat, and whether you could use them to cook sausages.   :facepalm:

essexian

« Reply #9195 on: 04 July, 2011, 07:50:56 pm »
Tenement Funster. It's a Queen song, written and sung by Roger Taylor. Waves of alternatives wash at my sleepiness, have my eggs poached for breakfast, I guess...

Yep! Sound of my teenage years that song.  :thumbsup:

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #9196 on: 04 July, 2011, 07:51:31 pm »
It's not Tenement Funster, it's Drowse.  :-[

Discussing whether lightsabres radiate heat, and whether you could use them to cook sausages.   :facepalm:
Bobb's just bought one, ask him.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #9197 on: 04 July, 2011, 07:52:42 pm »

The plan...the C2C over 2 days in September. Why won't I do it.... because I hate hills and never actually complete what I plan. Sigh.

Add one or two more days, which will give you time to enjoy the route and walk when necessary.

I may be doing C2C and/or Hadrian's Wall this year.  Must dig out the maps, etc and make some tentative plans...

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #9198 on: 04 July, 2011, 08:00:05 pm »
Bobb's just bought one, ask him.

Barakta just found a roadkill one.  It still works!

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #9199 on: 05 July, 2011, 11:18:14 am »
Putting off cleaning the bathroom.   :sick:  Probably quicker to nuke it from orbit!