Author Topic: Jersey sizing  (Read 11830 times)

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: Jersey sizing
« Reply #25 on: 13 June, 2019, 03:46:15 pm »
The 2015 PBP jersey was made by Giordana I think. Their sizing table is different to the 2019 PBP website one.

Not according to the jersey itself — 2015 jerseys were made by Alé. 

Measuring myself up against the given size-table gives a Large again — 38" / 33" / 6' / 70kg, close enough.
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

« Reply #26 on: 13 June, 2019, 06:47:17 pm »
The 2015 PBP jersey was made by Giordana I think. Their sizing table is different to the 2019 PBP website one.

Not according to the jersey itself — 2015 jerseys were made by Alé. 

Measuring myself up against the given size-table gives a Large again — 38" / 33" / 6' / 70kg, close enough.

Absolutely correct! I have a 100cm chest, and the 'L' fits just fine, so I'll be ordering it again.

I do like the little (if rather useless) zipped pocket on the left breast - presumably for a packet of fags in the day!  :hand:

Phil W

« Reply #27 on: 13 June, 2019, 08:03:46 pm »

Not according to the jersey itself — 2015 jerseys were made by Alé. 

Measuring myself up against the given size-table gives a Large again — 38" / 33" / 6' / 70kg, close enough.
Absolutely correct! I have a 100cm chest, and the 'L' fits just fine, so I'll be ordering it again.

I do like the little (if rather useless) zipped pocket on the left breast - presumably for a packet of fags in the day!  :hand:

Wow, just checked, and indeed there is a zipped chest pocket. Never noticed that before. Also checked and my jersey defo a large.

Diesel

• or Richard
« Reply #28 on: 13 June, 2019, 09:25:56 pm »
Thanks all for the varying insights. I have changed mine to an XL for the jersey and L for the Gillet and will wait and see what I end up with!

4th Brevet numbered entered, so that's it  :thumbsup:

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #29 on: 13 September, 2019, 04:18:17 pm »
if you want a different size jersey they are still available for sale at https://inscription.paris-brest-paris.org/index.php?page=liste_activites

shop tab, confirm your address details

I have an XL which I am giving to someone else (who it should fit)  I am getting a 2XL

« Reply #30 on: 13 September, 2019, 05:25:53 pm »
Just to confirm, I’m very pleased with my XXL. I’m a 40” chest and a L in ForceGB.

It’s a snug racing fit, and tight on my skinny arms, but I’m happy with it.

Hope that helps people choosing sizes...

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #31 on: 13 September, 2019, 06:57:43 pm »
I'm not sure I trust the size guide

according to the guide, my height is a medium jersey, my waist is a medium jersey, but my chest is an extra large. I can't believe the difference between waist size and chest size is as small as 4cm at all sizes.
Believe what they say. I have a large I am happy with, but I do like my jerseys snug. (38" chest)

Eddington  127miles, 170km

zigzag

• unfuckwithable
« Reply #32 on: 13 September, 2019, 07:01:02 pm »
37" chest, medium fits well. small would be even better if it was longer (i like snug-fit jerseys).

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #33 on: 13 September, 2019, 07:56:28 pm »
Got an XL in the 'ficcial one and an XXL in the polyester/wool maroon one.
Both of which are a bit tight for my liking me as soon as I add a base layer, since they're summer jerseys I've ordered a 2XL in the latest bunfight for Scottish summer use.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #34 on: 13 September, 2019, 08:02:15 pm »
Both of which are a bit tight for my liking me as soon as I add a base layer, since they're summer jerseys I've ordered a 2XL in the latest bunfight for Scottish summer use.

What dimensions are you?

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #35 on: 13 September, 2019, 09:30:58 pm »

What dimensions are you?

Oversized

Also I can't find my tape measure...

« Reply #36 on: 14 September, 2019, 12:09:05 am »
I reckon the Large fits just a bit more snugly than a Gore Med - racing fit on me (6ft, 13st, 39/40in, definite though shrinking aerobelly), which I thought was fine because I like a fairly snug jersey, but I'd probably have struggled to zip up anything smaller.

« Reply #37 on: 14 September, 2019, 07:20:26 am »
I have just completed some touring in Les Alpes de Haute Provence (ie this is an opinion based on riding for a fair few kms and wearing it as my only top for a week, not just 'trying it on') wearing my PBP top, which is an XL. My chest is 39" and it is a snug 'racing' fit: 'L' would be too tight. I helped dish out the LEL (2017) clothing so took advantage of that to check which top was the correct size for me: a large, in the 'club/racing' (ie not 'event') fit. HTH