Author Topic: No graphic content  (Read 744 times)

No graphic content
« on: 15 October, 2012, 10:01:18 pm »
It seems that our PC (using Firefox) has decided to be a bit selective about loading graphics on a number of sites, including YACF. 
I get a really basic layout all in one font. 
And typing this message is doing my head in because it carries on extending the line to the right...
and then I can't see what I typed earlier and so I have to put hard returns in
and it says that this topic will be locked!

Oh woe is me - have I broken the internet?

Re: No graphic content
« Reply #1 on: 15 October, 2012, 10:03:04 pm »
It seems that our PC (using Firefox) has decided to be a bit selective about loading graphics on a number of sites, including YACF. 
I get a really basic layout all in one font. 
And typing this message is doing my head in because it carries on extending the line to the right...
and then I can't see what I typed earlier and so I have to put hard returns in
and it says that this topic will be locked!

Oh woe is me - have I broken the internet?

Ummm... strange....
Try a different browser....

« Reply #2 on: 15 October, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »
Hmm, it works fine in IE.  I thought IE was regarded as evil and prone to bugginess.  I may revert to it for the time being.

I wonder if I upset Firefox by asking it to instal Skype so that my daughter in Durham can see the cats in London.

Edit: aha, I told Firefox to go away, clean itself up, and come back.  All tickety boo, it seems.

As you were...

« Reply #3 on: 15 October, 2012, 10:13:50 pm »
I sometimes lose the odd image using Chrome but it doesn't bother me unduly.   I'm guessing that some strange settings on my computer prompt it to randomly ignore some images out of pure random confudledyness!

« Reply #4 on: 15 October, 2012, 10:14:00 pm »
Hmm, it works fine in IE.  I thought IE was regarded as evil and prone to bugginess.  I may revert to it for the time being.

I wonder if I upset Firefox by asking it to instal Skype so that my daughter in Durham can see the cats in London.

The cats. It'll be the cats that have put a hex on it. Nothing to do with the browser or the interwebs.
Tim Berners-Lee always said 'it was the cats wot did it'. So it must be true.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #5 on: 15 October, 2012, 10:21:20 pm »
Is the screen white with default text and a few blue horazontal bars? If so scroll down to the bottom and click 'go to full version' as you could be loading the WAP site by mistake (if you scroll down to the bottom in normal mode and click the WAP2 link you get the same)
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!