Author Topic: February visit to Prague - recommendations  (Read 906 times)

February visit to Prague - recommendations
« on: 23 January, 2019, 09:32:37 pm »
Hi, We are visiting Prague for a long weekend in February.  We have an airbnb booked in the centre a couple of minutes from Kafka house and St clements cathedral.  I have a walking food tour booked for the afternoon of our first day.  What else would you suggest we must see and any food recommendations?

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
Re: February visit to Prague - recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 23 January, 2019, 09:48:07 pm »
we had an excellent 4 days there in October,  and walked over 50 miles in that time. (according to fit bit) . There is so much to see,a walk up to the castle, and also up to the 'Radio Tower' is a good walk on 2 separate days, ,

also https://www.facebook.com/U-Maleho-Glena-112414292141604/?__xts__[0]=68.ARBDSVAhnNtUHJ-4BdqZ_4xVTPpGJlY5fgIlvsGSt6Ox7RZYaqrgvFOH28ayrQ-ohsx2Py7Y2GG6unrXEdLWk5bjVwtxuS8pzksbgpsl2LrMfLKAZbeGwvNPtXB9L-PvKr_IehAYhO2ny3mgKJ9tT2U6PajBZ9jAT8em76R2WE44Azf8YtVJz3p7uirco80KnvqE_bEITckWtN9y39z6yNK9j0ibgf7aVfolYsOwHckT-OrWdrbr9UPYrpYZMPxdco8MBx9xcuwpauRv1Yn6KVX-DHJYZb8wgA

this place is a great Jazz pub/ club, and US president Bill Clinton played sax there once in 1994. If you like meat,and go here for a meal, order the Pork knuckle....BETWEEN TWO!!!!!! they are HUGE!! only about £10.  So much to see,  the newer town area, wenceslass square etc, is also very interesting, for differenet reasons. I like to see how people live, where they shop, what they buy, as much as historic buildings and tourist tat.   So much to see and do, you just have to see for yourself. I prefered the other side of the river tho, at te base of the castle.  Only saw one stag do, noisy ...yes,  British?....yes. I hid!