Author Topic: Six Hundred Super Saturday (BCM/Brimstone/Beast ft East/Flatlands)  (Read 6851 times)

Re: Six Hundred Super Saturday (BCM/Brimstone/Beast ft East/Flatlands)
« Reply #50 on: 16 October, 2014, 10:31:02 am »
Would ideally like to be able to do Flatlands as a helper's ride, route checking. If that would be feasible leaves Beast vs Brimstone.

Are you able to effectively ride 2 events on the same day?

I realise you would not be actually riding 2 events on the same day, but it would mean homologation of 2 events that take place on the same weekend.  Never realised this was possible.

Funnily enough...

....some years ago, the BFTE was known under the benign title of The Waltham Wonder. The riders arrived in darkness at Taunton Deane services to find another group of riders controlling on the Brimstone.

Some chaos ensued as some Brimstone riders followed the twinkling red lights of Waltham Wander riders on exiting the services, and of course, vice versa. It is rumoured that some riders are still navigating the lanes around Stoke St. Mary
#makewattsnotwar

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #51 on: 30 October, 2014, 01:00:51 pm »
Whilst I have ridden both the BC and Brimstone several times each, including finishing the latter with about 5 mins to spare in bad weather this year, the Beast from the East is a ride I've unfinished business with - in 2007 my first SR year I was out of time after about 500k.

Tough call, isn't it. I have unfinished business with the Brimstone, and unstarted business with the BCM, but I love the BftE and it is only once every four years...

In any case, the WCW the following weekend will be a breeze in comparison.

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #52 on: 31 October, 2014, 12:00:51 pm »
Whilst I have ridden both the BC and Brimstone several times each, including finishing the latter with about 5 mins to spare in bad weather this year, the Beast from the East is a ride I've unfinished business with - in 2007 my first SR year I was out of time after about 500k.

Tough call, isn't it. I have unfinished business with the Brimstone, and unstarted business with the BCM, but I love the BftE and it is only once every four years...

In any case, the WCW the following weekend will be a breeze in comparison.

Toying with the idea of BftE and then WCW the following weekend. After that, PBP (weather permitting) should be a breeze.
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #53 on: 31 October, 2014, 01:07:22 pm »
Toying with the idea of BftE and then WCW the following weekend.

That's my plan too.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #54 on: 31 October, 2014, 01:09:40 pm »
....some years ago, the BFTE was known under the benign title of The Waltham Wonder. The riders arrived in darkness at Taunton Deane services to find another group of riders controlling on the Brimstone.

Some chaos ensued as some Brimstone riders followed the twinkling red lights of Waltham Wander riders on exiting the services, and of course, vice versa. It is rumoured that some riders are still navigating the lanes around Stoke St. Mary

I remember that. The only reliable way to tell was that the guys on the Brimstone looked to be in an even worse state than those of us on the Wander!
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?