Author Topic: The Spordax 100k Petworth Sunday 9th Nov  (Read 3621 times)

Lurcio

• Lurcio
The Spordax 100k Petworth Sunday 9th Nov
« on: 13 October, 2014, 10:50:48 am »
This excellent ride in the West Sussex countryside consisting of three loops with intermediary feeds at a Village Hall with full Cheese Toastie making facilities plus much more. The route keeps out of the Lanes until later on just in case of any slipperiness caused by the unpleasant weather some of you may bring with you!
GPX route is available, just PM Lurcio.
This route is ECE friendly.
Petworth-Watersfield-Adversane-Wisborough Green-Petworth-Duncton-Singleton-Graffham-Petworth-Lickfield-Henley-Easebourne-Petworth
Put my medals on the table....you must be jokimg!

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
Re: The Spordax 100k Petworth Sunday 9th Nov
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2014, 11:39:16 am »
I haven't done an El Supremo or Mad Jack  ride in a while and if I wasn't grounded that weekend would be up for it.  :'(

G

« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2014, 01:10:57 pm »
If you've never experienced an ElSupremo fully catered event then I can only say it more than makes up for the slight inconvenience of postal-only entry.  There will doubtless be both huge quantities and a huge variety of food on offer at three visits to the hall (and all included in the price).   An experience not to be missed.

Lurcio

• Lurcio
« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2014, 09:52:50 pm »
I haven't done an El Supremo or Mad Jack  ride in a while and if I wasn't grounded that weekend would be up for it.  :'(

Ground M'lord, just give me the nod and I will 'ave a word. :thumbsup:

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #4 on: 13 October, 2014, 10:25:20 pm »

Ground M'lord, just give me the nod and I will 'ave a word. :thumbsup:

;D

H

« Reply #5 on: 14 October, 2014, 11:07:51 pm »

G

Great ride and highly recommended, keep the wheels turning and legs a pumping.

Come on down, Hills and Mills & Mad Jacks JSM welcomes all :thumbsup:
Mad Jacks JSM/  Hills and Mills to be continued in 2021

« Reply #6 on: 15 October, 2014, 12:57:57 pm »
I'm free that day & Google tells me it's 107k from home to the start.  I'm sure It'll be further to get back to get better roads in the afternoon, but looks like an ECE to 300 is on the cards :)

Looks like a good way to try my first an El Supremo ride  :thumbsup:

Lurcio

• Lurcio
« Reply #7 on: 19 October, 2014, 08:02:54 pm »
Yes siree this ride is indeed ECE friendly, good way to burn off a few calories. Make yourself known to the Toastmaster and you will be fed extra well!

Only 3 weeks to go
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/14-186/

Lurcio

• Lurcio
« Reply #8 on: 24 October, 2014, 08:19:53 pm »
Here are the 3 circuits (34k, 39k and 29k respectively)

Spordax Etape 1 http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6049767

Spordax Etape 2 http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6049865

Spordax Etape 3 http://ridewithgps.com/routes/6050292

« Reply #9 on: 25 October, 2014, 05:04:17 pm »
Yes siree this ride is indeed ECE friendly, good way to burn off a few calories. Make yourself known to the Toastmaster and you will be fed extra well!

That has been enough to get me to send in my first postal entry :) it went today & I'll sort ECE out on Monday :)

Looking forward to it - I'll be on the boardman with tri-bars, probably wearing my LEL jersey, and be the knackered one in the corner :)

« Reply #10 on: 25 October, 2014, 07:28:18 pm »
I sent off my entry on Thursday and asked for the gpx files which arrived by email yesterday. Three loops.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #11 on: 31 October, 2014, 11:57:32 am »
I posted off my entry early yesterday, which I hope will get to Dave in time.
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

« Reply #12 on: 31 October, 2014, 12:33:35 pm »
Just talking to a mate who's happy to do this as his first ever Audax.... does anybody know if it'll be OK for him to get it in the post now?

Ta

Phixie

• No gears and all the ideas
« Reply #13 on: 31 October, 2014, 02:29:04 pm »
Should be OK if he puts  first class postage on it (and sends it today).

Looks like a great ride.
At the end of the day, when all's said and done, there's usually a lot more said than done.

Lurcio

• Lurcio
« Reply #14 on: 02 November, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »
Witness El Supremo's astounding water boiling skills.
This link will take you to the main car park in Petworth(starred) in case you are not familiar with the area.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.985263,-0.610455,17z

« Reply #15 on: 08 November, 2014, 10:10:47 am »
Routes all loaded & the best weather of the weekend booked - all set for tomorrow :)

If only the most used button on my GPS hadn't just fallen off  ::-)

Oh well, bluetac and sellotape seem to work for a make-shift bodge, will have to send it off for repair next week ...

« Reply #16 on: 09 November, 2014, 04:09:52 pm »
El Supremo was Supremo. Great ride, great food and even arranged for fantastic sunny weather, which after last night's deluge was not looking likely. I struggled badly towards the end but really enjoyed. Thanks to Dave and his team of helpers at the village hall.

Pete Mas

• Don't Worry 'bout a thing...
« Reply #17 on: 09 November, 2014, 08:34:11 pm »
Excellent ride as per usual. Good turnout. So sunny and warm by the third circuit, I had to leave my jacket at the village hall to collect on my return. So much food available (toasties, beans on toast, sandwiches, apple pies, mince pies, rice pudding and peaches etc, etc, that I felt guilty not riding ECE.. Roads were damp , and saw a few folk mending punctures inc ppp pete. Nice to see Christina at the start, and see chat to other's at the Hall stops, including Guy (riding back to Hove), Clifford, on his first ELS ride, Cant climb, well done for 300k ECE. 3am start, via Hindhead.

Thought I did really well climbing the steep hill to Henley without a break, then realised I'd forgotten to take in the answer to the info question when pedalling past...so had to go back down again. Luckily only 0.3 miles down.

Many thanks to Dave and all the team for making everyones' day. :thumbsup:
''It is better to travel hopefully than to arrive."

R.L.Stevenson

Lurcio

• Lurcio
« Reply #18 on: 09 November, 2014, 08:36:58 pm »
http://instagram.com/p/vMUVhmtUmj/

What a great day, those hills were made easy by all the food on offer.

Sabine

• In France
« Reply #19 on: 09 November, 2014, 09:00:58 pm »
Great picture Lurcio. Sounds like you had a good day for it  :thumbsup:

« Reply #20 on: 09 November, 2014, 09:36:22 pm »
What other Audax ride offers you a choice of food as soon as you step into the control? El Supremo is unique; long may he (and his dedicated band of helpers) continue.

PS the ride was pretty good too.

« Reply #21 on: 09 November, 2014, 10:11:11 pm »
Home at last, a few navigational issues on the way back puts me over 350k and I felt the hills!  Great day, thanks to Dave and team I'll certainly venture down that way again :)

« Reply #22 on: 10 November, 2014, 07:53:01 am »
After a bit of sleep I can be a bit more communicative:)

That was my first El Supremo event, and it was a great experience - as I said to Dave at the start I'd come down for the legendary food, and as not disappointed:)  especially as an ECE rider I was very well looked after, ion just one of the stops I had 3 helpings of beans on toast, two bowls of rice pud, a pint of tea, some cakes and biscuits, and grabbed a couple more cakes for the road  :thumbsup:

I'd set off at 02:45 riding about 115k down through Reading, Farmham, Haslemere etc - I was starting to feel the hills already!  At least the freezing fog had cleared and we were treated to a magical day of autumnal sunshine  :thumbsup: I was still milling around when most people set off so I started near the back

On an ECE I ride more slowly between controls so I was near the back throughout but took the time to enjoy the views :) it was my first time in the area and it was more rolling than I imagined, it was a nice route though.  That last climb up through Henley was tough!  I'm just glad to have ridden it all :). A final feed and I set off for home at 15:00, the climbs up to hindhead and though Farnham were hard, and once the sun went down it started to rain :( with 20k to go I stopped and ate all my emergency food - just enough to get me home :)

Nice to meet some of you & nice to sample an El Supremo event at last  8)

Lurcio

• Lurcio
« Reply #23 on: 10 November, 2014, 10:03:18 am »
Well done Can't Climb, good to get that mileage in at this time of year.  Glad you tucked in, I believe El Supremo assumes all riders will have an appetite as healthy as your own.

Lurcio

• Lurcio
« Reply #24 on: 13 November, 2014, 01:36:31 pm »