Author Topic: Brest Control Closing Time, possible discrepancy  (Read 4828 times)

Re: Brest Control Closing Time, possible discrepancy
« Reply #25 on: 22 August, 2023, 11:20:16 am »
I used this: https://pbpcalc.com/ which implies the Barnetts were OOT.

I doubt that's right unless they have issues- they're a strong tandem team.

It looks like the elapsed time to Brest for the 90 hour group is 40:19 in which case they are indeed OOT.  Hopefully they will be allowed to continue and can pull it back.
Eh?  How do you get that number?

By ignoring what L CC posted, reading what ZakLaws said up there ^ and looking at the photo of the actual brevet card that I posted a link to.

« Reply #26 on: 22 August, 2023, 11:26:06 am »
I used this: https://pbpcalc.com/ which implies the Barnetts were OOT.

I doubt that's right unless they have issues- they're a strong tandem team.

It looks like the elapsed time to Brest for the 90 hour group is 40:19 in which case they are indeed OOT.  Hopefully they will be allowed to continue and can pull it back.
Eh?  How do you get that number?

By ignoring what L CC posted, reading what ZakLaws said up there ^ and looking at the photo of the actual brevet card that I posted a link to.
If you 'make' the timings what they've ridden (ish) that website shows you when the control closes for their start time.

« Reply #27 on: 22 August, 2023, 11:30:03 am »

If you 'make' the timings what they've ridden (ish) that website shows you when the control closes for their start time.

Ahhhh. This is for an M start, but the red writing is the actual control closing times? I was using it wrong.

« Reply #28 on: 22 August, 2023, 11:50:04 am »
These show the correct control closing times for the various start Groups

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=126292.0

« Reply #29 on: 22 August, 2023, 12:29:34 pm »
So, in terms of elapsed time because that makes reading the tracker easier, we're saying this? (Disregard the first Villaines  :facepalm:)

« Reply #30 on: 22 August, 2023, 01:09:14 pm »
Oui

« Reply #31 on: 23 August, 2023, 05:06:56 am »
How long do controls stay open (for food, facilities etc) after they have “closed” (for final 84h group), do riders turn up, find the doors locked and the “gone home, back in 4 years” sign with the cleaners busy inside? Quite a few riders I am following are hours out of time but still pressing on?

PS looking at the difference between last 90h & last 84h closings there is large gaps  (3 hours for final) so I guess it’s only a problem for late 84h riders.

PPS Although some of the 90h riders I am following are pushing into 4 or 5 hours late at next control so will be close to or after 84h closing times and might have to help the cleaners. Many are surprisingly slow, I guess we will hear the stories soon

« Reply #32 on: 23 August, 2023, 11:10:22 am »
I don't know, but my experience from 2015 when I was well in time, towards the front of the 84 hour group, was that the controls had already started to break down.
Carhaix had run out of food and the volunteers were very tired.
I wouldn't expect them do stay open much after time.