Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 144836 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #475 on: 02 July, 2020, 03:54:48 pm »
I’m expecting a yodel delivery today. The email I’ve got has a track your parcel link. Most useful. Apparently my parcel is out for delivery. Oh, there’s a map to help. It’s got an icon on it that very helpfully tells me where my local area is. But nothing else! Useless.

Interesting. I had one yesterday. Showed where he (for it was a he) was, the number of the delivery he was on, and the number of our delivery. All worked well.

Contrast with UPS's "by the end of the day" and it's superb. Apparently drivers make up their own routes, so no perdition of delivery can be made, nor is when the "end" of the day is indicated.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #476 on: 02 July, 2020, 04:18:15 pm »
Prediction, not perdition, methinks...

« Reply #477 on: 02 July, 2020, 04:39:07 pm »
Prediction, not perdition, methinks...

😄

« Reply #478 on: 02 July, 2020, 06:32:46 pm »
DPD are a useless bunch of twats so far 4 attempts to deliver of 2.ir
 Refused the package and 2 where I was no in despite me not only being In but on 2 occasions watching the van driving by making no attempt to stop
Complaint made to the company
Might get the package next week if I am lucky  >:(
the slower you go the more you see

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #479 on: 14 July, 2020, 11:39:56 pm »
Ordered a large toy for the man cave yesterday, next day delivery. Supplier did the biz and I got a tracking code from dx couriers (who are shit) yesterday evening. 
This morning the dx couriers (who are shit) web site showed the item unmoved.
This lunch time the dx couriers (who are shit) web site showed the item unmoved.
17:00 today the dx couriers (who are shit) web site showed the item unmoved.
Oh well, shrugs I, it was late into the depot and dx couriers (who are shit), are shit. Probably arrive tomorrow.

19:00 tonight a neighbour from the far, far end of our road called round to say he had a large parcel for me. On a pallet large.  dx couriers (who are shit) had abandoned it on his drive while he was out at work. I on the other hand was in my office all day at the front of the house.  Kind neighbours gaff is fully 200 meters from the intended, and very clearly printed on the box, destination. His address in the road is 8a, ours is SoreTween Cottage.  Almost identical?

If we still lived in Surrey the do-as-you-likeys would have had it away in a fraction of the time.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #480 on: 03 August, 2020, 07:54:55 am »
As UPS charge for collection, (see https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=83743.msg2493136#msg2493136), I often drop off packages at one the local stores that UPS pay to accept packages.

One in particular that is near here doesn't like accepting packages unless the collection will be on the same day.

Last year, the shop was closed when I went to work at 6:30 on a Friday before a bank holiday, when it was supposed to open at 6:00. I dropped the parcel off at 4:30 ish, and the shopkeeper told me to bring it back on Tuesday. I pointed out that I would be out of the country by then, so he reluctantly agreed to take it.

Last Saturday, he wouldn't take a parcel at 2:30 pm, as his collection wouldn't be until Monday and he told me to take it back and come back on Monday. I just took it to the next nearest drop-off point, where there was no hint of not wanting to accept it.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

« Reply #481 on: 03 August, 2020, 08:08:42 am »
We ordered one thing  to be delivered to Stepson for his birthday and posted a card with something else. 5-7 days in advance.

One order was from an olive farm in Spain; we also ordered some for ourselves.

Our delivery arrived in a box covered in cow shit. Literally covered in cow shit. One 5l bottle of olive oil cracked (very little had actually leaked.

The delivery for Stepson, who lives in Reading, has so far traveled to Dundee (after landing in the south of England) and is currently meandering, somewhat slower than an arthritic snail, back down the UK.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #482 on: 03 August, 2020, 08:11:35 am »
As UPS charge for collection, (see https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=83743.msg2493136#msg2493136), I often drop off packages at one the local stores that UPS pay to accept packages.

One in particular that is near here doesn't like accepting packages unless the collection will be on the same day.

Last year, the shop was closed when I went to work at 6:30 on a Friday before a bank holiday, when it was supposed to open at 6:00. I dropped the parcel off at 4:30 ish, and the shopkeeper told me to bring it back on Tuesday. I pointed out that I would be out of the country by then, so he reluctantly agreed to take it.

Last Saturday, he wouldn't take a parcel at 2:30 pm, as his collection wouldn't be until Monday and he told me to take it back and come back on Monday. I just took it to the next nearest drop-off point, where there was no hint of not wanting to accept it.

The obvious question is : Must you use UPS?     

Since they reduced their interest in collecting from domestic address some years ago, and charged for doing it, I voted with my feet (and I have always found UPS to be the top of the price range) 

I tend to use Hermes because there's a OneStop drop-off that's in walking distance from my home and it's open very long hours, they were a bit confused with a bike in abox but did take it! - or I look at the consolidator  Parcel2Go for deals

Rob

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #483 on: 03 August, 2020, 11:37:59 am »

Since they reduced their interest in collecting from domestic address some years ago, and charged for doing it, I voted with my feet (and I have always found UPS to be the top of the price range) 

I tend to use Hermes because there's a OneStop drop-off that's in walking distance from my home and it's open very long hours, they were a bit confused with a bike in abox but did take it! - or I look at the consolidator  Parcel2Go for deals

Excellent question.

In the UK I always tried to use Royal Mail. Here I use DHL. They seem the least incompetent. The only issue I have with them is there are about a dozen different DHL brands, DHL express, DHL connect etc... and all are different, and each has it's own customer service, and it's a right pain in the arse. But they seem to be reliable...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #484 on: 03 August, 2020, 01:06:18 pm »
I use the post office up to 2kg, and print my postage at home, which is convenient. Above 2kg, they get rapidly more expensive.

UPS also do home-printed labels, and generally work. I paid about £5.50 to ship 5 kg within the UK, next day.

I think I will just factor in drop-offs at the next drop-off point. It's only 800 m further away.

However I'll look at Hermes.
Quote from: Kim
Paging Diver300.  Diver300 to the GSM Trimphone, please...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #485 on: 03 August, 2020, 02:51:22 pm »
Drop It
Hide It
Leg* It

* alternatively, “Lie About It”, as the Aim 93 team of London South Bank University will readily attest

External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #486 on: 03 August, 2020, 02:53:37 pm »
Drop It
Hide It
Leg* It

* alternatively, “Lie About It”, as the Aim 93 team of London South Bank University will readily attest

I thought that was what became hermes? Hide it, Drop it, Nick it, Lose it,

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #487 on: 04 August, 2020, 04:03:32 pm »
Nasty shock with Hermes: ordered 5 items from that there 'bay on Tuesday last week. RM postie delivered 2 Thursday lunchtime; Hermes brought the other 3 in one go the same afternoon.
There was a a tracking link for Hermes but it was useless. Said something like 'at local depot out for delivery' from which I inferred that the depot was on the road somewhere.
As the route for the van is known before it leaves the depot, a text/email with an approximate time should be easy to supply.
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.

« Reply #488 on: 04 August, 2020, 05:47:51 pm »
Nasty shock with Hermes: ordered 5 items from that there 'bay on Tuesday last week. RM postie delivered 2 Thursday lunchtime; Hermes brought the other 3 in one go the same afternoon.
There was a a tracking link for Hermes but it was useless. Said something like 'at local depot out for delivery' from which I inferred that the depot was on the road somewhere.
As the route for the van is known before it leaves the depot, a text/email with an approximate time should be easy to supply.

Hmm, around here the “Hermes Lady” uses her own car, as do most of the Hermes deliveries. I guess yours was a branded van?  Oh, and perhaps, like UPS, the drivers can choose their own route? 

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #489 on: 04 August, 2020, 06:44:39 pm »
Makes sense; The Travelling Salesman Problem can effectively be solved in O(1) time by paying a fixed wage and offloading the time taken and fuel costs to the employee.

« Reply #490 on: 04 August, 2020, 07:11:21 pm »
They are not lovingly known as Herpes for no reason...

You don't know whether you are going to catch them or not!

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #491 on: 22 August, 2020, 05:00:33 pm »
Quote from: The very sh!te Yodel
We tried to deliver your parcel but couldn't access your property.

No.  No, you did not.  I was in all day.  I was tracking your minion all day.  When he was just round the corner I even came downstairs, that I might more easily hear the doorbell wot I mended the other day.  Your minion did not knock, nor ring, nor even leave a card.  You useless fucking basket cases >:(

I want my Shiny and I WANT IT NOW.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #492 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:19:08 am »
Estimated delivery date
Today
Stops before you

I'm watching you, Yodel...

(Eight hours laters)

Estimated delivery date
Today
Stops before you

My Shiny Thing has been in my possession for 45 minutes :facepalm:

You useless workshy twats.

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #493 on: 25 August, 2020, 04:04:13 pm »
On Saturday morning I got a email from DPD saying your parcel from "Beers Of Europe" will be delivered on Monday.
This prompted me to download the DPD app to my 'new' phone.  It anounced I had no deliveries but I have seen that before so I entered the tracking code. A good thing I did because it popped up and said your parcel will be delivered between 13:54 and 14:53 today (still Saturday). Which it was.

Good service. Bad information.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #494 on: 27 August, 2020, 07:21:59 am »
"Delivery attempted 25 August
Unfortunately, DHL ran into an issue when attempting your delivery. They will try again."

Utter cobblers, there was no point during that day that the house was empty, and another organisation based on a very large river managed to deliver me a shiny new webcam sucessfully on that day.

EDIT - pressing the "track" button suggests that it is still in Rogdau, DE one day after the attempted delivery, having been elsewhere, DE on the 25th.  That's bloody quick, DE-Fens-DE in two days
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #495 on: 27 August, 2020, 09:08:47 am »
River Co delivery was marked as 'handed to resident' at 16:00 ish on Tuesday.  Mrs Tween and I were both in and it sure wasn't handed to residents of this abode. After checking the usual spots around the front door and in the greenhouse I spent a delightful 20 minutes figuring out how to report non arrival.
Found next day under a bush at the end of the garden.  Rude words withheld as the courier had put it in a sealed plastic bag.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #496 on: 04 September, 2020, 08:18:28 pm »
DX.
Fair play yesterday they couldn't find the house and said so at 9am (so I didn't wait in all day)
Additional directions given "Google the street address not the postcode" and rearranged for today. At 6pm their site said variously (depending on how I access it)
Customer out, card left. Bullshit.
Redelivery Failed Customer.

Well they got the second one right, except that was tracked at midnight last night.

I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #497 on: 08 September, 2020, 08:36:54 am »
So FedEx can get soemthing to me today that was in Holland yesterday

Royal Mail Porcel Farce will be delivering something today that I ordered in the UK on Friday.

This is the status of a World Beating NationTM
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #498 on: 08 September, 2020, 09:24:26 am »
DPD yesterday: Balkar turns up on time to deliver something to my place of work, only it wasn't for us. I tell him a) the correct location that he needs to go to and b) that he has something (important) for me on his van. I know this, as DPD have told me so via text & email. Balkar then pretends to ferret about in the back of his van, only he can't (be bothered to) find it. 'I'll bring it later', he says. Only he doesn't. Twat. On top of that, he goes off to the wrong place to deliver the parcel he originally tried to deliver. Fuck knows where that ended up.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #499 on: 08 September, 2020, 02:39:09 pm »
DX.
Fair play yesterday they couldn't find the house and said so at 9am (so I didn't wait in all day)
Additional directions given "Google the street address not the postcode" and rearranged for today. At 6pm their site said variously (depending on how I access it)
Customer out, card left. Bullshit.
Redelivery Failed Customer.

Well they got the second one right, except that was tracked at midnight last night.
And again. Didn't even attempt to re-deliver today. (re-deliveries between 9am and 5pm, "card left" at 8.30am).
I've now told the seller I will not reschedule it until they confirm DX can actually deliver it.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick