Author Topic: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)  (Read 2923767 times)

Re: The RANT thread (often contains fruity language)
« Reply #23000 on: 10 April, 2021, 05:48:34 pm »
Surely sir you jest.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #23001 on: 10 April, 2021, 06:28:29 pm »
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #23002 on: 10 April, 2021, 07:54:41 pm »
Next week on “Points Of View”

Dear The BBC

Why oh why oh why did you allow your news channel to broadcast something as frivolous as Mark Commode's film review slot?  A MAN IS DEAD FOR GOD'S SAKE >:(  Have you no shame at all?  This isn’t why I pay my licence fee!  The person who scheduled this should be:
  • ashamed of themselves, and
  • shot
Yours furiously

Disgusted of ROYAL Tunbridge Wells (Mrs)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #23003 on: 10 April, 2021, 08:28:41 pm »
Dear Sir Madam Miss,

Last week I was a BIG cross because the cricket got rid of my Pointless. Now I am a HUGE cross because my GoogleBox is delayed.

Yours,

Mr Very Angry.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #23004 on: 10 April, 2021, 08:30:11 pm »
You wait till you hear about the Masterchef final.

Your piles will explode.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #23005 on: 10 April, 2021, 08:41:11 pm »
You wait till you hear about the Masterchef final.

Your piles will explode.

Mrs B is furious.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #23006 on: 10 April, 2021, 08:41:56 pm »
What, no green ink?
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #23007 on: 10 April, 2021, 08:45:21 pm »
Surely it would have been quite simple to dedicate one of their channels to Old Man Dead Watch for all the people who wanted keep hearing about it?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #23008 on: 10 April, 2021, 08:48:32 pm »
Surely it would have been quite simple to dedicate one of their channels to Old Man Dead Watch for all the people who wanted keep hearing about it?
This was the main thrust of the grink I sent.  Mind you I did use, by way of tribute to a notoriously bluntly spoken man, some rather pointed language in my electronic epistle.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #23009 on: 11 April, 2021, 09:41:13 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/contact/complaints/make-a-complaint/#/Complaint

Scroll to the bottom select a category then hit [continue]

Thanks! Here‘a my effort...

Dear The BBC,

After being inadvertently subjected to a few minutes of I Can See Your Voice last night, I implore you in the strongest possible terms to bring back the rolling news coverage of the demise of Prince Philip ASAP. Failing that, how about some Mrs Brown’s Boys repeats? Frankly, *anything* would be preferable to this new low in broadcasting standards.

Yours etc.

Citoyen
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #23010 on: 11 April, 2021, 10:35:24 am »
I read this morning that, along with closing down BBC4 with a redirect message to the news streams on BBC1/2, the same approach was taken with...... CBBC  ::-). FFS.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #23011 on: 11 April, 2021, 11:27:06 am »
The fucking royals (not forgetting the earls, barons, knights, viscounts, princes and all of the other 'aristocratic' cunts) are one of the few things to get me shouting at the radio. BSJ is, of course, another. Abolish the lot of them!
Thanks nicknack (and everyone else) for providing a bit of balance in this maelstrom of brainwashing mindfuckery.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #23012 on: 11 April, 2021, 11:42:01 am »
I have asked when they will be giving similar blanket coverage to significant political issues which affect every man, woman and child of the UK such as bozo breaking the rules on purdah, misleading parliament on a regular basis or investigating of the corruption in the allocation of contracts and jobs during the reign of this authoritarian government.

And, I have pointed out that they could have one dedicated tv and radio channel to Phil the Greek whilst catering for the majority of the population with scheming as usual.

An old man dies: we all will.  HM Queen and the family have my sympathy just as those left behind for any passing of a loved one does.  No need to go over the top about it.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #23013 on: 11 April, 2021, 09:03:22 pm »
A reminder that non-UK based news media have much less Philippage, even when they're branches of UK-based outlets (eg Graun international edition).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #23014 on: 11 April, 2021, 09:10:42 pm »
Dear The BBC,

After being inadvertently subjected to a few minutes of I Can See Your Voice last night, I implore you in the strongest possible terms to bring back the rolling news coverage of the demise of Prince Philip ASAP. Failing that, how about some Mrs Brown’s Boys repeats? Frankly, *anything* would be preferable to this new low in broadcasting standards.

I assume this means they've done something marginally more expensive and several orders of magnitude more dire than simply pointing a camera at an oscilloscope as the title suggests...

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #23015 on: 13 April, 2021, 10:11:50 pm »
Got an Android update notification on my mobile this morning and decided to let it do its thing, assuming it was just a routine patch. On restarting discovered I had been upgraded to Android 11.... no problem until I realise that all my photos have been deleted and the camera no longer functions. A bit of googling suggests this has happened to a few other people but didn't really give any helpful suggestions.
An email to Nokia support yielded a surprisingly quick response, telling me my SD card is probably incorrectly formatted (although it's been working fine for the last 2 years) and I need to go through a whole reformatting/factory resetting saga now. I suppose there is no option but I am not looking forward to the battle with setting up the microsoft authenticator again for work purposes, and whatever else I will undoubtedly lose despite having done the prescribed back up first.  Not a happy bunny.....

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #23016 on: 13 April, 2021, 10:22:21 pm »
I assume this means they've done something marginally more expensive and several orders of magnitude more dire than simply pointing a camera at an oscilloscope as the title suggests...

I watched a few minutes of it. Or rather, I was in the same room for a few minutes while it was on. My wife had the TV remote but she was too busy looking at her phone to notice how bad it was until I demanded she change the channel instantly if she didn't want a divorce.

The bit I saw was just a garbled cacophony of awfulness. I have no idea what was going on. It was horrible.

This review certainly doesn't make me want to give it another chance:
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2021/apr/10/bbc1-i-can-see-your-voice
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #23017 on: 21 April, 2021, 06:37:27 am »
Oi!
Seagulls!
My roof is not a bloody dry ski slope.
F.R.O!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #23018 on: 21 April, 2021, 12:37:42 pm »
What bloody muppets design cycling clothes? Or more specifically, why are they sized for emaciated mice?

In normal life - medium clothes stuff fits fine. I am medium height, normal BMI (just ha ha), 32in waist.

So of course the only bib shorts that fit are size XL

F.R.O bicycle clothing designers.

In fact - my Endura size medium cycling shorts don't even get over my bloody calves - my wife almost collapsed with laughter when I demonstrated!

« Reply #23019 on: 24 April, 2021, 04:04:00 pm »
Fucking FedEx. I ordered a Cycliq 12, and it eventually arrived, from Hong Kong. Then FedEx sent an invoice for duties. I paid by cc on their website. £52.82. Then some 6 weeks later I get another invoice - no reference as to what it’s for - for £52.84. I phone them. They can’t see my payment of £52.82, but assure me they’ll make sur3 it applie£ to the invoice, and tell me to email in th3 details and explanation. Now, 2 weeks later I get another fucking copy of the same invoice, and the threat of debt collectors. Time to write to the Grauniad money pages.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #23020 on: 11 May, 2021, 09:42:48 am »
Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Incompetent project manager starts the day by chasing me for the work I sent in on Sunday evening (not due to till end of Monday), meanwhile the file I'm supposed to be editing today is missing. It was supposed to be finished yesterday but there's a long deadline so I didn't worry about it yesterday, I'd rather give them more time to do a decent job. But today it's still not there. "Can you chase the writer please?" "Oh yes, try now." Evidently she (PM) had already received the file but not uploaded it (which writer should really do anyway), cos now I could see it – but in the "target" file that I'm supposed to upload it to when I'm finished, and where I can't download from!  >:( Eventually PM sent it as an attachment... I'm wonder if she'd actually written it too (unlikely but occasionally happens)... It's the right document but has been misnamed too.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #23021 on: 11 May, 2021, 10:03:28 am »
Another night with tawny owls parked outside my bedroom window hooting loudly. Followed up by hooting when I am out in the garden.

The local wildlife mocks me and I am sleep deprived.
Loving life in France (53 - Mayenne)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #23022 on: 11 May, 2021, 09:47:24 pm »
Oi, Nationwide Credit Card services! Why can't you be like other people's credit card providers and phone/otherwise contact me to let me know you think there's something up with my account, rather than just stopping the damn thing and letting stuff get denied?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #23023 on: 11 May, 2021, 10:40:47 pm »
Got to love banks for that. A while back, when I ran my own company, I had a HSBC corporate credit card. It only ever got used for one supplier, who happened to be foreign. Always the same payment amount (about £2k), to so same payee, a few times a month. For several years. And I paid the bill in full every month.

Every three or four months HSBC would put a stop on it for "suspicious transactions" without warning.

Similarly Barclaycard - I used to travel regularly to Sweden (typically every other week). The card was used for the same taxi companies in the UK and Sweden. The same one or two hotels, the same restaurants/bars, the same train company.  That would also get stopped - luckily the bar that I usually ate in knew me very well, so it wasn't too embarrassing when the card wouldn't authorise. And I did have the fun of having the Barclaycard staff trying to read out the transactions to see if I recognised them (things like Skånetrafiken).

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #23024 on: 13 May, 2021, 04:46:48 pm »
What is it that anyone dealing with our money has such one sided operating practices? On the 8th April, after much thinking I pressed the ‘I want to start drawing my pension’ button. This button is surrounded by dire warnings that once you press this button you can’t change your mind and after you’ve pressed it you get asked if your really sure. You get the picture I’m sure.

I then received an email confirming I’d pressed the button of no return and that in order to proceed they needed my signature on a physical piece of paper. They said that they’d send me the form in the post but please be aware it could take us up to a whole month. Oh, and then it could take us three months to process it and start paying you.

You know what’s coming don’t you. No form. Nothing. Nada. So I decide to log on to the pensions portal to see if that can tell me. Computer say no. ‘We’ve taken the pension portal down to upgrade it. We hope to have it back on line W/c 25th May. I would have been sacked for even submitting a project plan with an outage of two weeks, let alone one with a targeted maximum of two weeks. And can I get through to the help line? Can I fuck. They’re quick enough to point out any none qualifying time you might have in your employment, but completely shit at meeting there laughably lax targets in paying out. Bastards. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.