Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1739801 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #15750 on: 02 December, 2020, 06:31:13 pm »
yep -setting off in teh next 20 mins...  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #15751 on: 02 December, 2020, 06:37:53 pm »
Sorry folks I won’t be with you this evening.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15752 on: 08 December, 2020, 09:50:33 am »
Another Substantial Meal this week?

« Reply #15753 on: 08 December, 2020, 11:43:50 am »
Sorry, Tom - can’t make this week EDIT: Happy Birthday, too.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15754 on: 09 December, 2020, 04:07:42 pm »
Sorry, Tom - can’t make this week EDIT: Happy Birthday, too.

:thumbsup: Thanks! Been out and done my 'Helpers' Ride' for the Stansted Airport Express today - not too bad a day, with the only remaining flood at the railway bridge in Takeley Street, which I avoided by going up onto the Flitch Way for a bit of squelchy Comedy Off-Roading. Met and chatted briefly to Despeuch near Ranks Green, then an early lunch of a very posh Garnetts Farm bacon sarnie (with avocado!) at The Snug in High Easter. Other than that I was running on birthday cake for the rest of the ride.

I'll save myself for a Christmas MEMWNS then? By the way, I can't make next Wednesday as it's Soupy's birthday, though we might go to the Compasses anyway.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #15755 on: 09 December, 2020, 05:07:16 pm »
I was going to suggest The OT for tonight but I haven't got round to sampling their substantial meal menu yet - might give it a go later this week.... I'm not sure I can do another £30 wednesday night though, that was an unexpected blow out for my budget for the month!  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15756 on: 23 December, 2020, 04:32:00 pm »
Well, Wednesday has come around again ...

Apparently Uttlesford is going into Tier 4 on Boxing Day, along with Essex Borders and other bits and pieces that were in #2. On the bright side, we don't have to be creative about how we leave the district - hey, the whole of Saaf Essex is open to us! And we're on another lap of the Sun - no stopping us, heading for Spring now!

I've run out of Christmas preparation duties for now and have even had time for some bike fettling this afternoon, hence the good mood. Stay cheerful and safe everybody.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15757 on: 23 December, 2020, 04:38:57 pm »
Yeah, Merry Christmas everyone and let's keep our fingers crossed for an improving 2021.

« Reply #15758 on: 23 December, 2020, 11:47:29 pm »
Hello chaps,
Yes, let's look forward to 2021 and hope things improve quickly. Its been a pleasure getting to know you guys and I hope you all have an enjoyable Christmas and a relaxing break. Thank you all for the warm welcome in this very odd year!
All the best,Nick.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15759 on: 24 December, 2020, 04:42:11 am »
 :-*

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #15760 on: 24 December, 2020, 10:40:30 am »
Well, Wednesday has come around again ...

Apparently Uttlesford is going into Tier 4 on Boxing Day, along with Essex Borders and other bits and pieces that were in #2. On the bright side, we don't have to be creative about how we leave the district - hey, the whole of Saaf Essex is open to us! And we're on another lap of the Sun - no stopping us, heading for Spring now!

I've run out of Christmas preparation duties for now and have even had time for some bike fettling this afternoon, hence the good mood. Stay cheerful and safe everybody.

Yep- a positive certainly is opening up of North Essex to us again, I was surprised to see how close the T4 border was when I went out the other day, Couldn't even go to Good Easter and my trip to see the Alpacas at Clatterford End danced in and out of the actual border as I cycled along the road! (as I found out after I looked at where the border was)

Regards,

Joergen

rob

« Reply #15761 on: 24 December, 2020, 01:09:07 pm »
I hadn’t noticed until later on but I dipped into Tier 4 on my loop that runs through Rayne.  Anyway that becomes academic in a few days.

I’m lacking motivation a bit.  I also realised I had been pretty anti-social when I bumped into Soupy last Sunday.  I need to put a bit more effort in.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15762 on: 13 January, 2021, 08:40:02 am »
It's very cold, dark and lonely in here!  Another Wednesday comes round. :(

But I have built my new chicken run and coop last week ...

« Reply #15763 on: 13 January, 2021, 08:48:59 am »
No doubt compliant with the new rules on keeping birds.

I had that pleasure just before Xmas but the hens look happy in their new under cover enclosure.

Are planning any virtual MEMWNs events ?
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15764 on: 13 January, 2021, 08:52:25 am »

We could do, is this evening too soon?  Paging Captain Zoom...

« Reply #15765 on: 13 January, 2021, 09:01:08 am »
No doubt compliant with the new rules on keeping birds.

I had that pleasure just before Xmas but the hens look happy in their new under cover enclosure.

Maybe we need a chicken section and all my hens are currently contained but this was as much to do with the fox that took advantage of the school behind my house being closed in lock down MK1 to visit my garden (no hens lost thankfully) as the bird flu

« Reply #15766 on: 13 January, 2021, 09:23:36 am »
Hello chaps,
Sorry, I have been very anti-social lately but just busy, what with Christmas, etc. Anyway, I hope we can get together soon, and I haven't been out on the bike since before Christmas!
Promise to do better in future.
All the best,Nick.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #15767 on: 13 January, 2021, 09:32:30 am »

Not sure if I'll be there myself this evening, maybe later on if still going.
I've set up this Virtual MEMWNS Zoom Meeting for you.  It's available to use any time, not just Wednesday evenings.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15768 on: 13 January, 2021, 09:33:24 am »
Hello chaps,
Sorry, I have been very anti-social lately but just busy, what with Christmas, etc. Anyway, I hope we can get together soon, and I haven't been out on the bike since before Christmas!
Promise to do better in future.
All the best,Nick.

I haven't been out on my bike(s) since the end of November and have no immediate plans to do so in the foreseeable - although I have started running again.

« Reply #15769 on: 13 January, 2021, 09:39:01 am »
Careful you lot, you’ll soon be staring at a bunch of tubes and wheels in your shed and trying and failing to form a word to describe them...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15770 on: 13 January, 2021, 11:46:26 am »

Not sure if I'll be there myself this evening, maybe later on if still going.
I've set up this Virtual MEMWNS Zoom Meeting for you.  It's available to use any time, not just Wednesday evenings.

What time were we thinking of virtually meeting?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15771 on: 13 January, 2021, 12:50:17 pm »

:thumbsup: I might even go out in the rain this afternoon. 7pm meeting?

The DEFRA chicken rules are interesting ... I think I was non-compliant with more than a few of them, eg: by feeding them food scraps - doh, isn't that the point of the feathered waste-disposal units?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15772 on: 13 January, 2021, 07:05:10 pm »
Well I did go out in the rain this afternoon, and surprisingly I saw quite a few cyclists out and about round Bardfield. Happy to meet on Zoom tonight if anyone is about...

« Reply #15773 on: 13 January, 2021, 07:07:01 pm »
Sorry - can’t join as off on a ride in the rain - need to clear my head!

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #15774 on: 18 January, 2021, 08:03:33 pm »
Take care of your machines - don't assume you will be able to get hold of even the basic spares! I started looking at restocking transmission spares for my machines, then went looking into wheel components.

Between international political brinkmanship (Brexit) and government initiave (grants for resurection of old bikes using basic parts up quicker than any business could ever plan for) we have a supply chain crisis, anything that is left in stock (ie Wiggle etc still have it) in this country is OK, if you need something that the last containers from China etc have run out of, or were planning on buying from the low countries, forget it 'til someone not in government works out what the rules are and who/how to pay the relevant taxes. Then allow for long shipping times.
Most German and Dutch companies are refusing to ship to GB due to having to register for VAT in the UK. If anyone wants to waste their life defining the difference between the UK and GB please carry on (I don't care). And the shipping companies are charging for their extra costs.

Meanwhile the majority of the resurected bikes will have done a few miles before being returned to the garden sheds to rot now its cold and wet again.