Author Topic: ACME Post-LEL Party and Tomsk's Birthday Bash - All Welcome!  (Read 4958 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
Ok, lets have a get-together after 'The Long One' - absolutely everyone welcome: riders, volunteers, all our cycling and non-cycling chums, offspring, WAGs and HABs. And, it's my Big Birthday in December, so I would like to have an 'Official' summer birthday like Her Maj, not a rubbish cold, dark and wet day in winter this time, thank you!

'Bring and Share' BBQ/picnic at our house [and garden].

These are the possible dates:

Sat 12th August
Sun 13th

Sat 19th

Sat 26th
Sun 27th
Mon 28th
[Though this is the Bank Holiday & Mildenhall weekend]

I'd vote for the 12th, but... any thoughts?

Re: ACME Post-LEL Party and Tomsk's Birthday Bash - All Welcome!
« Reply #1 on: 12 July, 2017, 08:53:21 am »
 :thumbsup: 12th sounds great, just before my return to work.

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #2 on: 13 July, 2017, 08:59:36 pm »
Sounds exactly what we need to do!! 
12th or 13th is good for me, 19th is the R&R, bank holiday weekend also possible.
Advantage of 12th is we might still all remember very clearly how knackered we felt (and I am definitely expecting that as a volunteer!) before the rosy glow of partial forgetfulness sets in.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 13 July, 2017, 09:17:31 pm »
12th looks to be the popular choice  :thumbsup:

Oh and by the way: No, absolutely no presents, just your lovely selves, [& some food and drink] is all that is required.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4 on: 14 July, 2017, 06:12:29 am »
We were a "definitely not" for the 12th.  We are now a "possible" - fingers crossed!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 14 July, 2017, 09:58:56 am »
Why not have a party that lasts all week?  :thumbsup:

We have some family commitments around that time (daughter over from Aus) and I'm not sure of dates, but if it's one that suits us, we would love to come.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
We'll go with Saturday 12th August. From 12 noon until whenever.

Firstly, let me know by email or pm if you're likely to attend, then...

secondly, what food you might bring - your 'signature dish', or [especially if coming by bike], something from Dorringtons [bakers] or the Co-op in Dunmow you could pick up on arrival. And alcohol of course. We'll provide the BBQ meat and bread, condiments etc.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #7 on: 23 July, 2017, 09:33:19 pm »
Ah. That's us out then, sadly. There's a camping weekend to celebrate 10 years of the Helios Circe and we are going to it. It's near Newmarket.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: 07 August, 2017, 07:28:21 am »
Oh and by the way: No, absolutely no presents, just your lovely selves, [& some food and drink] is all that is required.

Just a reminder - let me know if you're definitely coming & I'll pm/email asap with some sort of food plan. There's limited camping space on the lawn if anyone wants to drink themselves into oblivion and stay over. I'll be getting a polypin in, but drink contributions welcome. If you ride over you could go shopping for supplies when you get here.

Bike parking signage will direct up the alley & round the back, as if the weather is ok we'll all be out in the garden and won't hear the front door.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #9 on: 07 August, 2017, 12:56:48 pm »
I'll be there, transport method and overnight accommodation TBD (but no lawn camping space will be required).
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #10 on: 07 August, 2017, 01:28:30 pm »
I'll be there, transport method and overnight accommodation TBD (but no lawn camping space will be required).

Ditto here, suspect I will be team car assisted at some point (not sure if that might be on teh return or both directions...)
Regards,

Joergen

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #11 on: 07 August, 2017, 02:05:56 pm »
Ah. That's us out then, sadly. There's a camping weekend to celebrate 10 years of the Helios Circe and we are going to it. It's near Newmarket.

This is no longer true! I'd like to come, please, but Jan has to find out whether she is wielding a spinning wheel that day or not.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: 07 August, 2017, 05:33:45 pm »
This is no longer true! I'd like to come, please, but Jan has to find out whether she is wielding a spinning wheel that day or not.

You're very welcome Wow.  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #13 on: 07 August, 2017, 05:48:55 pm »
If we do manage to attend I reserve the right to break the no presents rule  :demon:

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #14 on: 07 August, 2017, 07:29:26 pm »
If we do manage to attend I reserve the right to break the no presents rule  :demon:

It's going to be socks, isn't it  ;D

« Reply #15 on: 07 August, 2017, 07:48:25 pm »
I'm up for a double celebration party on Saturday. Let me know what to bring....I could even bake things if that would help.

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: 08 August, 2017, 06:23:54 am »
I'm up for a double celebration party on Saturday. Let me know what to bring....I could even bake things if that would help.

Baking is good  :thumbsup: We'll take pot-luck, any contribution welcome.

BTW folks, a trip to Maldon for a couple of minipins is on the cards...you might want to bring a tankard.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #17 on: 09 August, 2017, 12:04:20 pm »
Noted.

I am intending to bring along a couple of zip-up DHB cycling tops I bought yonks ago and have never worn. They still have the card labels on. Not enough Xs for me, I'm afraid. Free to good homes.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18 on: 10 August, 2017, 11:13:43 am »

This no presents rule is clearly nonsense, if anyone deserves presents on his fake birthday it has to be our Tomsk.  To this end I have made a purchase, and said purchase very much fits in the "what you buy the man who has everything" bracket.  Tomsk needn't worry, his mystery present is second-hand from an Oxfam shop so a good cause has been supported.  I haven't broken the bank either, not that Tomsk isn't worth spending loads on.  I would encourage everyone to follow suit  ;D   :demon:

Hopefully I can make the bash on Saturday, if not Tomsk can have his present one Wednesday evening in the near future, what I have purchased is just about transportable by bike  :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
« Reply #19 on: 11 August, 2017, 10:23:33 pm »
I now have two tradespersons arriving at different times tomorrow and it's unlikely that I will be there.

« Reply #20 on: 12 August, 2017, 09:13:03 am »

This no presents rule is clearly nonsense, if anyone deserves presents on his fake birthday it has to be our Tomsk.  To this end I have made a purchase, and said purchase very much fits in the "what you buy the man who has everything" bracket.  Tomsk needn't worry, his mystery present is second-hand from an Oxfam shop so a good cause has been supported.  I haven't broken the bank either, not that Tomsk isn't worth spending loads on.  I would encourage everyone to follow suit  ;D   :demon:

I have procured an item which may please the great man, at an expense trifling compared to its aptness, from a local branch of a fam-de-ox. I will also take cake made by these fair hands - bathed in copius liquid of antibacterial agents prior to the making thereof - and aim to join the fair soiree around five bells.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #21 on: 13 August, 2017, 02:33:37 pm »
Great get-together at chez Tomsk yesterday, thanks Tom !
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #22 on: 13 August, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »
Yes indeedy!!!  Thanks Tomsk, how are the bongo skillz developing???

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #23 on: 14 August, 2017, 08:38:19 am »
Thank all for coming and the lovely food & drink contributions, un-birthday presis, Deniece's trophies for riders and helpers and so on  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was BRILL to see you all and talk LEL all over again. The boys like the bongos too btw OD...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #24 on: 14 August, 2017, 08:43:13 am »
Thank all for coming and the lovely food & drink contributions, un-birthday presis, Deniece's trophies for riders and helpers and so on  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It was BRILL to see you all and talk LEL all over again. The boys like the bongos too btw OD...

;D