Author Topic: Re: Koolstop salmon pads - where can I get...  (Read 1783 times)

Re: Koolstop salmon pads - where can I get...
« on: 20 April, 2008, 09:43:35 pm »
1) MTB pads to fit V-brakes with a typical canti clamp, i.e. an unthreaded post?

2) Eagle II pads with threaded attachment system?

Neither Wiggle nor Spa seem to have these.

Has anyone any other UK sources or workarounds?

OK I'm replying to my own thread :o .

The good news is that Amba import Supra2 pads, which are exactly what I needed (item 2). Moreover LBS managed to extract a couple of pairs for me from Amba. I collected them yesterday ;D.

Not all went smoothly. I agreed to pay the shipping costs since it was a small order - a no-brainer since any other option would have been more expensive. I'll skip the details, since the result has not been the best example of the cost-effectiveness of the capitalist system. Also there is a commercial 'negotiation', which does not involve me directly, that is still in progress.

I am one happy bunny ;D.

LBS {Scotts Cycles in Hall Green, Brum} is an excellent LBS :). However, I was advised not to invite my friends to buy Kool Stop brake blocks from them ;)

Chris N

« Reply #1 on: 20 April, 2008, 10:32:24 pm »
Can you get me some?  I want some Salmon V-brake inserts (Shimano fit) and some Salmon Eagle II with plain posts for cantis.  And the moon onna stick  ;)

« Reply #2 on: 20 April, 2008, 11:15:21 pm »
Are your V-brake holders available with plain posts?

Chris N

« Reply #3 on: 21 April, 2008, 08:34:58 am »
Dunno.  I do have two sets of NOS Shimano Deore LX M-System pads and holders in the spares box.  I might try these next and see how they do.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #4 on: 21 April, 2008, 08:39:56 am »
I've always been able to get Kool-Stops from Wiggle.  I even got some for a Belgian guy on r.b.t. because he couldn't find them over there.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.