Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 146201 times)

menthel

• Jim is my real, actual name
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #125 on: 09 December, 2015, 01:11:42 pm »
Amazon very kindly left a couple of parcels in my "safe place". I haven't specified one but apparently that is in my bin wedged up against the front door on its side. Luckily it was only a monitor lead and a mouse mat.

« Reply #126 on: 09 December, 2015, 01:27:10 pm »
Royal Mail if they cant deliver because we aren't in and it needs signing for kindly leave the parcel at the post office - in a village 15 miles away !
There is a market town with a post office 5 miles away but they don't use that for some unknown reason.

Last Christmas I did the 30 mile round trip to find I had to sign for a Christmas card that an aged aunt hadn't put the correct postage on .....
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #127 on: 09 December, 2015, 01:39:19 pm »
Royal Mail if they cant deliver because we aren't in and it needs signing for kindly leave the parcel at the post office - in a village 15 miles away !
There is a market town with a post office 5 miles away but they don't use that for some unknown reason.

Last Christmas I did the 30 mile round trip to find I had to sign for a Christmas card that an aged aunt hadn't put the correct postage on .....

Where I am Parcel Force are the only ones that leave stuff at the post office (0.5 miles away). Everyone else has depots in Penrith/Carlisle which means a >2hr, and 100 mile round trip to collect any parcels.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #128 on: 14 December, 2015, 05:36:59 pm »
Un-shite courier:

I ordered an item of jewellery from South Uist at lunchtime yesterday.
It arrived in this morning's post at my work.

RM Special Delivery.

I was looking around for an Xmas present, and based on this, I looked up said jewellers and ordered a necklace. I hope to have as good a courier experience.

« Reply #129 on: 15 December, 2015, 02:01:59 pm »
so it begins............

pre-delivery email.

Your item will be delivered before 12.00 today

It's just turned 2.00pm and it's not here.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #130 on: 15 December, 2015, 02:36:46 pm »
Nobody has a clue who the driver is today on this route.
They don't have his phone number ( considering they don't know who he is*, this was obvious )

this is the same courier who delivered my last bike to the other end of the country.

*bollox

I ordered something else from Belgium yesterday. It was delivered at lunchtime today.
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #131 on: 15 December, 2015, 02:45:04 pm »
Un-shite courier: RM Special Delivery.
Those packets get extra special care from yer postie. I had to sign individually for them and it was a very high priority to get them there before 1pm, even at the expense of delivering other stuff later.
Last Christmas I did the 30 mile round trip to find I had to sign for a Christmas card that an aged aunt hadn't put the correct postage on...
I used to tell people I delivered those grey cards to that if it were for that amount, the reason was almost certainly the same as you described. I then said it was up to them to judge if the trip to the sorting office was worthwhile.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #132 on: 15 December, 2015, 03:28:43 pm »
just had a phone call, they've tried to deliver it this morning.

Like F***

I've had 8 other deliveries today. I've been sat here waiting for this one, it's the only one on an a.m. delivery. He'll see if he's got time to deliver on his way home, twat.

DX strikes again!!!!!!!

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #133 on: 15 December, 2015, 05:09:24 pm »
Bloody postie woke me up this morning - I've never got out of bed and down two flights of stairs so quickly.  He'd already put the card through the letterbox but I managed to get the front door open before he'd seen himself off the premises.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #134 on: 15 December, 2015, 06:29:27 pm »
FUCK ME!

It's arrived damaged. The handlebars have smacked the top tube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #135 on: 16 December, 2015, 01:03:16 am »
 :-X
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #136 on: 16 December, 2015, 01:49:01 pm »
Another farce with Wiggle on the go. They are the most unhelpful people I've ever dealt with. I've told them to delete my account. Once this is dealt with I will never even buy a tube from them, never, ever ever again. I've just checked my yearly spend with them, it's lots. If it was their business/money they were losing, the new one would be here tomorrow.

They want this one back to 'check it'. They won't post the other out until this is okayed. The other has got to be prepped then sent out. Can't guarantee next week because they're 'busy', so we're looking at after new year. It's policy, they do this with everyone.

So that's CRC and Wiggle that have shafted me bikes.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #137 on: 16 December, 2015, 06:09:19 pm »
I think this is time for John to mention LBSs ;)

Sorry to hear about your bike bumper

« Reply #138 on: 16 December, 2015, 06:43:37 pm »
I use my lbs, he just couldn't get the bike I wanted. His are also 3 times the cost and carbon with a curved top tube, which I've just sold  :(

I got a bit shitty on the phone earlier, which didn't help.  I just got sick of hearing 'it's our policy' after every single one of my sentences. They haven't been willing to give any help whatsoever. I was told one thing yesterday and a completely different thing today. I'm still waiting for them to ring me about the collection of this thing, it's filling the entire room. That means my wife is also giving me aggro!

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #139 on: 16 December, 2015, 08:25:59 pm »
This time Royal Mail. I have a notification that one present I've ordered was posted 1st class on the 9th. It's still not here. The present (which I needed tomorrow) seems to have disappeared into the ether.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #140 on: 16 December, 2015, 09:35:12 pm »
I think this is time for John to mention LBSs ;)

Sorry to hear about your bike bumper

How many times have you composed a reply and then deleted it rather than posting . . . ?

This is the first time someone else posted what I'd deleted 2 or 3 times already.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #141 on: 17 December, 2015, 04:23:14 pm »
I think it's being sorted out.

After lots of ''discussion' :-\

It's just got to be delivered without getting damaged by some nobber driver.

« Reply #142 on: 17 December, 2015, 05:32:58 pm »
If you get the option, ask for UPS. I deal with most of the firms and UPS are by far the most professional of our motley bunch. YMMV.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #143 on: 18 December, 2015, 02:41:01 pm »
parcelforce fuckwits left a box clearly marked as from Roche Diabetes care my back doorstep with no card through the door.  Don't know when it was left there as I've not been out the back door since Wednesday
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #144 on: 18 December, 2015, 02:49:29 pm »
If you get the option, ask for UPS. I deal with most of the firms and UPS are by far the most professional of our motley bunch. YMMV.

I imagine it'll be the same delivery idiots. I may go and collect it from the depot, they'll probably stick it on another van just to piss me off.

After being a complete disaster, my complaining may have sorted this out. I've moaned via email and phone every hour, well every other hour. Being a Mr. Nice Guy doesn't get you anywhere in life, I may start being shitty with everything that goes t!ts up.

My new shiny should be here Monday or Tuesday...................

« Reply #145 on: 18 December, 2015, 07:38:48 pm »
Is there actually a 'recommended courier' thread?

Seriously... I want to send a folding bike in a box and as I have never sent a bike before could do with some helpful pointers :)
“They deem me mad because I will not sell my days for gold; and I deem them mad because they think my days have a price.” ― Khalil Gibran

« Reply #146 on: 18 December, 2015, 07:45:43 pm »
Avoid DPD, Hermes, Yodel, UK Mail, Interlink.

UPS and Parcelforce have dedicated vans to handle larger stuff and their drivers I deal with are salaried and not paid per parcel. The ones above seem to be self-employed and paid per delivery, so speed is more important than quality to them.

I know you want it fast, but if you can wait a while after xmas the quality of delivery will increase significantly as all the self employed chancers will have been laid off.

« Reply #147 on: 18 December, 2015, 07:51:31 pm »
My experience of Hermes is nothing other than faultless.
I appreciate that YMMV.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #148 on: 19 December, 2015, 10:57:48 am »
Porcelfarce did once righteously bugger up a delivery for me, resulting in the item making an unecessary trip from Walthamstow to Harlow.

Via Seattle :facepalm:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #149 on: 19 December, 2015, 11:32:32 am »
Harlow/Seattle. Easy mistake to make.  ;D
We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. We should do twice as much listening as talking.