Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 143971 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #325 on: 18 February, 2018, 06:42:38 am »
one USAnian delivery service, "OnTrac", hires drivers who think that our gate posts -- about 500 feet away from our house -- are the front door, and leave packages out there.  They also seem to be trained to believe cardboard boxes are waterproof.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #326 on: 09 March, 2018, 02:23:01 pm »
DPD.

I ordered a drone from a company in Manchester on Tuesday and by Wednesday their order system showed the order as completed a few hours later the DPD tracking system acknowledged the tracking number and that they had 'received details of your order' and the Where has your parcel been showed Manchester and Your parcel is on its way.

As I was not at home yesterday I used their tracking system to tell them this and that I'd like delivery today, so their system now shows that my parcel will be delivered today. But as nothing else has changed on their system, I'm not confident that the parcel will arrive today, which is a shame because its a birthday present to me (from me :D) for tomorrow.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #327 on: 29 March, 2018, 09:50:43 am »
Parcel Farce

I got a txt this morning telling me that Gary will deliver my package between 08:00 and 09:00.  For the best part of the past hour Gary's van is showing on the live tracker as being just around the corner. 

Fucktards.  Liars.  Scum.    >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(  >:(

« Reply #328 on: 29 March, 2018, 10:45:38 am »
So, live tracking is now not working.  They cannot contact the driver and thus they have no idea when my parcel will be delivered.

The manager was most put out when I emphasised that I wished to complain about their shite tracking process and erroneous information and NOT about the driver who is presumably out doing his job.  Oh, and about the call that I will undoubtedly have to pay for chasing them up.

As I type I get a call from Kirsty at Coventry.  She was very apologetic and tells me that in fact my parcel will not be delivered before 1:30p.m. and that the van is nowhere near me at present in spite of the fictional live tracker.   WTF ???

Naturally I thanked Kirsty for being very helpful and emphasised once again the basis of my complaint which she can put directly into the system for me.  Contradicts earlier information from 'customer service'. 

Parcel Farce indeed. 

« Reply #329 on: 29 March, 2018, 10:55:21 am »
The most obvious answer is that the parcel wasn't actually in Gary's van as it was supposed to be.

The live tracker (of Gary's van, not your parcel) was almost certainly correct as Gary was probably stopped just around the corner searching his van for your parcel which should have been there as you were next on his list of drops.

It's probably in another van (or back at the depot) hence the later delivery time.

They cannot contact the driver and thus they have no idea when my parcel will be delivered.

Translated: "They've spoken to the driver and the driver can't find the parcel."
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #330 on: 29 March, 2018, 12:16:57 pm »
Well, I could see this but the very fact that the tracker put the van round the corner for an hour, we checked twice and it wasn't there makes me think that this isn't the case.

« Reply #331 on: 29 March, 2018, 02:18:52 pm »
The surly Gary just arrived.  Good call Greenbank insofar as at 8:30 this morning he was just around the corner and that he 'had to go somewhere else' for reason(s) not specified.

Why the tracker showed him there for over an hour remains a mystery.

« Reply #332 on: 29 March, 2018, 02:36:59 pm »

The tracker page will just show the position of the last update received. It's not "live" live. My guess is that he was there, couldn't find the package and hit some button that disabled further location updates whilst it was all sorted out (probably to hide the fact he was returning to the depot). The website is just showing the location of his last update. Back at the depot he would have got it sorted, enabled the location updates again and he suddenly jumps to being on his route.

There's plenty of reasons why you wouldn't put exact tracking information on the Internet. For example, if you could see exactly where his drops were you'd have a good chance of finding a bunch of parcels left in bin sheds or on doorsteps.

Anyway, glad it's sorted.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

fuzzy

« Reply #333 on: 29 March, 2018, 11:30:06 pm »
The surly Gary just arrived.  Good call Greenbank insofar as at 8:30 this morning he was just around the corner and that he 'had to go somewhere else' for reason(s) not specified.

When I first read that I thought Polar Bear had just taken delivery of a new fat bike........

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #334 on: 30 March, 2018, 11:28:56 am »
That 'working in a bike shop' thing is getting to you . . .  ;D

It's all good.  :thumbsup:
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #335 on: 30 March, 2018, 11:44:20 am »

When I first read that I thought Polar Bear had just taken delivery of a new fat bike........

Nope  A new pair of bins.  Lovely they are too.  Opticron Countryman 12x50.   I think that I may have got the last pair.   8)

I know what some knowledgeable folk will say about lens ratios and field of vision but actually these bins do what I need them for and that's the very important bit.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #336 on: 30 March, 2018, 11:52:56 am »
I know what some knowledgeable folk will say about lens ratios and field of vision but actually these bins do what I need them for and that's the very important bit.   :thumbsup:
Our very serious birdwatching friends never recommend specific binoculars. They always say to go and try out as many as you can and find the ones which work for you. And this is from someone who will spend £1500 on bits of kit.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

« Reply #337 on: 30 March, 2018, 06:54:02 pm »
We get our bins from the council . Red green and black  ;)
the slower you go the more you see

« Reply #338 on: 30 March, 2018, 08:09:18 pm »
We get our bins from the council . Red green and black  ;)

My bins are see-through!

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #339 on: 07 April, 2018, 06:41:47 am »
Ordered two things last week. From the same supplier, on the same order. They were given one tracking number. That tracking number showed on the tracking page as 1 box, to be delivered by Yodel. My heart sunk; as most likely I was now set on a course of anger management spread over 12 hours, with added missing postcard.

In the middle of the day the doorbell rang and one box was delivered by a DPD driver. I asked the driver about the other box. Shaky head time.

Some time later the door bell rang again and an unbranded delivery service delivered the second box, just as I was checking the tracking of the parcel again.

A little while later the door bell rang again and the same driver delivered another box, from a different supplier, that he’d forgotten.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #340 on: 07 April, 2018, 07:00:12 am »
As long as they all get delivered whilst Mrs Jaded is still at work you can count it as a success  ;)

« Reply #341 on: 23 April, 2018, 01:15:41 pm »
Just had a hit and run from DPD

I was upstairs changing the bed linen when the doorbell went. By the time I'd got down stairs and opened the front door a sorry we missed you note had been posted and the driver and van had gone. Must have been all of 40 seconds.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #342 on: 23 April, 2018, 01:53:43 pm »
I am expecting DPD between 14.12 and 15.12.

I am watching driver's progress and will migrate to door when it's 3 stops away.

I may be some time...

ETA 1) 14.00  Still waiting. I am #77. Scant van progress with #76 less than a mile away.

ETA 2) 15.15 States parcel was delivered and signed for at 15.05 by 'VBAR' who is unknown to us...
On hold, phoning DPD...

ETA 3) 16.04 Item arrived at 16.00. I had spent AGES on hold to DPD by then. No phone numbers are given on their website; had to resort to Google Maps for that.

« Reply #343 on: 05 May, 2018, 10:48:57 am »
I had to return my Wahoo Bolt to Wiggle to be replaced under warranty (already agreed with Wahoo), so I used their CollectPlus returns service.

Took the parcel to a CollectPlus store last Sunday morning & it was collected from there on Sunday evening.  Since then it's been sitting in their warehouse for 5 days and say it won't be delivered to Wiggle until Tuesday at the earliest. 

When I spoke to their CS chap I was told that for companies like Wiggle they will allow returns to build up until they fill a container (or whatever) to make fewer trips.  Great from their point of view but not from mine!

Even allowing for the bank holiday on Monday, that's a total of 9 days to deliver a package from central London to wherever Wiggle are (not far, I assume).  That's crap IMO.
The sound of one pannier flapping

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #344 on: 21 May, 2018, 09:27:24 pm »
Was supposed to be receiving   a signed for package from Wiggle today ( a 1L bottle of joe's no tubes sealant).

Watching the yodel tracking webpage count down till I'm the 2nd in line for delivery.

Except the last tracking message states that my package was refused on the doorstep due to being damaged at 15:59pm today.  Except no one was at my door!

Then magically between 7pm and 9pm a tesco carrier bag was left on my doorstep with my opened leaky parcel with a soggy bottom covered in joes sealant.

???

I had already contacted wiggle earlier this evening, explaining my parcel had apparently been refused on the doorstep. Wiggles response was that they had ran out of the sealant, so do I wish to cancel the order for a full refund?  Yes I replied.

And now the order turns up, albiet in a soggy mess of leaky sealant.  Which kind of somes up my previous trial of tubeless conversion on my mtb with a joes no tubes kit (non tubeless rims & non tubeless ready tyres) - I had ordered the extra sealant inc ase the conversion was a success so I'd always have sealant to hand.

So perhaps this is fate telling me to just stick to ye olde worlde inner tubes!

« Reply #345 on: 22 May, 2018, 09:33:09 am »
Ordered some garden furniture from B&Q. I was given a delivery day of last Thursday - about a week after the order was placed, but, whatever.
B&Q website says that the delivery window is 8am to 6pm  - about 4:20pm I start getting a bit twitchy, so I rang the B&Q curiously named helpline, who helpfully informed me that, no, it wasn't going to be delivered today, and, no, they didn't know where it was, or when it was going to be delivered. It was with DX couriers somewhere between Wolverhampton and Nottingham, but it had left Wolverhampton the previous day and never arrived.
I had a bit of blood pressure and got an offer of a delivery the following Wednesday (tomorrow) 6 days after the original delivery date.  A bit more blood pressure, with a threat to cancel the order, I got a promise to deliver it on the Monday. This was realistically the best I was going to get - so I accepted.
Come about 6:30 on the day of the original delivery I get a text from DX telling me that my scheduled delivery has been cancelled. What F:::ing scheduled delivery?
Anyway the stuff was delivered as promised on Monday.
I await B&Qs response to my green ink email.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #346 on: 24 May, 2018, 07:40:07 pm »
I am expecting DPD between 14.12 and 15.12.

I am watching driver's progress and will migrate to door when it's 3 stops away.

I may be some time...

ETA 1) 14.00  Still waiting. I am #77. Scant van progress with #76 less than a mile away.

ETA 2) 15.15 States parcel was delivered and signed for at 15.05 by 'VBAR' who is unknown to us...
On hold, phoning DPD...

ETA 3) 16.04 Item arrived at 16.00. I had spent AGES on hold to DPD by then. No phone numbers are given on their website; had to resort to Google Maps for that.

Got my on-line phone bill today. (BT landline with Any time add-ons)
My calls to DPD that day totalled £4.38 and I never even spoke to anyone!

GRR!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #347 on: 24 May, 2018, 07:58:42 pm »
Our-favourite-telco should offer a tariff for people who spend a lot of time on hold to idiot organisations...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #348 on: 24 May, 2018, 08:26:26 pm »
They are MINTING it with this! They won't give this nice little earner up.

GGGRRR!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #349 on: 31 May, 2018, 01:14:25 pm »
Expecting dpd between 15.00 and 16.00...

ETA I think this is the same Jason from DPD who 'disappeared' with the cat litter last month.

Today's delivery is a Thing from Fruit. I've booked the 15.00-16.00 slot.
13.45 Jason is about a mile away, on delivery 88.

I am supposedly #120...