Author Topic: Memory Map and printing  (Read 1299 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Memory Map and printing
« on: 20 March, 2019, 08:14:48 pm »
Just updated Mem Map to ver 6.2.2 (the latest) and the printing seems to have gone mad - pages print with large areas of map missing and just white space.

Trying the "repair" option fails - before I a) delete Mem Map (incl the Registry entries) and/or B0 try and get an answer from mem Map - has anyone else had the same issue.

I'm trying to us the "operations/print track" option to print a multi-page map with my route.   It's been working like a dream for years but all of a sudden has failed.   I've run the "cleaner" that fixes the display issue with grey tiles etc.

Rob

Re: Memory Map and printing
« Reply #1 on: 21 March, 2019, 09:05:32 am »
I've not tried printing so can't help with that, but have you tried 'phoning them?  They have 30 days free telephone support (when you can find the number) but I've used it  a couple of times, the first a couple of years outside the 30 day period and have never been asked when I bought the software.  You get through to the same person each time (so I assume that the "support dept"consists of just one), they are in the UK and have always been really helpful and patient, and what's more have resolved the problem each time

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: Memory Map and printing
« Reply #2 on: 21 March, 2019, 09:26:22 am »
I've not tried printing so can't help with that, but have you tried 'phoning them?  They have 30 days free telephone support (when you can find the number) but I've used it  a couple of times, the first a couple of years outside the 30 day period and have never been asked when I bought the software.  You get through to the same person each time (so I assume that the "support dept"consists of just one), they are in the UK and have always been really helpful and patient, and what's more have resolved the problem each time

Agreed they are usually helpful on the phone but it's often hard to get through IME (and at the moment they are only there when I can't get to a phone)   That said I've found that Plotaroute (if you have the subscription) produces pdf maps pretty well. 

Rob