Author Topic: Jantastic 2015  (Read 12776 times)

Re: Jantastic 2015
« Reply #50 on: 24 January, 2015, 08:08:45 pm »
Ideally, I'd like a progressive goal - distance increasing each week in February, but I don't think Jantastic will let me do that. Therefore I'm going to wimp out and set a distance which would challenge me at the start of February and then build from there. If I go for 10K straight off, I'm in danger of crocking myself, which would be stupid.
You tell it your planned max distance for each week, so you can do progressive. My max distance for week 3 is a 2000m swim as we're away that weekend without bikes.

« Reply #51 on: 24 January, 2015, 09:00:52 pm »
Ah, thanks - I'd never actually looked at the target logging page - just the ruz which I was obviously misinterpreting. I've now logged my targets.

« Reply #52 on: 24 January, 2015, 09:11:02 pm »
Went out to do Park Run and can't record it because I cycled there and back so didn't log 30 minutes of running.

The 30 min thing is bollocks. Just ignore it. You ran 5 km, which is a run.

And sod it - I've logged my parkrun too, cos I cycled there and back. I'm quite chuffed about the time too. This was my first run in years and I came first in my age group with a 24:32. I know it's slow compared to you young whipper-snappers, but for a 61 year old non-runner, I didn't think it was that bad (plus I had to slow down at one point to check to check if the text message I'd just received was the one I was expecting - it wasn't...).

« Reply #53 on: 25 January, 2015, 07:51:15 pm »
Just set my february targets, trying to use this to move things on a little following my pre christmas slump.

My plan is,

4x running a week, starting at 5k and increasing to 6.5k
at least 1x cycling a week (I've not ridden since christmas apart from a tandem trip to nailsworth for cake).

I'm going to ramp up the miles on the bike in March and then try to stick to it.

D.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #54 on: 28 January, 2015, 07:04:56 pm »
Oh dear. It'll have to be a Running Joker for me this week. Foot needs a week off. Sorry team - and to think I had my money on boab to let us down first, pfft.

No idea where this leave me with Feb targets. I don't even know if I'll run more than once in the first week  :-\
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #55 on: 28 January, 2015, 07:33:48 pm »
Oh dear. It'll have to be a Running Joker for me this week. Foot needs a week off. Sorry team - and to think I had my money on boab to let us down first, pfft.

::-)

Hope your foot heals.
(Still time for me to F-u, I haven't swum yet this week...)

« Reply #56 on: 29 January, 2015, 01:00:44 pm »

No idea where this leave me with Feb targets. I don't even know if I'll run more than once in the first week  :-\

There's no point in crocking yourself, Matt, for the sake of an internet challenge. These things are supposed to motivate you to get up and out when it's a bit cold and meh out there, not kill you off. Take it easy and rest the foot up. Don't be tempted to return with it too early.

I think that' there's still time to go in and readjust your Feb targets. If in doubt, you could always reduce the number of activities per week down to the minimum. Sounds like you have a good reason for doing this.

« Reply #57 on: 30 January, 2015, 09:02:13 am »
Bit concerned that I might have to use a joker this week.   I'm really not confident at all when there's a bit of snow and ice about and it looks like we have a few days of it now.   :(

« Reply #58 on: 30 January, 2015, 01:02:36 pm »
Knowing I was heading to Frozen Northern Parts I got all my jantastics in by today.
 :smug:

(Must get them logged)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #59 on: 01 February, 2015, 12:48:47 pm »
100 % completion for January for me once I've logged my activities for the past week :thumbsup:.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

« Reply #60 on: 01 February, 2015, 01:05:15 pm »
I'm off out on the bike in a few minutes to safeguard the joker and to complete the month.   Looking forward to February already.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #61 on: 01 February, 2015, 04:10:40 pm »
I looked at the weather forecast for the ride we've entered next weekend.
And amended my February targets to distances I'm willing to ride on studs.
Jantastic still wonders if I'm telling the truth!

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #62 on: 01 February, 2015, 05:36:33 pm »
I looked at the weather forecast for the ride we've entered next weekend.
And amended my February targets to distances I'm willing to ride on studs.
Jantastic still wonders if I'm telling the truth!
Did 330km trip their warning limit?

Meanwhile,  I cant actually workout how to play a joker! The interface is ... non-intuitive. And my facebook post has been ignored. Hrumph.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #63 on: 01 February, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »
Just been looking at what is happening local to me.   28 Rugbeians joined for January but only three of us have been taking it seriously and all three of us have completed our targets for January.   I guess that reflects on how seriously most folk take it - a bit of a new year resolution for many?

Anyway, locally I'm joint first.   :smug:   :thumbsup: 

I'm definitely first outright in my age group as there is only me in that age group, and I seem to be the oldest registered locally.

« Reply #64 on: 01 February, 2015, 09:18:21 pm »
The good citizens of BSE are much keener than the rugbians. There are 7 of us ladies on 100%

αdαmsκι

« Reply #65 on: 01 February, 2015, 09:22:45 pm »
I've had the following email from Jantastic:

The following teams are the top 2 scorers in each category

SMALL
yacf
Ballymena Runners AC

MEDIUM
Pomphrey Hill parkrun
Oldham & Royton Harriers

LARGE

St Andrews Streakers
Conkers parkrun Girls

As the respective creators and admins of these teams, if you have any photos or interesting titbits of info about your team then please send them through as we may use them either in out social media chat or newsletters!

Thanks for supporting jantastic and congratulations on your high performing team :-)

If anyone can be bothered to write anything (sensible!) about our team I'll be happy to email it through to the Jantastic team.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

« Reply #66 on: 02 February, 2015, 01:02:10 pm »
Just been looking at what is happening local to me.   28 Rugbeians joined for January but only three of us have been taking it seriously and all three of us have completed our targets for January.   I guess that reflects on how seriously most folk take it - a bit of a new year resolution for many?

Anyway, locally I'm joint first.   :smug:   :thumbsup: 

I'm definitely first outright in my age group as there is only me in that age group, and I seem to be the oldest registered locally.

100% for January and feeling pretty smug about it.

I've observed similar to what you are saying PB, I find the first week of Jan and between Christmas and new year it's almost impossible to run along the tow-path in Stroud without being run down by roaming groups of joggers clad in brand new gear and then come the end of Jan I'm on my own again. I only hope a few of them stick at it.  I suspect too many people buy the gear to get it out from last year and just attempt to run 5k without any build up, hate it and give up till next year.

« Reply #67 on: 03 February, 2015, 01:38:38 pm »
Jantastic isn't logging for me this morning (I like to log as I do each run, rather than waiting to the end of the week - that way I don't forget, or if I do, it won't be an entire week's worth of runs I screw up on). I think they might be having one or two transfer problems to February, as we don't appear to have any team members at the moment, either. Will try again tomorrow.

« Reply #68 on: 03 February, 2015, 01:50:07 pm »
Same every week.  You cannot log for the current week until after the deadline has passed for logging the previous week. 

« Reply #69 on: 03 February, 2015, 01:54:03 pm »
Broken in some browsers after the switch over to February. Was having a twitter chat with them about it, it worked on my Mac but not on my Windows machine.

« Reply #70 on: 03 February, 2015, 01:58:17 pm »
Same every week.  You cannot log for the current week until after the deadline has passed for logging the previous week.

The deadline passed at 8am this morning. It's showing the February log pages - just not accepting input. No doubt they'll sort it in the next day or so. Either that, or I'll have to try loging from an iMac

« Reply #71 on: 05 February, 2015, 10:31:33 am »
Having run this morning and then cycled into work I went into Jantastic to log them from Strava.   Up pops the message, "are you sure you've done 4 workouts this week, you can't log them until you've done them." You would have thought the dates in strava would have been a hint.

D.

αdαmsκι

« Reply #72 on: 05 February, 2015, 09:46:43 pm »
I've come down with a cold (I'm thinking the efforts of a half marathon on Sunday knocked out my immune system), which means this week is looking dodgy for my target of x1 swim session and x5 runs. I still need to complete three runs, including a 20 km effort, so will need to get out on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Followed by running Monday --> Friday the following week. Hmm....

I could use my joker, but really I need that for the third week of Feb. when I'll be away for a few days. Bum holes.

« Reply #73 on: 06 February, 2015, 12:46:06 pm »
I'm out of action also: headache, sore throat/chest, coughing.  Was so keen to keep to my fitness and healthy eating programs whilst in the US for a week and it only lasted a day :).   Will be using the joker, and hope that I'm ok by the end of next week to catch up on goals.

αdαmsκι

« Reply #74 on: 07 February, 2015, 12:31:42 pm »
I've come down with a cold (I'm thinking the efforts of a half marathon on Sunday knocked out my immune system), ...
Probably, and also being in close proximity to 1800 runners and their supporters (and their colds).

I hadn't thought about the bugs from all the other runners. I'm guessing the marquee was a good breading ground for a lot of viruses! (I also have the chance to collect a lot of viruses as I work in a school.)

I was feeling a bit better this morning and as it was the third birthday party for my ParkRun I decided to head up to support the event (and get some free cake). I ran around at a slow-ish pace (2½ minutes slower than last week) and didn't feel too bad. Now, can I do two runs on Sunday (inc. one 20 km run) to save my Jantastic week?....