Author Topic: Cleanest Tour in years?  (Read 5735 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Cleanest Tour in years?
« Reply #50 on: 04 August, 2011, 11:18:40 pm »
If it was only my opinion, I'd say so. It is fact, I just haven't given you any names or reasons.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #51 on: 05 August, 2011, 01:26:20 pm »
By definition, something is a fact only if it can be corroborated.  Where's the evidence?  We'll accept metadata to start with ...

« Reply #52 on: 05 August, 2011, 02:57:55 pm »
LWaB implies he has evidence. Just because he is not choosing to divulge it has no bearing on whether his statement is a fact.... but I agree, unless you know LWaB very well personally and have reason to think he is utterly reliable, then saying something like that on an Internet forum adds little to the discussion.

That said, I happen to think he is correct.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Cleanest Tour in years?
« Reply #53 on: 05 August, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »
I always take it as read that anything posted on an internet forum is opinion rather than fact. I expect others to read my own posts the same way, hence I never feel the need to add "IMO" (and especially not "IMHO").

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #54 on: 05 August, 2011, 10:45:34 pm »
LWaB implies he has evidence. Just because he is not choosing to divulge it has no bearing on whether his statement is a fact.... but I agree, unless you know LWaB very well personally and have reason to think he is utterly reliable, then saying something like that on an Internet forum adds little to the discussion.

That said, I happen to think he is correct.

Fair enough, up to a point.  But, as someone once said to me, "Just because it's in someone's notebook doesn't mean it's data - if no-one else can see the notebook it might as well not exist"

« Reply #55 on: 05 August, 2011, 10:53:20 pm »
Then we agree  ;)

RJ

• Droll rat
« Reply #56 on: 05 August, 2011, 10:57:22 pm »
On the facts  ;)