General Category > Health & Fitness

Cross Training: Running

(1/506) > >>

Frenchie:
I used to run. Now I only jog really, but I do that when I travel and in the winter when light means I cannot enjoy long enough evenings (and I don´treally enjoy the turbo trainer).

Anyway back running again, 30 min. each day. The Argentinean climate is spoiling me really, as dry, warm weather conditions (although clammy at times) mean it is much easier to go out here than it is in rainy Britain! My morning jogs feel quite eay at the moment, showing that cycling has helped me maintain a good endurance base. I attacked a couple of inclines today and it felt great. I just need to be careful with the pounding.

I wonder how Grub´s doing?

GruB:
Grub has not been out again since.  I will go out again in the morning.  I have ridden all week instead as I had to, and I don't start my holiday until Tuesday - and we fly out on Wednesday, so no running in Australia until Friday morning I reckon.

annie:
I did my usual 5 mile run yesterday, felt good until 4 miles when I had problems with my right hip and extreme pain.

It has settled a little bit but this concerns me slightly, I wonder if it was the steep incline that I tackled and perhaps ran a little too fast.  I notice my times are improving so I am not overly concerned if I have to slow down a little.  I normally run with someone else and tend to go slower when I run with them, I think I run too fast on my own.

GruB:
Do you think it is because you find a rhythm?
What caused the hip to flare up?
A mis-step?

Frenchie:
Yeah! I am ahead of Grub in bike run journal!!

Feeling really good and using my runs to go around the place. Run along the Parana river this morning it was lovely! I am planning to go a bit further this WE. Next week Brazil.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version