Author Topic: Lezyne Power GPS battery replacement?  (Read 4728 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Lezyne Power GPS battery replacement?
« on: 19 January, 2019, 11:00:20 pm »
HK has a host of GPSs and the Lezyne Power GPS has a particularly degraded battery. I've not found anything on the interweb about Lezyne battery size or indeed the practicality of swapping batteries. The back seems to be held on by small Torx screws. Any advice?
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

iddu

• Are we there yet?
Re: Lezyne Power GPS battery replacement?
« Reply #1 on: 20 January, 2019, 10:41:11 pm »
https://fccid.io/2AD4S-GPS-V106/Internal-Photos/Internal-Photos-2656723 ?

There are many 3.7v 860mAh packs(*); suspect they buy in, and you'll need to de-foil to find out whose...assuming you want to DIY fix.

(*) closest I can see is https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/603248-880mAh-3-7V-Rechargeable-lithium_60687860827.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.1.4708258fJ0DO5H
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2019, 07:52:38 am »
Thanks iddu. Now to decide whether I actually want to tackle this job...

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #3 on: 29 January, 2019, 02:06:35 pm »
Useful! I need to take my SuperGPS apart to see if I can recover it or at least get a reliable source of power into it.
Though the cheapo Navic20 seems to be a good enough backup device.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #4 on: 29 July, 2019, 10:44:27 pm »
The stupid rubber bungs that Lezyne uses to cover the micro-USB fitting have broken. Their waterproofness was marginal when new, due to a poor plug location (even Garmin did better, eventually). HK now just uses the Super GPS and Power GPS as trackers in waterproof bags with permanently attached power packs.

In summary, avoid.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #5 on: 30 July, 2019, 12:00:31 am »
The stupid rubber bungs that Lezyne uses to cover the micro-USB fitting have broken. Their waterproofness was marginal when new, due to a poor plug location (even Garmin did better, eventually). HK now just uses the Super GPS and Power GPS as trackers in waterproof bags with permanently attached power packs.

In summary, avoid.

THat was the summary conclusion I came to and lobbed it into my pile of dead tech.