Author Topic: [HAMR] Jan 27th  (Read 9970 times)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Jan 27th
« Reply #50 on: 27 January, 2015, 07:54:10 pm »
Have you fixed the blow-up bed's slow puncture yet Andy?

;)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #51 on: 27 January, 2015, 08:05:12 pm »
I think we are ready here. Paul D is waiting under the A338 in Fordingbridge to meet TG and ride the last 25 miles with him. ETA around 2 hours I reckon. It'll have to be a Red Bull Pitstop to get Steve tucked in at a sensible hour.

Looks like Mr A is there now.

H

TGS

« Reply #52 on: 27 January, 2015, 08:10:08 pm »
Have you fixed the blow-up bed's slow puncture yet Andy?

;)

:-[ erm No. However, Steve has a luxurious double, as he is Royalty  :P

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #53 on: 27 January, 2015, 08:23:54 pm »
It gave me great pleasure to buy Steve dinner in Stockbridge this evening.

He took me by surprise by his speed to Andover so I couldn't cycle.  I drove out to RV in Stockbridge.  He was doing well, a really sensibe, solid pace on the bike.  He really makes it looks effortless.

Sent him on his way at 6pm, into the dark, full of mixed-grill and Coke.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #54 on: 27 January, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »

That's cool.
Hope to do the same myself one of these days.
Garry Broad

« Reply #55 on: 27 January, 2015, 08:38:19 pm »
The earthquake is nothing to do with Steve, I trust.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Hummers

« Reply #56 on: 27 January, 2015, 09:39:47 pm »

He took me by surprise by his speed to Andover so I couldn't cycle.  I drove out to RV in Stockbridge.  He was doing well, a really sensibe, solid pace on the bike.  He really makes it looks effortless.

Sent him on his way at 6pm, into the dark, full of mixed-grill and Coke.

:thumbsup:

Paul D is hoping to meet him at Fordingbridge and see him into Blandforf.

H

TGS

« Reply #57 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:02:29 pm »
Landed

« Reply #58 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:07:50 pm »
Brill  :thumbsup:
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

Hummers

« Reply #59 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:09:18 pm »
Huzzah!

H

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #60 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:16:42 pm »
So pleased to see Steve on the road after Cranborne; like Lee, I was surprised by his speedy progress and wasn't expecting to see him just then.

Standing by the roadside in the dark at 8.30pm I was struck with the enormity of the task in hand; yet it is carried out with a quiet determination that gives the observer confidence. When I told Mrs CB he had ridden from MK today she was impressed - she used to have to go there for work sometimes and it took 3 hours by car. When I then pointed out he had now done this for 27 days on the trot, her face gave tell-tale signs of recognition and admiration.

Her only comment however was 'I hope you didn't piss him off standing there shouting at him'.

I too hope not.

Chapeau Steve, it was a privilege to see you tonight.

Mojo is being awakened.

Hummers

« Reply #61 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:21:35 pm »
So pleased to see Steve on the road after Cranborne; like Lee, I was surprised by his speedy progress and wasn't expecting to see him just then.

Standing by the roadside in the dark at 8.30pm I was struck with the enormity of the task in hand; yet it is carried out with a quiet determination that gives the observer confidence. When I told Mrs CB he had ridden from MK today she was impressed - she used to have to go there for work sometimes and it took 3 hours by car. When I then pointed out he had now done this for 27 days on the trot, her face gave tell-tale signs of recognition and admiration.

Her only comment however was 'I hope you didn't piss him off standing there shouting at him waving pompoms and wearing a ra ra skirt'.

I too hope not.

Fixed that for you.

H

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #62 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:25:01 pm »
Cheers H. I'll buy you a lemonade one day.
Mojo is being awakened.

« Reply #63 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:26:39 pm »
And it's on strava.

306 km :thumbsup:

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #64 on: 27 January, 2015, 10:31:05 pm »

Her only comment however was 'I hope you didn't piss him off standing there shouting at him waving pompoms and wearing a ra ra skirt'.

I too hope not.

Fixed that for you.

H

Just noticed.

You promised not to tell anyone.
Mojo is being awakened.