Author Topic: [HAMR] The Guardian  (Read 2509 times)

Otto

• Biking Bad

Re: The Guardian
« Reply #2 on: 08 February, 2015, 01:36:07 pm »
I thought it was a lovely article - she was very sympathetic and captured nicely the modesty/ non shoutyness of the whole thing.  Made me quite proud...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2015, 10:23:18 pm »
Dr Larrington noticed it, though whether she would have paid it much mind had she not already been aware of Steve's efforts is open to question.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2015, 10:26:30 pm »
Mrs G noticed it too and didn't just glance over it.

Spike

• Not another hill please......
« Reply #5 on: 21 February, 2015, 10:13:10 pm »
I tweeted Ms Williams and asked her to check Steve out every three months to see how he is doing...she replied...'Wilco'...I will remind her !

« Reply #6 on: 24 February, 2015, 07:19:31 am »
That's quite funny. I'd sent her a link to the Andy Wilkinson 24 hour record film. She was going to be taken more seriously if she knew about some of the key milestones in recent long-distance cycling. Andy's known as 'Wilko'.

« Reply #7 on: 28 February, 2015, 01:44:25 pm »
As an assiduous Guardian reader, I see there's a slight reference to Steve in Zoe's review of the Skoda Yeti, a car I'd quite like myself.
And yet, and yet; subjected to some profoundly challenging driving conditions, it triumphed, and I decided I didn’t care what it looked like, or where the armrest was. Wednesday was spent driving alongside a cyclist while someone else took photos of him on miles of country road, causing huge inconvenience to other cars. I needed more than agility, which this has in surprising amounts; I needed enough acceleration that meant, when I’d finished, I could disappear at a speed that said, simultaneously, “I’m sorry for the delay,” and “Eat my shorts”. That I got. Does turbo-diesel get better all the time, or do my prejudices simply recede? The 2L TDI engine soared past everything.
http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/28/skoda-yeti-black-edition-car-review