Author Topic: [HAMR] Feb 28th  (Read 7681 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
[HAMR] Feb 28th
« on: 28 February, 2015, 04:18:28 am »
I'm awake a little earlier than usual so I would imagine that Steve is still slumbering.

A second month comes to an end and the stress levels must be increasing. Surely there is a limit to what the human mind and body can tolerate? I don't know how long we can continue following Steve's progress every day without one of us cracking.

Good luck Steve!
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hillbilly

Re: Feb 28th
« Reply #1 on: 28 February, 2015, 04:49:31 am »
Wibble.

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2015, 05:33:41 am »
Early start for Steve this morning.  Already on the road at 5.30am.  I'm off to do a mini-Steve today.  CET Junior has a rowing competition near Bristol so have 7 hours or so to explore the Mendips and Quantocks.  Unfinished business with Draycott Hill which did me in on the Brimstone a couple of years back and also Corscombe Combe.  Two roads I feel safe that Steve will not explore this year.   :smug:
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 183 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  116 (nautical miles)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2015, 06:10:10 am »
Just missed him again as he passed our front door! No matter, he'll be back and in just over an hour's time, for a ride with the Essex Peloton. [Or more likely leaving us in his dust ;D] Legend!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #4 on: 28 February, 2015, 08:12:18 am »
I wonder if any motons have told him he ought to be on the Flitch Way.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #5 on: 28 February, 2015, 08:22:49 am »
I hope he slept better than I did.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #6 on: 28 February, 2015, 09:57:41 am »
I'm awake a little earlier than usual so I would imagine that Steve is still slumbering.

A second month comes to an end and the stress levels must be increasing. Surely there is a limit to what the human mind and body can tolerate? I don't know how long we can continue following Steve's progress every day without one of us cracking.

Good luck Steve!

I wonder about the potential for flame wars to erupt related to people posting comments from mobile phones vs PCs, let alone the whole Mac vs PC maelstrom  :facepalm:

I would 've going back to bed if I wasn't cycling to the Audax Club X meet up in Salisbury.

H

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #7 on: 28 February, 2015, 10:06:35 am »
Go Steve!
Getting there...

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #8 on: 28 February, 2015, 10:09:33 am »
On the last day of January I noticed that Steve reduced his distance a little - I wondered whether this was in celebration or relief. Will he do the same today?
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #9 on: 28 February, 2015, 11:55:46 am »
He seems to be heading determinedly away from Marsh Gibbon today.  Something is Wrong on the roads of BRITAIN ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #10 on: 28 February, 2015, 12:34:50 pm »
Tweeted this picture two hours ago. Seems in fine fettle.

Jack_P

• It's just dicking about on bikes
    • Cycling hobo
« Reply #11 on: 28 February, 2015, 12:57:26 pm »
I need him to have a calm day if I want to be close on the monthly sweepstake
Not going to happen is it  :facepalm:
Go Essex Steve

« Reply #12 on: 28 February, 2015, 01:16:05 pm »
On a road trip visiting friends, and saw TG wasn't too far away, so plotted a minor detour and laid in wait.

He went by too fast for me to get ready with my camera. He looks strong out there.

I think we should have a badly taken photo of TG competition...

« Reply #13 on: 28 February, 2015, 01:23:09 pm »
We're hoping to cross paths this afternoon as we head north from Lavenham and he heads south. We're on the clock though (I am, Mr Smith is just along for fun) so I think we will miss him. So near, and yet so far!

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #14 on: 28 February, 2015, 03:20:09 pm »
There is a suggestion around that he will ease off a bit today - and get a good nights sleep
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #15 on: 28 February, 2015, 03:37:05 pm »
He looks very comfy on the aerobars.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #16 on: 28 February, 2015, 03:58:08 pm »
Don't know about anybody else, but February seems to have come and gone in a flash. Where did it go and where did all the riding go? Is this an indication that Steve's tracker page has become just another bookmark in the favorites folder, and is getting lost in all the other stuff we browse? Maybe it's also testement to his incredible sense of consistency and steadfastness that each day can seem like it's just another day at the office. Maybe for him, it actually is. Remarkable.
Garry Broad

alfapete

• Oh dear
« Reply #17 on: 28 February, 2015, 07:37:56 pm »
On the last day of January I noticed that Steve reduced his distance a little - I wondered whether this was in celebration or relief. Will he do the same today?

What a brilliant prediction - a bit of an early finish to celebrate another month done!
alfapete - that's the Pete that drives the Alfa

LMT

« Reply #18 on: 28 February, 2015, 08:23:32 pm »
*Only* 149 (tracker) miles today and the first of March tomorrow. Are we going to see the first 250 miles + ride from Steve...?

hillbilly

« Reply #19 on: 28 February, 2015, 08:26:07 pm »
I'm guessing the weather north of that London was as mixed as in Surrey, in which case an early bath was definitely called for.  I'm also guessing that he will eventually turn full tilt into the wind (or at least without it behind him) so an extra sausage is no doubt welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ0gkpdDMx4

(the interweb is truly special place - if you can think it, it will exist)

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #20 on: 28 February, 2015, 08:30:46 pm »
It has been a tough day and the wind is from the west. If he is heading home it will be a bitch of a ride.

BB
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

« Reply #21 on: 28 February, 2015, 09:04:17 pm »
158.4 miles on Strava  :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #22 on: 28 February, 2015, 09:16:20 pm »
He Tweeted he was having a 'rest' day today.

« Reply #23 on: 28 February, 2015, 09:17:51 pm »

How prophetic!"

« Reply #24 on: 28 February, 2015, 11:46:54 pm »
It was awesome having Steve in the Peleton on the Horses For Courses ride today. It puts it into perspective having a chat with him at the end as I am starting to feel things ache and he describes today as a recovery ride! I managed 281km....and I am having a very long sleep in tomorrow!