Author Topic: [HAMR] 24th April, Teethgrinder Day 114  (Read 1491 times)

[HAMR] 24th April, Teethgrinder Day 114
« on: 24 April, 2015, 12:13:11 pm »
It's afternoon and the days thread had not been started, so for completeness I set it off.

Any significance to the 70 mile and 90 mile days around MK?  Looking back that's what appear most.
Tandem Riders Do It Together
188 miles NNE of Marsh Gibbon

Re: 24th April, Teethgrinder Day 114
« Reply #1 on: 24 April, 2015, 07:01:48 pm »
I think everyone's quietly and patiently waiting for TG to break out of the bowl ;D
DJR (Dave Russell) now retired. Carbon Beone parts bin special retired to turbo trainer, Brompton broken, as was I, Whyte Suffolk dismantled and sold. Now have Mason Definition and Orbea M20i.

CrazyEnglishTriathlete

• Miles eaten don't satisfy hunger
  • Chartered accountant in 5 different decades
    • CET Ride Reports and Blogs
« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2015, 09:38:01 pm »
It keeps TG fit, the exercise will probably help the bone heal.  There's a possibility that he could still beat the record this year because it reduces the amount that he falls behind the schedule.  And, probably most importantly, if he does decide to run a parallel attempt starting in the summer (say 1st July for neatness) it means that he doesn't have to go from zero to 300 miles per day.

So, like pretty much everything else TG has done this year, it shows someone in full control of their faculties making practical and sensible plans.
Eddington Numbers 130 (imperial), 182 (metric) 574 (furlongs)  114 (nautical miles)

« Reply #3 on: 25 April, 2015, 04:21:14 pm »
I was riding a permanent yesterday (Cambridge Four Counties, 200K) and passed him on the cycle paths in Milton Keynes (I think near the roundabout of Grafton Way and Monk's Street).  I just said a brief hello as I twigged who it was.  My recollection is that he wasn't looking too happy and I was feeling a bit tired and overheated at that point anyway.
Clever enough to know I'm not clever enough.