Random Musings > Kidstuff

Svan high chair stockists in London?

(1/3) > >>

Greenbank:
Anyone know anywhere that stocks the Svan high chair?

London, ideally SW London (Fulham, Richmond, etc).

Anyone got one and have any comments about it?

PaulF:
Can't point you to a stockist but kiddicare.com appear to have them. We used kiddicare a lot and were impressed with their service and prices.

No experience but the chair looks like the sort of thing that we would have chosen had we been aware of it - appears solid and plenty of adjustment available.

little miss mac:
Highchairs: I did a LOT of research and ended up with... the £15 Ikea Antilop.

It is utterly fantastic. Totally easy to clean, packs down reasonably so you can take it in the boot when visiting granny*, can be used with or without a tray, and it just works. And if you find it doesn't, for any reason, you're only £15 down rather thank £quitealot. We decided to test the Antilop before buying something expensive, and we never looked back.

It doesn't turn into a kiddy chair as the child grows, but TBH you don't really need that. I can't recommend it highly enough.

*or splash out on another to leave at granny's.

CrinklyLion:
A word of warning about nice wooden high chairs (we have a tripp trapp that granny insisted on bringing back from Denmark for us - despite me pointing out that there's a stockist in town  ::-) which has been lent out between cubs to someone else so has seen over 8 years of continous service) - clean off the sticky weetabix AS SOON as they finish eating or it will set like concrete and your lovely swish chair will forever look slightly manky.  Works brilliantly, just not as easy to clean as plastic :)

Oh, and another thumbs up for kiddicare from here - we found them really good.

Greenbank:
Ta for the comments. We used kiddicare for the 'Travel Solution' (pram/carry-cot/car-seat) and I'd happily use them again, but we're wanting to look at the chair before buying one (it's not exactly cheap) which web stores can't help with.

We've ruled out the Tripp Trapp, just not a fan of it (some siblings have one).

I'll have a look at the Ikea chair. £15 is far more sensible than £180.

I reward your helpful comments with a photo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version