Linked Events

• El Segadors, April 18th - 24th 2015: 24 April, 2016 - 30 April, 2016

Author Topic: El Segadors, April 24th - May 1st 2016 **NEW DATES**  (Read 2155 times)

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
El Segadors, April 24th - May 1st 2016 **NEW DATES**
« on: 11 May, 2014, 07:16:36 pm »
I will link to previous runs later, when at a real computer, but discussion has started tonight into running another multiday tour in Catalonia (hence the title) next April or May.  My preference is for the 3rd week in April as most accomodation is open but not overly busy, it been a full week before the tourist season starts in earnest.

There are plans afoot to alter the route to shorten day one and to take out the worst day (5 Cols in one day were just astep too far).

I know at least one person otp expressed an interest, any other (even just tentative) interest? A no commitment show of hands will be a good start.

I can promise great food, fantastic scenery and friendly locals (even the guy who told us "no agua, no comida, nada" for the next 40K in the direction we were going was friendly!

We will try to fit in visits to Girona, Barcelona and one or two other smaller towns and cities.  Oh and I won't attempt to recover my stuff from the airport when i have a hangover.

UPDATE: Date decided as 18th - 24th April 2015, out on Saturday, back on Friday (though cycling Sunday through Thursday)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Re: El Segadors, April/May 2015
« Reply #1 on: 11 May, 2014, 07:21:04 pm »
I'm in  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

tiermat

« Reply #2 on: 12 May, 2014, 12:00:39 pm »
Here is my write up from last year, warts and all...

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=70994.0

And Ham's

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=70856.0

And my report from the year before:

https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=59029.0
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

tiermat

« Reply #3 on: 12 May, 2014, 12:41:38 pm »
Subject to corrections and additions, this is a more realistic Day 1:

http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path/catalonia-2015-day-1

tiermat

« Reply #4 on: 08 July, 2014, 12:53:32 pm »
It's becoming a bit more real now, having had discussions with Ham and Dave(not OTP).

Easter is 5/4/2015.

Looking at the Jet2 site the best deals seem to be for Sunday 19th to Monday 27th April, so giving plenty of time to get around.

I think I will aim for then (I can, currently, get 2 flights for less than I paid for one last year!).  Obviously this is if it fits in with other people's plans.

« Reply #5 on: 08 July, 2014, 02:07:27 pm »
These dates seem to neatly avoid the last of school holidays, too

tiermat

« Reply #6 on: 08 July, 2014, 02:23:32 pm »
I have just realised it would mean we would be there for St George's day, again!  :thumbsup:

tiermat

Re: El Segadors, April 18th - 24th 2015
« Reply #7 on: 10 October, 2014, 10:23:21 am »
Date updated and added to calendar

tiermat

Re: El Segadors, April 18th - 24th 2015
« Reply #8 on: 04 August, 2015, 02:59:35 pm »
Due to work, illness, injury and general lack of CBA, this (obviously, or you would have all heard about it) didn't happen.

However, subject to agreement from the other two that are involved, shall be 24th April - 1st May 2016.

I am now stoked anew about this...

Any other statements of interest?

tiermat

Re: El Segadors, April 24th - May 1st 2016 **NEW DATES**
« Reply #9 on: 21 January, 2016, 04:29:34 pm »
A new plan is formed.

Instead of following the old route, which headed slightly south from BCN, across the plataeu to La Seu D'Urguell, then into the mountains, across to Ripoll then Olot, down to Girona and back, the plan is to go North from BCN, via train.  This will takes us to Blanes.  Ride from there to Sant Feliu De Guixolls, where we will pick up the Pirinexus.  From there it is a simple "follow the route" into French Catalan France, nearly to Perpignan then back over the Pyrennes to Olot, Girona and back to the beginning.  The Pirinexus is just over 300Km, so a side trip to Roses, a day in Girona and another day in Barcelona can be fitted in.

Once I have hacked the route in an online route planner, I shall post in here.

Also there is a slight date change.  As The Tour De Yorkshire will pass through NTR on 1/5, I plan to come back a couple of days early, thus I have booked flights for OUT:21/4 RTN:29/4, so a good 8 days over there!

Stoked I am...

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #10 on: 21 January, 2016, 05:31:33 pm »
Catalunya, beer and carbon bikiness.

What's not to like . . .?
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #11 on: 21 January, 2016, 09:50:59 pm »
Ah ha!