Author Topic: A random thread for small entertainment things not warranting their own thread..  (Read 284438 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
There's a pub not far from here that instead of having piped music in the loos, has Round the Horn on an endless loop.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

clarion

• Tyke
There's a pub not far from here that instead of having piped music in the [s[loos[/s] cottage, has Round the Horn on an endless loop.

ITYM
Getting there...

Oooo hark at him.

Hello I'm Jules and this is my friend Sandy, welcome to Bona Cycles, We Pedal You Well is our slogan. If your chain is slack we can do something about it, can't we Sand?

Working my way up to inferior.

Biff, that is awesome ( I watched banana splits when I was a kids)

Na na naa,
nanana naaa
<i>Marmite slave</i>

clarion

• Tyke
The other day, I saw a woman with strikingly red hair in Borough.  I thought she looked like Tori Amos.

This would be a pointless comment, were it not that Tori Amos is in the area putting together a musical.

Yup.  I saw Tori Amos and was struck by her resemblance to herself. :facepalm:
Getting there...

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
The other day, I saw a woman with strikingly red hair in Borough.  I thought she looked like Tori Amos.

This would be a pointless comment, were it not that Tori Amos is in the area putting together a musical.

Yup.  I saw Tori Amos and was struck by her resemblance to herself. :facepalm:

Does she look as haunting in the flesh?

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes

Excellent.

(although i still find them slightly sinister ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
There's an offer on Amazon at the moment - if you buy all the Adam and the Ants sheet music they'll throw in a stand and deliver.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
I've just watched a french film (Point Blank) featureing actor Roschdy Zem.

For over 20 years I had thought that only mattresses were called Zem. (one for H2G2 fans, sorry)
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Dez has introduced me to a television programme called "Pointless".

Just now we watched a "celebrity" episode involving 8 "celebrities".

I recognised only one (Nerys Hughes) and had heard of just one other (Martin Jarvis) but I didn't know what he looked like.

I did, however, get a "pointless" answer in the form o Port of Spain when it came to naming Caribbean capitals.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

There was an excellent Marvin Gaye documentary on BBC4 earlier.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
There was an excellent Marvin Gaye documentary on BBC4 earlier.

Seems somehow appropriate not to hear about it first hand.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
Now you have mastered "Pointless" you should try Numberwang <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AIxz6BDmTNU&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/AIxz6BDmTNU&rel=1</a>
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Eccentrica Gallumbits

I'm just watching TOTP 1978 from earlier. Legs & Co are dancing to Instant Replay wearing very tiny very glittery bikinis. The cameramen are doing lots of close-ups.

LEE

I'm just watching TOTP 1978 from earlier. Legs & Co are dancing to Instant Replay wearing very tiny very glittery bikinis. The cameramen are doing lots of close-ups.

I remember Pan's People....ahhh..Lovely Babs......I forget her name.  (Norman Stanley Fletcher - Slade Prison).

clarion

• Tyke
Well, Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys turned up for the interview on R6M with Stuart Maconie.  And he seems to have got over any nerves he might have had about speaking on the radio.  In fact, he could barely have been more relaxed.  I wonder what his secret is?
Getting there...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

Top-up TV are ceasing broadcasting next week so I have succumbed to the Murdoch empire*. The Sky installers have just been and I am marvelling - if marvelling can be tinged with horror - at the range of channels available to me. *never leaves house again*

*I did tell them that I'm only moving to Sky because Top-up TV are no more and I still think they're evil and I hate Rupert Murdoch and all his works. I don't think they care as long as they get my money.

A subscription to Netflix would be your friend.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Top-up TV are ceasing broadcasting next week so I have succumbed to the Murdoch empire*. The Sky installers have just been and I am marvelling - if marvelling can be tinged with horror - at the range of channels available to me.

Bet there's still nothing worth watching, thobut.

</wowbagger>

Eccentrica Gallumbits

A subscription to Netflix would be your friend.
I don't like watching telly on computers if I can help it.

We have a screen set up on top of a dvd player. Computer is below that.

Watching on computer isn't any different from watching on dvd
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
Interesting: http://thequietus.com/features/baker-s-dozen - artists discuss their 13 favourite albums (or tracks in Kristin Hersh's case).
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Well, Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys turned up for the interview on R6M with Stuart Maconie.  And he seems to have got over any nerves he might have had about speaking on the radio.  In fact, he could barely have been more relaxed.  I wonder what his secret is?

Even if I hadn't heard that interview so know exactly what you're hinting at, your innuendo isn't exactly subtle! ;D

Given that he went down ill a couple of days later, I suspect he'd been on the Benylin. Rather a lot of it.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I felt that it was a bit of a mistake having Godfrey Bloom on HIGNFY this evening. OK, he made an arse of himself and was guilty of some spontaneous racism, asking why Krishnan Guru-Murthy had an Irish name and a Welsh accent. Victoria Coren was seriously unimpressed with his raw prejudice.

People like Bloom are really at their best when you can neither hear nor see them.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.