Author Topic: Factors that influence participation in sports and exercise in middle aged adult  (Read 2535 times)

A colleague's daughter is currently undertaking a research project as part of her HND in Sports Coaching and Development. The topic she is investigating is 'Factors that influence participation in sports and exercise in middle aged adults'. Her research includes an anonymous online survey to help identify the factors that motivate people to take part as well as barriers which may prevent or hinder them. To get a good cross-section of results, she would be pleased to have as many people as possible complete the survey, link below.

https://forms.gle/YQzezmzXxdahJtNA7

Takes about 5 min to complete. Reasonably sensibly constructed questions.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Done, but on my Android phone, I couldn't find a way to input my age other than to scroll back 58 years, so I didn't.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

essexian

Done.

Not a bad survey. Indeed, a lot better than some I have seen by students doing much higher level courses.  :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Done.

Yeah, it was possible to answer most things sensibly.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Done, but on my Android phone, I couldn't find a way to input my age other than to scroll back 58 years, so I didn't.

That's Google's date picker being designed for entering a date in the recent future or past rather than DoB and not having manual over ride.
Or in otherwords Googles junk concept of UX

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
Done, although nut impressed to be right in the target age
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

T42

• Apprentice geezer
I got thrown out: too old.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

I failed to add a D.O.B on the iPad too. I’ll try on the laptop later.

ETA now done.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Done, although nut impressed to be right in the target age
+1
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

The form Factors Influencing Participation in Sport and Exercise in Middle Aged Adults is no longer accepting responses.

How did the survey define "middle age"?

Form now says it's no longer taking responses.
I assume enough data has been collected?
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Phil W

Something that your colleague's daughter may want to consider is that it is unnecessary for her to collect date of birth and that she would be better off asking for an age range, say 36-40,41-45 etc...  This is expecially true in the age of GDPR.