Author Topic: Riding after Prostate Cancer  (Read 1264 times)

Martin 14

• People too weak to follow their own dreams, will a
Riding after Prostate Cancer
« on: 17 December, 2022, 12:25:35 pm »
I got diagnosed with this about 18 months ago, finished my hormone and radio therapy treatment the end of July and are now currently just having my blood monitored for the next 6 months.
Started doing a little exercise on the turbo zone 1 and 2 a few weeks ago, so yesterday I decided to do an FTP test just to give me a marker going forward. As expected it was well down, by half!  Anyway what I don't understand is that although my heart rate could reach zone 3 tempo and occasionally touch zone 4 my power output was no different to the same effort I had been getting at zone 1 and 2. Anyone been here with this before, advice would be gratefully appreciated.
People too weak to follow their own dreams, will always find a way to discourage yours

Re: Riding after Prostate Cancer
« Reply #1 on: 17 December, 2022, 02:08:14 pm »
I had my cancerous prostate removed on 12th September by keyhole knife wounds-like (to the stomach) surgery. This was followed by two weeks of wearing a catheter and another five weeks of being in pain.

On the eighth week post-operation (mid-November) I saw the consultant surgeon, who suggested
I start exercising again. I am now almost producing similar stats on my concept2 rower that I had
before the operation, and back to leading our Saturday morning Social Group.

So, what am I trying to say to you? Your body has taken a beating from the hormone and radio
therapy.

Don't worry, give it time and your power numbers will return to what you were previously seeing.

Martin 14

• People too weak to follow their own dreams, will a
Re: Riding after Prostate Cancer
« Reply #2 on: 18 December, 2022, 03:30:39 pm »
Thank you  :thumbsup:
People too weak to follow their own dreams, will always find a way to discourage yours